Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
S
coach
coach
S
>>[Hurst66] Purple & Yellow,......futbol......there is still hope!<<

I decided it was time for me to "put up or shut up"...so, in no particular order...off the top of my head without any research (which means I'm going to miss a lot!)...

• Annie Galloway
  • Alex Mouton
  • Stacy Simpson
  • Lindsey Beam
  • Jacqueline Hines
  • Elizabeth Metherell
  • Julie Bolt
  • Danielle Jordan
  • Kelly Schneider
  • Kelly McGinty
  • Megan Whetzel
  • Shannon Bigbie
  • Nicole Coia
  • Abi Nicholas

...and it feels like I've left off a ton of wonderfully creative offensive players from SC who have played in the last few years...and I haven't even included the high school players but those who played offense at the highest level of competition in youth soccer...

I purposely didn't include any player currently playing U18G or under...but there are a ton there as well.

Not only does the future look bright...the past doesn't look too bad either...

world cup
world cup
Chico,

All of the girls you mention above are talented. Some of them have been able to rely on their speed, more than their foot skills to find success in the attacking third.

One player who you failed to mention, currently playing for Clemson, is Danielle Schmitt. Danielle scored over 100 goals in her high school career, and has never been accused of being "a burner". She's very good on the ball.

Another player very good with the ball is Jen Ficklen, another Lady Tiger. Despite scoring many goals in her high school and club career, Jen's strength on the ball and vision is what sets her apart from the crowd. Much like USC's Blakely Mattern.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Chico,

Good point. I wasn't trying to say that present and past players weren't bright. I'm just very impressed with the large number of wonderfully creative offensive players all on one team in only u14g. And I know of quite a few on the u13g, as well. So I guess I should say the future looks like it will continue to be bright :-) !

S
goal
goal
S
greenacres: RBC finals was a well played game by both teams,
somehow I feel that the CESA team will look a little different the weekend of state cup.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Watched the Game. It was great. What was the injury/illness report. I heard on the sidelines that CESA had a couple key players out. Also of note the player that scored the goal for CESA I beleve was quite ill that day, which makes her performance even that more remarkable. Can someone with more knowledge give specifics.

I also noted the mutual respect between these two teams. Both teams represented their clubs very well. i hope I am able to watch their next match-up.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
This was the original post in this thread:

The only question to be settled in this league is who will be the runners up to the CESA 92 Premier team

Yet we have heard nothing from 1977.

greenacres
S
goal
goal
S
bamr1:
Injuries, and sicknesses are all part of the game, all a team can do is play with the players that are available to play during any given match. That is why a team must have a solid bench to help out when a team has starters who are nicked and dinged.

1977?

S
coach
coach
S
>>Some of them have been able to rely on their speed, more than their foot skills to find success in the attacking third.<<

In RIIIPL-East, what you'll find is that the central and outside defenders are typically as fast as the "burners." It is certainly the case that against weak competition [e.g., high school, classic, and in some cases challenge league] that speed [or a big leg, or particularly weak teams, etc.] can overcome ball skills and the like. That's why I included only names who had success in RIIIPL-East and major tournaments. I'm not sure who on the list doesn't have the ball skills you want. Jacqueline Hines is probably the fastest on that list -- and her ball skills were impressive. Same goes for speedsters like Bolt, Jordan, etc. Heck -- as fast as Bolt is -- her ball skills were more impressive in the last college game in which I saw her play.

B
throw in
throw in
B
sweet feet:

Completely agree, I was just wondering like your prior post what changes we might see down the road for both teams on their next meeting. Were both teams at full strength. Also will these teams play again prior to State Cup.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The teams will meet again sometime in the spring during league play...Cannot speak for CESA but the starting left defender for Bridge took a good shot to the knee while playing up top during the second game..She scored a goal but not without paying a price.She played a limited role in the third game and started the championship game but was removed shortly after the start with an obvious limp and Annie was forced back into her old position..Next season should be a real challenge for both teams

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard