Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
S
coach
coach
S
Conversely, if any of these other U13G teams want to play these teams playing up in the U14G league, then perhaps they should just get on the telephone and ask for a scrimmage.

Or perhaps we should just break the legs of each of the girls on teams that dare to play up so that other SC teams have a better chance of competing.

Sometimes, it seems to me that the "South Carolina way" is to attempt to increase competition by forcing all South Carolina teams to a lower standard rather than trying to figure out how to raise more teams to a higher standard.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
CESA 93 and the Bridge 93 can play with and beat any U-13 team in Charlotte or Atlanta. Should Atlanta and Charlotte be the standard for South Carolina? That’s the problem we are having in South Carolina, our ambitions are limited to what we are exposed to! These two team are accepted to play in some of the best tournaments in the country, namely the Jefferson Cup etc. This is the only country that age prevents you from playing where you should be competing based on skill and ability.
Why penalize a group of girls for being talented and well coached? Rigid rules for an ever changing sports world.

P.S
We are referring to kids; “beast” is not a word to describe young kids. I know it is a phase you're using also, but it is unacceptable to describe talented female players

world cup
world cup
As the father of four daughter's, I apologize (geez....I should know better).

Those U-13's are 7th graders, right? let them all play for their HS varsity teams, too....it's a tragedy that we "hold them back" in the spring.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
If a player has the physical capabilities why not let them play? Everything has to be done in reason to prevent injury, etc. Yes a 7th grader with the skill, and physical abilities should be play varsity soccer if they want to and can make the team.
It’s up to the coaches of both teams to work out what’s best for the players involved. Working together can be a great concept

world cup
world cup
It's up to the coaches of "both" teams to work out what's best for the player involved? I think the high school coach is charged with looking out for what is best for his or her team...not necessarily the player.

If the state allowed a 7th grade girl to play varsity high school soccer....are you saying that the HS coach has to check with the club coach if the girl comes out for the team? Clear it with the club coach first?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
If it is allowed that a 7th grade player can play varsity, both coaches should work together, becuase there would be conflicts on both sides.
Each team is comprised of individual players, a good coach should look out for what is best for each player, as a result you build better teams. The goal is to develop and expose the players.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Thanks to CESA and Bridge FA for creating the right environment where kids can develop and grow in the game of soccer.

State Cup would be great.

world cup
world cup
If you're not playing for CESA or Bridge......you're NOT playing soccer!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
7th grader are already allowed to play varsity in SCISA. They are not in SCSHL due to liability (I believe) as the sport has been determined to be a contact sport.

And I disagree. I think they should play club until a freshman in HS. I have said this before so no sense in repeating all the rationale behind it.

Hurst is right in the can of worms you will open up...

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

"CESA 93 and the Bridge 93 can play with and beat any U-13 team in Charlotte or Atlanta."

We'll find out soon enough. Looking at Disney Jr Showcase the opening game is '93 CESA Premier girls versus '93 Charlotte SC Blue.

CSC Blue is an awesome team........and I may get my butt up early to go watch that one.

My U13 son (at CESA, formerly at CSC) told me that there is 1 girl on CSC that CESA can't touch.....but that overall he thinks the CESA girls are better.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 10/19/06 06:09 PM.
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard