Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
In the last couple years CESA and Bridge FA has become the two leading clubs in South Carolina when coming to challenge level soccer. There is no disputing that fact.

I will still stand by my point that if a player is talented, and has the physical attributes to compete, they should play.

world cup
world cup
soccerislife,

I have said many times on this board that CESA does a great job. Chico has pointed out consistently that Bridge FA is also on the right path. CESA is the paradigm, no question about it.

I do take exception to you promoting your daughter's team to the point where you are demeaning all other clubs. It comes off as "how dare they make us play with the minions in the U-13 league, they can't even give us a game!"

While this may be true, it doesn't need to be overtly stated. We are talking about 12-year old girls. There are people on these boards who have daughters playing major D1 college soccer, high school all-americans, and regional ODP players.....yet they manage a little humility as to not appear to put others down. I ask that you try to do the same.

Maybe your team is better than any team in North Carolina or Georgia.....more power to you. I wish that all the clubs in South Carolina could show well against the southeast region.

We'll see......good luck.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I'm not trying to promote any team or club, nor trying to demean other clubs. Sorry if I came across that way. Sometimes facts are hard to face.

If you look at the U-13 classic league there are teams that have scored 77, 39, 32 goals etc. It would not be right for this to happen in any league. This could potentially happen in the U-13 challenge league if those two teams play in the U-13 in the spring. The coaches might try to restrict scoring however. I'm just saying that the players from those two teams need to be continued to be challenge. The U-13 league might not provide that opportunity in the spring.
But if they want to play in the region league they must win their age group.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
When spring season rolls around these teams will play in their age bracket finish one and two and play premier.I do not believe the clubs want their 13s playing their 14s for a state championship..They want to win every age group

world cup
world cup
I understand and sympathize with the position you are in. If your coach wants to get some competitive games over the winter, or next spring, PM me. Maybe I could help you set up some competitive friendlies against some teams from Charlotte. For the right price, Manchester Meadows would be happy to host a few games......and it's a real nice place to play.

One of the advantages of South Carolina is that in the fall, you can jump around and play in whatever division you want. I have a U-15 daughter whose team has been "trapped" in NC's second division for the past two years due to injuries and bad luck.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
A
bench
bench
A
Good to see a reaonable person trying to address a legitimate question. Not sure if Chico skipped his medication, but suggesting Lexington, CFC, Aiken or Congaree might just be able to play with the CESA premiere or bridge teams leads to a ridiculous rant about breaking 12 year old girls legs. Man you have problems! All I was saying (and others) was keeping teams that are elite in their age group challenges every other team (which are not far behind). Are you really concerned about SC soccer or just two teams? As an argument this was being sold early in the season that no one could beat the CESA U14 girls...Yea they are just that much better...I dont think so, and now we know so. Cesa and Bridge may dominate at the U 13 level, but suggesting they won't is not holding them back.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Yeah....besides CSC, South Charlotte and N Meck all have excellent '93 girls teams. I have no doubt it could be arranged.

Hurst, can NC teams cross over to Manchester without paperwork for friendlies? If they are US Club soccer teams?

Would be fun to bring the '93 boys up for a pre-season weekend in Jan. We could do a CESA, CSC, SCSA, N Meck
four-way mini tourney.....girls side and boys side.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Rather than try to get the SCYSA to allow teams to play up but declare normal age before the state cup, why not simply request to play both U13 and U14, qualifying results being the U13 games, then play at age during the state cup. Might be an easier sell. The U13 age group remains in tact, and those teams seeking higher level play would therefore get the increased competition in the state. Might want to add that you'd be willing to pay 2 entry fees.

Sometimes it's better to look at the good of the whole rather than your own affiliation. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". Often times when you look for a win-win solution, you're able to produce one that works.

Futbol, I believe the logic behind the SCISA allowing younger players to play Varsity has more to do with numbers than anything else. Many of these schools have entire high schools with less than most HS senior classes. I graduated from a 2A school with about 210 seniors. Most SCISA highschools have less than that. The SCISA rule further puts a stipulation on physical maturity, with that decision resting at the school level. I've seen some of these SCISA middle schoolers play, and physically, they were able to play in the group. Is it fair? Maybe not, but that's an entirely different discussion. Does it help the players? I would say it does, as many have noted, training and playing with better players, produces better players.

Daddy, the answer is yes if they are US Club Soccer. US Youth Soccer doesn't prevent it, only requires paperwork.

S
goal
goal
S
How many of you have ever tried setting up friendlies with other clubs outside SC? [censored] near impossible.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Comet...and what is your Kobiyashi Maru solution??? We know Spock's....

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard