Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
It's not often I laugh out loud when reading something from the SCYSA web site [which, again, let me compliment for being infinitely better than the old SCYSA web site.] However, the following passage from the midstate district commissioner actually had me almost rolling on the floor:

[Link to Full Article]

Quote:

Welcome to Columbia United FC (CUFC), a merging of two powerhouse clubs in the Mid-State - North East Columbia Soccer Association (NECSA) and Columbia Soccer Club (CSC). It will take some time to get used to the new club name and stop using the old club names, but we certainly wish CUFC and President Ron Tryon lots of good fortune in the future.

Also, welcome to CESA-Columbia, a new club in the Mid-State.

Reminds me of the old joke about an older woman greeting two younger women who have just had babies...

Alice, your new baby is the most beautiful child I've ever seen. Look at those eyelashes! She's going to be such a heartbreaker when she grows up; you better lock all the doors to your house. Just look at those blue eyes and blond hair. She just looks like an angel. You must be so proud.

Uhhhhh...Betty...that's quite a baby carriage you have there.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The red headed step child again...

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Chico...you had me rolling on the floor...powerhouse no less...

coach
coach
This comes from 'our' state soccer association who should be an impartial, non-political, unbiased representative of 'all' the state organizations in this state? This may seem minor to some, but it is a poor reflection on this state organization (I guess they even care?) and a slap, 'pow', at a new club in the state.

G
kick off
kick off
G
It is probably a reflection on the fact that most within the soccer communities understand that CESA-Columbia is not really a NEW club just an extension of one already exsisting.

Last edited by gamecock44; 09/06/06 03:48 PM.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I don't know if I would have gone so far as to describe NECSA and CSC as 'powerhouses.' Seems to be like they're stretching it a bit.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
gamecock44: Okay...stop it...really...my sides are hurting from laughing so hard.

The midstate district commissioner of the SCYSA, the same person that was on the special commission that decided CESA couldn't have teams in Columbia is "reflecting" that CESA-Columbia isn't a new club when she was an integral part of the SCYSA commission that ruled that it had to be or couldn't exist?

That same SCYSA which had to agree to the creation of a new club called CESA-Columbia which had to have separate bylaws, rules and regulations, and all the other trappings of any other SCYSA club?

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
2004striker: You can either laugh or cry... I figure I've "cried" enough on this message board stating my fundamental problems with a decision [i.e., the 50% of a team from the district the club is headquartered in] that weakens all of South Carolina soccer when it starts out weak already -- so I'm choosing to see the humor in all of this.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[scotland] I don't know if I would have gone so far as to describe NECSA and CSC as 'powerhouses.' Seems to be like they're stretching it a bit.<<

Since the midstate district commissioner limited herself to the midstate, I understand the reference. However, the Lexington club she used to be on the board of [LCSC] was actually very competitive with NECSA in terms of the last 5 years and challenge and classic success. Somewhere on this message board is the actual data showing all of that.

I think she may have confused the term "powerhouse" and "mid-state clubs with the largest number of SCYSA registered members." The Lexington club LCSC, because it doesn't have a recreation component [the two Lexington recreation clubs are not affiliated with the SCYSA], is definitely not a contender for number of registered players.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Chico- My comment was one based on practical reality not the leagalize of the SCYSA By-Laws. I am sure that you really do not think that Cesa-Columbia is being formed to eventually compete with CESA for state championships etc. It seems more likely that it will be a feeder club for CESA in the older age groups. Lets remember that the same people are in chage of each club. So while it legally has to be called a new club is it that in practicality?

I have no presonal officialition with any one club in the state however i like to call it as it is. It seems that at the moment CESA ideas of development concentrate on moving out of the Greenville area to capture new talent rather than developing from within. As you seem to have all the stats maybe you could tell me how many challenge and classic players from last season have moved up to the Elite teams for this year.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard