Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
bench
bench
J
Coach P, I appreciate that perspective, putting the facts out is not defending so I hear you, but if the perception is CUFC is getting teams to other SC tournaments. Why do you think the turnout is so poor here in Columbia. And, I have a child who plays for CUFC...

L
kick off
kick off
L
Coach P ... I was not questioning your decision, nor was I questioning the merit of it. However your statement originally implied that Lex's decisions is what provided better results.

If you look at the younger ages 12 and below and you compare head to head LCSC is 9W, 6L, 1T vs CUFC.

In many of these age groups CUFC has the east/west blue/red breakdown which results in up to 4 teams in an age group were Lexington only has 1 to 2 teams. If I have to play a club 4 times I believe statistically Lex would have a better chance of loosing than winning ....Chico???

L
kick off
kick off
L
Jagov... If you look at the tournament teams and you look at RBC. I am willing to bet that the most CUFC Elite teams are not participating, whereas in RBC the CESA Premier teams do.

If I am Atlanta Fire or South Charlotte I would be interested in playing your best, if they are not there then why go?

On the other hand I happen to think that the tournament does a bit better in the younger ages.

world cup
world cup
Just for reference, my daughter's U-13G South Charlotte team is going (went) to the following four tournaments this fall:

South Charlotte Carowinds (their own tournament)
Atlanta Cup
WAGS
Raleigh Shootout

I'm sure RBC would have been a good alternative as well (and a lot more convenient).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P ... I was not questioning your decision, nor was I questioning the merit of it. However your statement originally implied that Lex's decisions is what provided better results.

I do think playing in Classic will generally produce better win-loss-tie results than playing in Challenge.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

In many of these age groups CUFC has the east/west blue/red breakdown which results in up to 4 teams in an age group were Lexington only has 1 to 2 teams. If I have to play a club 4 times I believe statistically Lex would have a better chance of loosing than winning ....Chico???

I am not familiar with how the academy teams were formed at Columbia United. But I would think that more teams divided up by East and West would mean the talent is spread out and somewhat diluted. So, no, I don't think more games would mean more wins.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Hurst66: I took a look at the blatant mistake you're saying that I made and I can't find it. Thus I must assume that you're simply making things up to tarnish my already blemished reputation! And I ***promise*** I did not go and change the post!

P.S. But I may have changed the table image on another web server to correct my stupidity!

world cup
world cup
I can't believe you can do that without leaving an "Edited by Chico" paper trail.

Good for you if you can! ;>)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[Coach P] Columbia United Challenge teams are all playing in the Mt. Pleasant Tournament and Classic teams played at Aiken. I am not trying to defend decisions that I was not involved in. Just stating the fact that there is participation in in-state tournaments.<<

Was there some type of club-wide conflict that prevented CUFC from playing at RBC? Was it just coincidence? Or was it mandated?

As I noted elsewhere, I saw where some CESA teams have been accepted into the CUFC Carolina Cup.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Chico: "Was there some type of club-wide conflict that prevented CUFC from playing at RBC? Was it just coincidence? Or was it mandated?"

I know of no mandate to avoid RBC.

A decision was made at the club-wide level that each level of teams would go to certain tournaments. Challenge teams, for example, were assigned to play in the Charlotte Carowinds Tournament, the Carolina Cup, and the Mt Pleasant tournament. I am not sure why the other teams did not go to RBC, but the team I am most familiar with used their 3 Challenge League bye dates for the 3 required tournaments. We had a league game scheduled the weekend of RBC.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard