kick off
kick off
L
Coach P...let me help you then in the CUFC set -up

Blue means A
Red means B
East means NECSA
West means CSC

So talent dilution is not applicable based on the old standards of CSC/NECSA. Therefore the NECSA A team would have been their best team , etc...

hat-trick
hat-trick
I think I understand what you are saying. But then I would think your comparison would be with East (NECSA) or West (CSC), not Columbia United as a whole.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/27/06 02:20 PM.
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Quote:

Chico: "Was there some type of club-wide conflict that prevented CUFC from playing at RBC? Was it just coincidence? Or was it mandated?"

Coach P: I know of no mandate to avoid RBC.

A decision was made at the club-wide level that each level of teams would go to certain tournaments. Challenge teams, for example, were assigned to play in the Charlotte Carowinds Tournament, the Carolina Cup, and the Mt Pleasant tournament. I am not sure why the other teams did not go to RBC, but the team I am most familiar with used their 3 Challenge League bye dates for the 3 required tournaments. We had a league game scheduled the weekend of RBC.

Actually, you just answered the question. At a club-wide level the tournaments were chosen and there was a decision not to participate in the [by far] most competitive tournment in South Carolina [source: GotSoccer.com]. Understood...fascinating stuff...

P.S. Thanks for participating in this thread. As I noted earlier, it's hard to tell sometimes what is going on. Honestly, CUFC should pay you for being an ombudsmen between them and the rest of the world. Great job!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

P.S. Thanks for participating in this thread. As I noted earlier, it's hard to tell sometimes what is going on. Honestly, CUFC should pay you for being an ombudsmen between them and the rest of the world. Great job!

I'm just a coach with responsibility for one team. Club level strategy is not my area. I'm just relaying what I know from my observation and club communications. I do not pretend to know everything that went into the decision making. So take my posts for what they are; observations based on limited knowledge.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/27/06 03:04 PM.
L
kick off
kick off
L
Coach P... I too thank you for your input.

if my numbers are right (please feel free to correct)

CUFC fielded 12 Elite, 11 Challenge and 3 classic teams (note I included the 4 R3P teams)

Lex fielded 8 (Elite/challenge equivalent) and 7 classic teams

U13 and up challenge league only, Lexington has won 45% of its games...with 8 teams. CUFC has won 30% of its games with 19 teams (23-4 R3PL teams...who have a combined record 3W 7L in R3P... and note that we would also like to have this opportunity which these fine CUFC teams achieved).

In the charts the record shown are only for challenge league play. Therefore if CUFC choose to play at the highest league why have 3 classic teams? why not do what bridge does and have just 2 teams in the challenge level...? Why not farm out the classic teams to Lex or CRSA?

Last edited by Lexcoach; 09/27/06 03:18 PM.
S
kick off
kick off
S

I'm just a coach with responsibility for one team. Club level strategy is not my area. I'm just relaying what I know from my obeservation and club communications. I do not pretend to know everything that went into the decision making. So take my posts for what they are; observations based on limited knowledge.

Coach P...so based on your own admission of limited knowledge of CUFC MAYBE you shouldn't be posting on topics about CUFC???? or everytime Chico presents some kind of stats that show CUFC is not doing so great you chime in to "defend" CUFC as if Chico or anybody else for that matter appears to be displaying CUFC in a negative light???lets face it, CUFC is an average club AT BEST. And until they clean house at State Cup (or even make an impact worth mentioning like Bridge FA did in it's first year) you shouldn't bother spending your time defending CUFC on the message board.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...if my numbers are right (please feel free to correct)
CUFC fielded 12 Elite, 11 Challenge and 3 classic teams (note I included the 4 R3P teams)

Lex fielded 8 (Elite/challenge equivalent) and 7 classic teams

Columbia United has 27 select teams U13 and above: 4 playing R3PL, 18 playing Challenge, and 5 playing Classic.

Doesn't Lexington have 9 teams in Classic?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Steve,

As I said before, I am not trying to defend decisions that I was not involved in and have limited knowledge of what went into making those decisions. I do have knowledge of the club that some other posters on here do not and I am simply trying to point out some facts and maybe fill in some holes.

My point in entering this discussion was just to say that there is more to success and results than win-loss-tie records. Teams that are trying to improve by playing at a higher level of competition should not necessarily be seen as failing or in the wrong classification because they lose. It is not always better to go down to a lower classification just so you can win.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Coach P thanks for pointing the error.
I pressed the wrong number Lex has 8 classic and 8 elite/challenge. I will take your numbers for CUFC as I went quickly through the websites and could have missed some.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I think I was counting a Lower Lexington team by mistake. So my earlier post was incorrect in saying 47% of Lexington's teams were playing Challenge. It should have said 50%.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard