Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
bench
bench
J
Coach, I have only seen them in recent months. I know they have scrimmaged CUFC teams in the past and have heard they held their own. They also played Bridge twice last year and are not at the level of a CESA premiere or Bridge team, but they did not embarass themselves either. I suspect they will compete this weekend , but believe they will probably lose to both of the U14 teams. The issue I have is that I think if you play up in the fall, you should have to play up in the Spring.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach, I have only seen them in recent months. I know they have scrimmaged CUFC teams in the past and have heard they held their own.

I coach U14 girls at Columbia United and I am unaware of any scrimmages with CRSA. The CRSA coach and I have discussed it several times but haven't worked it out yet.

Quote:

The issue I have is that I think if you play up in the fall, you should have to play up in the Spring.

I don't see this happening. Fall has always been seen as a warmup for U13-U14. Spring is their main season. A couple of months ago I re-suggested to SCYSA the old proposal that the U13-14 Cup Season be moved to the Fall. As with my other suggestions, I have not received a response.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Coach P.......

OCTOBER 1st - be there. It is local and they cannot hide

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=71960&an=0&page=1#Post71960

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P.......

OCTOBER 1st - be there. It is local and they cannot hide

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=71960&an=0&page=1#Post71960

Yes, Steve Ballentine emailed me about this a couple of months ago. The problem is we have the Carolina Cup tournament Sunday.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/29/06 05:44 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

As with my other suggestions, I have not received a response.

I need to correct this statement in fairness to SCYSA. The one suggestion I made to the President was responded to. The multiple suggestions I made to another SCYSA officer have not been responded to.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/29/06 05:53 PM.
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Coach P ... I was not questioning your decision, nor was I questioning the merit of it. However your statement originally implied that Lex's decisions is what provided better results.

If you look at the younger ages 12 and below and you compare head to head LCSC is 9W, 6L, 1T vs CUFC.

In many of these age groups CUFC has the east/west blue/red breakdown which results in up to 4 teams in an age group were Lexington only has 1 to 2 teams. If I have to play a club 4 times I believe statistically Lex would have a better chance of loosing than winning ....Chico???

Statiscally? yes. but thats before you take into account things like... skill and talent maybe?

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

So coach P... if Chico had posted a stat chart that compared Tega Cay and Discoveries, instead of CUFC & LEX, showing two local clubs and one doing better than another, would you still have posted on this topic regardless of the clubs compared?

Still looks like your defending to me. I'd be careful if I was you. Last guy on here that tried to defend CUFC was "Chapindad" and he took such a beating on the scsoccer that he had to pack up and move out and start his own message board where he is the number 1 poster of topics and replies to HIMSELF!

That makes absolutely no sense. Let the mature people have a grown up conversation. Go back to the JV discussion thread.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard