Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
I suggested that they do away with the designations "Challenge" and "Classic". These terms are too confusing since they are used differently in NC and GA. What's wrong with Division 1, D2, D3, etc.

A quick look at the league web site shows that, even without the 2 R3PL teams, every age group of boys and girls has at least 14 teams with the exception of U16 girls which have only 11. When there are 12 or more, why not just split them down the middle; half in D1 and half in D2, up to 11 teams in each division? When there is an odd number, that's when the League director can earn his big bucks and make a tough decision as to whether the odd team goes up or down. When there are more than 22 teams, split them into 3 divisions with 7 or more teams each. In the rare case where there are less than 12 teams, put them all in one division. That may lead to some lopsided games, but how often would this occur? This rare circumstance would not be any worse than what we have now across the board.

This should not be that hard to do.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/29/06 01:37 AM.
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I think that a system of promotion and relegation should be considered, but there are some scenarios that really need to be evaluated up front.

For the big clubs, the system of having a team in each division seems to work. If CESA Classic wins their division, does that mean they are forced to have two Challenge teams next year? Or should they still be allowed to have a Classic team the following year? I imagine that the rosters on the big club teams change quite a bit after every season's try-outs, so should a team with a significantly different roster be forced to play based on their predecessors' record? Similarly, a change of one or two players could really make the difference between Classic and Challenge for a smaller club team.

A lot of us complain about the SCYSA making decisions that affect our choices. Do we really want them forcing teams to play in divisions against the better judgement of their coaches, club administrators and parents?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Lurker,
You make a good point. I would suggest that SCYSA research to find out how the other states handle situation like you mentioned. Maybe they could use the 60% rule.

But I really think something needs to be done to avoid situations like we have in the U13 Classic Division this season.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/29/06 03:16 AM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
One reason I believe for the lop sided scores between these classic teams is that what I have noticed over the last couple of years is that if parents are willing to pay for classic soccer then their children are put in a league that they are not prepared for...What I am saying is we do not cut kids from claasic teams unless there is not enough kids to field a team so this makes the true classic teams look even stronger..To some degree I believe the classic program has become watered down

world cup
world cup
lurker,

If CESA Classic finishes first or second in the Classic Division, then yes, the team gets promoted to Challenge the following season. This means CESA could have two teams in the Challenge division.

Probably a good idea for CESA to drop Premier/Challenge/Classic and go to Red/White/Black....this would eliminate any confusion over who the stronger team is when both are in the same division.

I also agree with Coach P about changing the names of the divisions since they are just the opposite in our neighboring states. Maybe we should go with Classic Division 1 and Classic Division 2.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
bench
bench
J
That is definately a problem in the U13 girls classic division. It is also a problem in the U13 challenge girls division. That division would be much stronger if the CESA U13 premiere and Bridge U13 team played in their own age group. I am sure they will be doing that in the Spring when a state cup is involved...

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

That is definately a problem in the U13 girls classic division. It is also a problem in the U13 challenge girls division. That division would be much stronger if the CESA U13 premiere and Bridge U13 team played in their own age group. I am sure they will be doing that in the Spring when a state cup is involved...

CESA 93 Premier played up last year even in the State Cup. But I agree that they and Bridge 93 should probably play U13 this Spring in an effort to qualify for the U14 Premier League in 2008.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Maybe we should go with Classic Division 1 and Classic Division 2.

Why not just:
SCYSA Select Leagues:
Division 1
Division 2
etc, for each gender?

J
bench
bench
J
Coach, the point I was making was that at I believe if Lexington and Congaree knew that Bridge and Cesa were playing up and only five teams would be in the division, they would have played up too. The Congaree team has scrimmaged and can play with several of the U14 challenge girls teams. I also believe that Lexington is just as good and can hold their own. So, next year, if it goes like this season, there would be three treams left to play challenge. Does that make sense?

hat-trick
hat-trick
jagov:

Yes, I understand, but I think CESA and Bridge will play U13 in the Spring in order to play in the U13 Challenge Cup and qualify for R3PL.

Which U14 Challenge teams has CRSA U13 Gold scrimmaged? They will be in the U14 Division at the Carolina Cup this weekend and are playing LCSC Burn U14 and S.Charlotte U14 Gold on Saturday. I am very interested in seeing how they do.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard