Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#73213 10/12/06 07:44 PM
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
How is the seeding for state cup going to be calculated when teams do not play the same number of games???

i.e. CASC only has 7 in the boys bracket whereas Bridge Red has 10.

Potentially this means that an undefeated team will be seeded lower than a team they beat....??????/

C
throw in
throw in
C
It would appear the SCYSA has a couple of options to satisfy your particular situation.

Only qualifying matches count, and for some reason Bridge has 2 games scheduled with Tega Cay, CUSC Challenge and CUSC Elite. It could be a scheduling error, or the SCYSA has already determined which ones will be the qualifying matches, or they will have to determine the qualifying matches. The easiest thing for them to do would be to pick say the first match as the qualifying and the duplicates are in essence friendlies.

Regardless of the above, seeding is based upon winning percentage. So an undefeated untied team will have a percentage of 100%, so the potential does not exist for an undefeated team to be seeded lower than one they have beaten.

G
throw in
throw in
G
i think this was determined at the scheduling meeting that in these cases, the first game counted. cannot imagine they would determine qualifying matches after the fact.

goal kick
goal kick
Comet,

who is CUSC Elite and Challenge??? I do not see that team listed on the Bridge schedule!

Hey, it's not rocket surgery!
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
You need to look again. I believe Comet meant CUFC

Last edited by soccersmylife; 10/13/06 02:29 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
thanks for making my point!!! Columbia United FC is called Columbia United not CUFC. At least that is what I have been told by their members.

Hey, it's not rocket surgery!
S
coach
coach
S
>>[Flying Soccer] thanks for making my point!!! Columbia United FC is called Columbia United not CUFC. At least that is what I have been told by their members.<<

From www.ColumbiaUnitedfc.com: CUFC Sponsors, CUFC Alliances. The acronym is used on their web page, for goodness sake.

In any case, I think it's going to be like spitting in the wind to tell people that they can't refer to a soccer club by an acronym.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Wow, attitude being everything and all, slip of the fingers with the new club name. Clearly it could have been understood, but oh well.

I guess in the Columbia United method of branding club names we could have names such as Bridge, Columbia United, Charleston United, Discoveries, Tega Cay, Lexington County, Aiken, Sumter, Coast, and oh yeah, Carolina Elite.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I was on your side Comet.

The F key is located two keys over from the S. I meant it to be read as a slip of the finger. CUSC ......CUFC.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Since acronyms are used in the soccer world, too bad they didn't come up with a more original one than CUFC. It is awfully close to CUSC and isn't there a CUFC in NC?

Brace
Brace
If a Challenge team doesn't qualify for the State Cup, can they play in the Classic Cup?

C
throw in
throw in
C
No.

On the initial on line league application, the teams acknowledge that if they don't make the challenge cup they can't play in the classic cup.

"By clicking the 'I Agree' button below, I am indicating that I understand and agree to the following information:

8. I understand that at the end of the season if this team does not qualify for the SCYSA Challenge Cup in their age division they WILL NOT be eligible to participate in the PMSL Classic Cup."

Brace
Brace
OH WELL! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard