Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#7334 05/12/02 03:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The voice & I want to know do you need any cheese to go with your wine??

Irmo was too focused on beating Dorman & went into this over confident. I guess that's what you meant by feeling Ridgeview's pain.

Last year Dorman had to play 10 min of stoppage time @ Irmo with the calls going Irmo's way so don't complain about the clock. We don't call it stoppage time, we call it IRMO TIME.

Congrats to Wando we hope they have fun wearing their rings, we do!!! Brandon H is a baller.
we're out.

#7335 05/12/02 03:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To someone that was at the game: How were all the goals scored and when were they scored? And were their any missed PK's of major free kicks during the game???

#7336 05/12/02 03:29 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Here we go again. Hopefully this won't go on as long as it did last year.

An unbiased view of the match.

Irmo contolled most of regulation: out passing, out running, and out shooting. But Wando made up for all that in key saves and a lot of heart. Irmo should have put this match away before the second half but they just couldn't seem to connect. They gave Wando the chance to come back and Wando did. No one was robbed. Nothing was given. The ref made bad calls for both sides but considerable more bad calls that went against Wando, giving Irmo numerous free kicks at key points in the match. And I don't recall Wando scoring off of a PK. I think the goal was awarded b/c the Irmo player kept if from going into the goal with his hand...constituting the Ejection and the goal. And the other dude was right. Irmo had the yet another chance to put this match away with a PK but was blocked by a great goalie. That hippie dude was awesome. And if you want to talk about lucky. What about the shot from 30yrds. out where the Wando goalie slipped as the ball was coming towards the goal. After Wando scored the first goal Irmo began fouling more openly and the ref couldn't ignore it. Both teams played stellar in the numerous over-times but that kids header was awesome. I don't care who you're the goalie for..that shot was amazing. I think Wando wanted it more and they got it because that earned it. Great game by both teams. I will admit I thought Wando was going to be a pushover but they had to be at State for a reason right? Great game both teams..but you gotta love the Underdog.

#7337 05/12/02 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the great insight L-E Dude.
I have nothing but great respect for Irmo and Coach Phil. I hate to hear the 'jacket fans crying and and making excuses. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Warriors played well all year long, as did Irmo. It stinks when either one loses at state after a season like this. Congrats to both teams.
Sounds like another great game in the Wando Irmo rivalry.
Congrats to the Mt. P guys and their coach, Dr. Tom Riley, a class act all the way.

#7338 05/12/02 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here we go again. Last year they railed Dorman, this year Wando. Why can't you just beat it. Being supposed to win, doesn't mean that you win. First the game has to be played. Seems like Wando won. congrats to them

#7339 05/12/02 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo had the game well in hand until about 5 min. left. I think they lost focus about that time and let Wando back in it proving once again how dangerous a two goal lead can be. Thinking the game is in the bag with that much time left was a real killer for the jackets. Loosing Chad for the overtime periods was a real back breaker. Congratulations to Wando for never quiting and getting a great win. Same to Phil and the boys on a great season. Remember this feeling and use it next year!

#7340 05/12/02 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Use it next yr.?Irmo won't be in that position for at least 3 or 4 yrs..

#7341 05/13/02 04:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
irmo will be there next year since they do have the best jv in the state and jv's do move to varsity am I right?? yea thought soo....

#7342 05/12/02 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game yesterday. It was amazing. As heart breaking as it may be to confess, I dont believe the team that I strongly support could've provided such great entertainment. We all sat on the Wando side, perhaps because we were pulling for the underdog, also the team that kicked us out of playoffs. I am very happy that Wando beat Irmo. I believe it is the undefeated/number one team in the nation curse. It happened to RV last year and Irmo now. I don't believe the reffing was horrible this year. Irmo took a lot of intentional dives and the refs gladly gave them the calls. Each team had enough opportunities to take home the title (PK in sudden death). Now, I would like for everyone who complained about RVs whining about refs last year to take a glance at Irmo. The center ref last year was SOOOOO much worse than this year. No comparison at all. Also I want to know what people think about Savitz rushing the ref and continuously pointing his finger in the ref's face during the game. I know in the past state championships coaches have been reprimanded for similar if not less severe actions. Anyone have a comment?

#7343 05/12/02 06:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for all those irmo people complaining about the refs? If irmo was such a better team and should have won, why didnt they score in overtime? who did?? wando, thats all ive got to say, o yea what happened to these so called stoner brothers?????? [Smile]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard