Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#7324 05/11/02 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who on this game, and how did the teams play?

#7325 05/11/02 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo 1-0 at half

#7326 05/11/02 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i left at half time but the score was Irmo-1, Wando-0

#7327 05/11/02 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando won 3-2 in overtime, what an upset! Wando really stepped it up baby!! Wando had nothing to lose and won it all and Irmo was supposed to win but lost it all!!! GO WARRIORS!!

#7328 05/12/02 12:54 AM
I
goal kick
goal kick
I
irmo was ROBBED! I now feel Ridgeviews pain (when the refs take over a game). During the course of the game Irmo dominated. And all through-out the game refs missed calls and made stupid ones. Here is a game recap

The game was 2-0 IRMo till about 7minutes left and wando got a goal. Nothing happened until the game was in stoppage time.

The stoppage time was WAY TOO LONG!!! and during that time one of irmo's players had a hand-ball in the box and got ejected. Wando had a PK and scored.

The game was still tied after 2 halfs of 10 mins. In the 2nd sudden death w/ about a minute to play. Near the side-line Sepp stole the ball from a wando player and SOMEHOW commited a foul. A foul that you wouldnt call in a state championship game. Wando got a free-kick and scored. The refs job is to take care of the players NOT TO CONTROL THE OUTCOME OF A GAME!

#7329 05/12/02 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was that wando won and you cant admit it?? Im sorry that Wando upset the #1 team in the Nation..hahahahaha WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

#7330 05/12/02 02:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ihs12, the refs took over the game is right!!! You couldn't touch an Irmo player without getting a foul! (slight overexaggeration...but just slight--if you saw the game and are unbias you will agree)
Irmo was not robbed...they were outplayed. This match was intense, I'll give you that, but Wando overcame the horrible and calls that were consistantly in favor of Irmo.
Take a breath...look at the game and realize you aren't unbeatable.

#7331 05/12/02 02:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to ihs: and like the call against wando that gave irmo the pk in the sudden death overtime was deserved? just another example of the refs awful job for both teams. he never had the game under control. Wando just outplayed yall. If you're player hadn't of chocked and missed his pk then yall would have won. but o well.

#7332 05/12/02 02:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like i was right it wasnt gonna be a cakewalk for irmo...and yes i did hear from an rv player(lorick to be exact) that injury time was set for approximately a minute and i was about 2:30 or so...looks like that is two consecutive years when two teams that were #1 in the nation have gone in and gotten robbed...i still have all the respect in the world for wando though i knew that their height and speed would play a major role in this game..congrats on the win and at the same time sorry to irmo i know how hard it is from seeing all of my friends who played soccer get off that bus last year i know how it eats all of the seniors alive inside

#7333 05/12/02 03:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by ihs12:
irmo was ROBBED! I now feel Ridgeviews pain (when the refs take over a game). During the course of the game Irmo dominated. And all through-out the game refs missed calls and made stupid ones. Here is a game recap

The game was 2-0 IRMo till about 7minutes left and wando got a goal. Nothing happened until the game was in stoppage time.

The stoppage time was WAY TOO LONG!!! and during that time one of irmo's players had a hand-ball in the box and got ejected. Wando had a PK and scored.

The game was still tied after 2 halfs of 10 mins. In the 2nd sudden death w/ about a minute to play. Near the side-line Sepp stole the ball from a wando player and SOMEHOW commited a foul. A foul that you wouldnt call in a state championship game. Wando got a free-kick and scored. The refs job is to take care of the players NOT TO CONTROL THE OUTCOME OF A GAME!

#7334 05/12/02 03:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The voice & I want to know do you need any cheese to go with your wine??

Irmo was too focused on beating Dorman & went into this over confident. I guess that's what you meant by feeling Ridgeview's pain.

Last year Dorman had to play 10 min of stoppage time @ Irmo with the calls going Irmo's way so don't complain about the clock. We don't call it stoppage time, we call it IRMO TIME.

Congrats to Wando we hope they have fun wearing their rings, we do!!! Brandon H is a baller.
we're out.

#7335 05/12/02 03:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To someone that was at the game: How were all the goals scored and when were they scored? And were their any missed PK's of major free kicks during the game???

#7336 05/12/02 03:29 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Here we go again. Hopefully this won't go on as long as it did last year.

An unbiased view of the match.

Irmo contolled most of regulation: out passing, out running, and out shooting. But Wando made up for all that in key saves and a lot of heart. Irmo should have put this match away before the second half but they just couldn't seem to connect. They gave Wando the chance to come back and Wando did. No one was robbed. Nothing was given. The ref made bad calls for both sides but considerable more bad calls that went against Wando, giving Irmo numerous free kicks at key points in the match. And I don't recall Wando scoring off of a PK. I think the goal was awarded b/c the Irmo player kept if from going into the goal with his hand...constituting the Ejection and the goal. And the other dude was right. Irmo had the yet another chance to put this match away with a PK but was blocked by a great goalie. That hippie dude was awesome. And if you want to talk about lucky. What about the shot from 30yrds. out where the Wando goalie slipped as the ball was coming towards the goal. After Wando scored the first goal Irmo began fouling more openly and the ref couldn't ignore it. Both teams played stellar in the numerous over-times but that kids header was awesome. I don't care who you're the goalie for..that shot was amazing. I think Wando wanted it more and they got it because that earned it. Great game by both teams. I will admit I thought Wando was going to be a pushover but they had to be at State for a reason right? Great game both teams..but you gotta love the Underdog.

#7337 05/12/02 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the great insight L-E Dude.
I have nothing but great respect for Irmo and Coach Phil. I hate to hear the 'jacket fans crying and and making excuses. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Warriors played well all year long, as did Irmo. It stinks when either one loses at state after a season like this. Congrats to both teams.
Sounds like another great game in the Wando Irmo rivalry.
Congrats to the Mt. P guys and their coach, Dr. Tom Riley, a class act all the way.

#7338 05/12/02 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here we go again. Last year they railed Dorman, this year Wando. Why can't you just beat it. Being supposed to win, doesn't mean that you win. First the game has to be played. Seems like Wando won. congrats to them

#7339 05/12/02 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo had the game well in hand until about 5 min. left. I think they lost focus about that time and let Wando back in it proving once again how dangerous a two goal lead can be. Thinking the game is in the bag with that much time left was a real killer for the jackets. Loosing Chad for the overtime periods was a real back breaker. Congratulations to Wando for never quiting and getting a great win. Same to Phil and the boys on a great season. Remember this feeling and use it next year!

#7340 05/12/02 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Use it next yr.?Irmo won't be in that position for at least 3 or 4 yrs..

#7341 05/13/02 04:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
irmo will be there next year since they do have the best jv in the state and jv's do move to varsity am I right?? yea thought soo....

#7342 05/12/02 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game yesterday. It was amazing. As heart breaking as it may be to confess, I dont believe the team that I strongly support could've provided such great entertainment. We all sat on the Wando side, perhaps because we were pulling for the underdog, also the team that kicked us out of playoffs. I am very happy that Wando beat Irmo. I believe it is the undefeated/number one team in the nation curse. It happened to RV last year and Irmo now. I don't believe the reffing was horrible this year. Irmo took a lot of intentional dives and the refs gladly gave them the calls. Each team had enough opportunities to take home the title (PK in sudden death). Now, I would like for everyone who complained about RVs whining about refs last year to take a glance at Irmo. The center ref last year was SOOOOO much worse than this year. No comparison at all. Also I want to know what people think about Savitz rushing the ref and continuously pointing his finger in the ref's face during the game. I know in the past state championships coaches have been reprimanded for similar if not less severe actions. Anyone have a comment?

#7343 05/12/02 06:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for all those irmo people complaining about the refs? If irmo was such a better team and should have won, why didnt they score in overtime? who did?? wando, thats all ive got to say, o yea what happened to these so called stoner brothers?????? [Smile]

#7344 05/12/02 06:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the stoner brothers playe awesome!!! sepp scored a goal.. and saul didn't let anything by him....so thats the stoners

#7345 05/12/02 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol so when spring valley questions a few of the calls during the game its called whining by irmo fans but when irmo loses and questions the calls what is it? lol thats beautiful

#7346 05/12/02 11:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen, all yall can bash irmo all yall want!! Irmo got there and if you didnt even get there dont say ANYTHING!! Irmo has a great team every year and this year they didnt brag about it they didnt say anything on this site!! None of them had big heads and thought they were the best they just played the game and I think that its really really immature for yall to get on the board and bash Irmo who were mature this year! If yall havent noticed not 1 irmo player was on this board all year.. maybe there fans but they cant control that I myself am a JV player and a Varsity fan i personally know all the Varsity players and none of them bashed any team aand all showed class this whole year as well as accomplishing more than most other teams can say. congrats Wando you guys were awesome and maybe the best team didnt win but wando wanted it.. but if you are not an irmo fan FINE but if you dont know the whole news then dont say anything the reason all yall are bashing irmo is because there not here to defend thereselves they will let there records and state championships talk for them! So give Irmo some credit before you bash them thanx!

#7347 05/13/02 01:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo got their credit, they go it in the polls, in the papers, on this site even they got the credit, now that they couldnt step it up you expect people to talk about how hard irmo played?
and you cant make the excuse they didnt play hard because its the championship, no one goes out in the championship game and 1/2 asses it. irmo deserves no credit right now, the got to the dance and david slayed goliath. if you cant step it up in a big game and your #1 in the nation then shut up! dont try to take anything away from wando right now, irmo has a class act coach and is a class act team but they didnt step it up, so when it came time to put their money where their mouth was they couldnt do it. so enjoy those second place trophies!

#7348 05/13/02 01:35 AM
goal kick
goal kick
first and foremost, congrats to Wando. they played hard and picked up the intensity when it was needed. As for complaining about the referee, he did not put the ball into the back of the net. however, he did a poor job of game control. his calls were terriblely inconsistant. his ARs did not help him too much either. they should have done a better job of keeping the trash after the ball was gone out of the game. the only complaint i have with the center referee is that he should keep better control of the time. why did he play an extra 4+ minutes at the end of the second half? why did he signal 1 minute left and play almost 3? no whinning just questions that he needs to answer to himself everytime he looks in the mirror and thinks about the night he did the 4-A championship. i have told my u12 team that referees do not win or lose games, but it was a tough sell to two of my players after the game was over!!!! Again congrats to Wando but also to Irmo. Irmo had a great season with a very talented team and a GREAT coach.

#7349 05/13/02 02:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To #'s 5, 7, 10, & 17 on Irmo... way to show class during the presentation of Wando's medals. Despite the rest of your team's antics, you four showed what good sportmanship is. Irmo showed that the team with the best skills can lose due to bad luck! Congrats to both teams on great seasons.

#7350 05/13/02 04:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact of the matter is that if there were no questionable calls by the refs then none of this would be an issue. So Wando scored more goals than Irmo and they won--no one is disputing that. Last year no Ridge View coaches or players disputed that Dorman legitimatly scored on them. This year and last, there was a problem with the officiating. Why can't the ref explain to Savitz what the deal was with the time. Why didn't the ref tell Darlington about the calls last year? That's the problem. The refs didn't lose the game for Irmo or RV--and neither one has said that they did. But, why should anybody show up to play if they're not going to be in a game that's officiated fairly and professionally? Irmo's not whining about losing, they're mad about the officiating be so unclear and unbelievable--just like it was last year. The ref should have a clear explanation for a call every time and coaches deserve to know what the call is.

#7351 05/13/02 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A rule change for next year is that the officials will signal what the foul is when called (like basketball). That is, if there is time. Sometimes, there is not time, such as when the offended team wants a quick restart.

#7352 05/13/02 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by John_Martin:
What was that wando won and you cant admit it?? Im sorry that Wando upset the #1 team in the Nation..hahahahaha WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

So, John Martin, in your complaint about Irmo's attitude....your "quote" here shows so much maturity (yeh, right)..."ha,ha, ha, ha,ha"...????? who's got the attitude proble? Grow up!

#7353 05/13/02 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To JOHN MARTIN.......I sincerely hope that you are just a Wando fan and not a Wando varsity player....I just reread all of your rude and immature comments. I respected Wando's team, but if you tell me that you are a player, I am sorry for your " class act" team that you so poorly and raunchily represent them and bring them down in the reader's eyes.....hopefully you are not (so shut up since you have no clue what you're talking about), but if you are, how arrogant and classless you are....by the way, immature brat, JV doesn't count and if you aren't a starter/major player it doesn't count...so what number were you???

#7354 05/13/02 03:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am whatever you say i am if i wasnt then why would i say iam? the radios the papers they wont even play my jams, because i am whatever you say i am!!!

Ok First and Foremost; Yes I am a fan not taking anything for the triumphing Warriors who won the championship. I am 22 and I love Wando. I was at the game and saw every minute of it. For Irmo to be ranked 1 in the nation they werent that good at all. I am a soccer coach too and I know good soccer when I see it. Being a national powerlifting champion i know competition! Maturity?? Maturity is being a man and admiting that you lost, we beat the supposedly #1 team in the nation? Ability can bring you to the top but it takes character to keep you there so irmo obviously had class but obviously didnt have the character to win it all.... When it came down to being a man Wando obviously.....stepped it up! I dont care how immature you may call me...the fact is that the team i support hoisted the #1 trophy just like i did in 1994!!!

Irmo yall are all women you lost just shut up about noone likes yall.....Ok we won yall lost if anything the referre was on yalls side b/c every time we touched yalls pussy ass we would get called for a foul.

wando Rules yall suck that is the end of it....Chaddam is the man and the cousins rule so yall can cry and cry but the fact is wando rules irmo sucks....

yall are fags who talk trash die your hair then lose so until next year

Wando rules Irmo Blows

#7355 05/13/02 03:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an unbiased soccer fan I attended this game to hopefully see a great match. It was! In regard to the officiating, each team had calls good and bad during the match. The issue was the time. There were almost five minutes added to the second half. No reason for this. There were three minutes added to OT. No reason for this. Sorry folks, but the center ref was a factor.

Also note, for no reason we sat on the Irmo side. I was very impressed with the way the staff and players conducted themselves. No cockiness, no BS. They just acted professional, which is great for a HS team. I may have had the same impression had I sat on the other side, but I'll never know. Anyways, there is no need to bash Irmo, and congrats are due for Wando. But the center ref SUCKED and needs a new watch. I'll give him mine if necessary!!!!!

#7356 05/13/02 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
john_martin. If you were really a coach then you should know great talent when you see it. You can not tell me that irmo sucked. They were up on wando 2-0. There goals weren't bs but wando's were. The pk, i wouldn't count that as a goal that you earned. The reffere adding on four extra minutes was stupidness on his part. The ref held up one minute when coach savitz asked him how much time was left and 2 minutes later he blew the wistle. The pk and the red card should have never happened. Now you can't just blame the ref's on this it could have ended sooner when irmo go the pk but the keeper was lucky when he got his hand on the ball. As for the fouls going in irmos favor, I counted them and wando got 39 fouls called for them and irmo only got 18. Now tell me that irmo was getting the calls in their favor know. You are an idiot and an asshole.
Coach Savitz congradulations on a good year. And i hope to see you in the finals next year.

Spring Valley #7

#7357 05/13/02 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To John Martin....like I said, if you are JUST A FAN, the Wando team is probably embarrassed that you degrade them in your representation....using words like "p---y", etc?????in your replies...mmm-hmmm, yeh that's mature and full of class. WANDO PLAYERS, I still respect you guys and your playing ability, but get this John Martin to stop bringing you down....he's damging to your good impression you left us Irmo folks with! As a fan YOU didn't win, the players did! You are pathetically full of anger and trying to prove what a tough "man" you are...hmmmm, let me see...resentment that YOU never actually played in the state championship??????

#7358 05/13/02 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i didnt get to go to the game so i don't really know what happened but is it true that a guy from irmo got scared and shanked his pk in overtime to win it? and also isnt stoppage time supposed to be added on the end of the game? just wondering

#7359 05/13/02 09:47 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I don't think he was scared. And he didn't shank it. The shot was actually an excellent shot...just inside of the left post...Chattum (wando's keeper) just made a great save. You've got a 50/50 chance and he guessed right. So...the shot was a great one but the save was better.

#7360 05/13/02 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about the stoppage time weren't there some injuries?

#7361 05/13/02 11:10 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
there were two goals in the second half resulting in just over 1 minute of stopage time. There was one injury that lasted about 45 seconds on the Mullins kid...so that comes up to about 1:45 seconds...so lets round up and say 2 minutes. Not anywhere near the 4:53 seconds of stoppage time that the ref did.

#7362 05/14/02 01:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L-E dude-youve got a 50/50 chance of saving a penalty?...right

#7363 05/14/02 01:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is it called whining when spring valley questions calls but Irmo is allowed to question without being criticized?

#7364 05/14/02 01:40 AM
S
Goal
Goal
S
I find this whole time issue interesting. Everyone seems to agree the ref held up one finger. However, does anyone really believe his watch was exactly at the minute mark? Don't you think there was some portion of a minute? Maybe 0:50, 1:10, or 1:20, or 1:50? When refs shout out time remaining, have you ever heard a ref shout out minutes AND seconds. No, they just round it off to a whole number. Just something to think about.

And another thing, people have howled that more time than one minute was played. Now, based on the posts on this thread, I've read 2 minutes, the coach of Irmo has weighed in at 2:30 and someone just said 4:53 was played. It seems that more than one witness in this scenario has a problem reading a watch face. If this were put before a jury, any 2 bit lawyer could get the whole thing thrown out.

#7365 05/14/02 03:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think that the PK shot was that great. It was not just inside the left post. The goalie almost over jumped it. It hit him in the chest when he lunged.

#7366 05/14/02 03:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st off.........i dont care 1 way or the other who won this game because neither of them were my squad.......2nd.....there is no reason 2 hate on my boys the Stoners just because they r studs but their team couldnt hold on........3rd....homeboy from Easily has no place 2 talk crap about my boys from irmo cuz hes from Easily.....if u got a problem im sure the Stoners would take it up with u with a little backing from the boys down in A-town......im out

#7367 05/14/02 05:01 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Hey soccer watcher....Phil (coach Savitz) got 2:14 after the ref said there was 1 min left. He stopped his watch and restarted it when the ref said 1 min. As for 4:53, that was the complete stoppage time that the ref did....per the video of the game. That means the exact run time of the entire 2nd half was 44:53. There is no arguing with the video, it shows exactly how long the 2nd half really was...and I believe the SCHSL is being presented with a copy of the tape to show that the game ran way too long. As for the outcome, that is up to the people in charge...and we know what their history is...But it is a little strage that the game ran for almost 5 min into stoppage time when there was only 2 goals scored and one slight injury that lasted less than a minute. Maybe the ref had a reason that he gave more stoppage time. I don't know, I am not in his head....it just seemed that there was too much time tacked on in the end...but the center ref does control the time. The AR's back him up.

#7368 05/14/02 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stoppage Time? In HS soccer? The National Federation rule book does NOT allow for stoppage time. It says that the clock is to be stopped on all goals, injuries, and cautions or disqualifications. It is restarted on the whistle putting the ball back into play. There is no "stoppage time" in HS soccer. I have seen referees ignore or misinterpret this rule to the point where they can add time or call a game short when they want to without question. Or has the rule been changed this year?

#7369 05/14/02 08:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rule has not been changed. It is as you state. In SC, the head referee keeps the time on the field. I think the league should consider having an official timer with the clock visible to all, as in other sports that are timed.

#7370 05/14/02 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol SCHSL is being presented with a copy? Can't irmo just take the loss and prepare for next year? stop whining and do something about it next year

#7371 05/14/02 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, just because I am an Irmo Fan, does not mean I'm trying to take anything away from Wando. Wando stepped up and took advantage of the chances that they had and they did a great job of doing so. But for those who are complaining about Irmo being upset, that is dumb. If it had been Wando in Irmo's shoes, I'm sure that their coach would have done the same as Savitz. Nobody's trying to change the outcome of the game, Irmo just wants the credit they deserve.

#7372 05/15/02 01:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea I think you are exactly right! Irmo's players worked there butt's off all season and trained really really hard and to get cheated by some ref is not right.. Those seniors led this team the whole way and its not right for them who put in soo much work and effort for 1 person to ruin it. And if the same happen to any other coach in the U.S im almost positive that he would have it looked over! Bummy get a grip and stop hating on Irmo! U guys never got there so u have no right to say a word!

#7373 05/15/02 01:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, of all...Wando won, and nothing's gonna change that. Irmo had a chance to put it away and came up short. Wando didn't give up, took advantage of every opportunity, and they took home the trophy.

Now, for those who think the ref made no bad calls...You either a)weren't at the game or b)are as clueless as this ref was. I said five minutes into the game that I thought there would be a fight because this guy had no control of the teams. I literally saw players from both sides pick opponents up and throw them on the ground with no call. But on the next play, the ref was calling a clean tackle. Also, he paid zero attention to his assts., and they got the out-of-bounds calls wrong about a third of the time. The calls were equally bad on both sides, and as far as I'm concerned, the ref was a complete moron.

However, the time issue is a completely different story from the other bad calls. Every person in the stands was screaming at the ref that the extra time had to be up and the guy kept looking at his watch and shrugging his shoulders. I completely believe what Coach Savitz about the ref saying he "didn't have to explain it." Also, Coach Savitz's time of 2:30 is exactly the time that one of the parents seated next to me had on their watch as well. Not exactly "1 minute" or "a little more than a minute" as one poster suggested earlier. Again, if you were there, it was more than obvious. The video tells the story...the game went on too long and should have ended in regulation 2-1.

This was anything but a good way to decide the state AAAA championship. The woman next to me said the ref at the Dreher girls game the night before was lousy too. I don't understand why they can't find competent refs...soccer is not a complicated game.

In any case, congrats to Wando...Irmo will bring it home next year.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard