Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

So placing two teams in the highest league available simply because you have the numbers makes no sense unless the capability to compete exists.

So, by this logic, should SC teams be in the R3PL? So far this season SC teams have only won 30% of their R3PL matches.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Coach P. My daughter and her team are a product of the playing up philosophy. For the last 2 years she has consistently played teams a year older than she is, who are bigger, stonger, and faster. Sure they have had a good many losses, however I believe in the end they will end up at a higher level of development then they would have if they had played teams they could easily have beat. I can remember our first RBC Tournament her team played one game at U-11 where they lost around 20 to 0. My daughter was 8 at the time. Man that was tough. The other team was amazing with ball control and speed. Now however, everything has changed and I believe it is in part due to some of those early beatings.

We are now at it again with our youngest who is 8 years old playing on the U-10 Development teams against U-11 teams.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Coach P
Of course. the question is competition and how you stand up. You were crowned the very best because of how you competed and this is your reward.

On the other issue, you are placed into a division because of someone's thoughts of your capabilities. This individual is trusted to provide the right opinion (i.e consultant), the individual who makes the decisions for a club should know based on the available talent where they fit. You said yourself that you decided with your team after studying all info to play challenge. And you also said that you only speak for your team and not the club.

Fair enough

The fact is (I went through the trouble of getting these out of SCYSA)

U18 - CUFC challenge boys 0W 5L 0T girls 1W 3L 1T
U17 - CUFC challenge boys 2W 6L 0T girls 0W 9L 0T
U16 - CUFC challenge boys 3W 2L 3T girls 1W 7L 0T
U15 - CUFC challenge boys 1W 3L 2T girls 0W 4L 1T

so the combined record for the challenge team at the ages I think your development has the least impact is

8W 39L 7T

the same cannot be said for CESa's and bridge's B teams.

Last edited by Lexcoach; 10/17/06 06:58 PM.
world cup
world cup
futbol,

Let's start by simply flip-flopping classic & challenge.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
Your NCYSA undergarments are showing Hurst.....

A
bench
bench
A
Am I missing something, I don't see Bridge as having any "B" teams at all?????

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
So what do you do when you have 12 "challenge" level players show up for tryouts? Play down at classic? Fill in 2 or 3 "classic" level players to get enough bodies? I think most teams I have seen opt for the second choice and you wind up with unevenness within the team.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

the same cannot be said for CESa's and bridge's B teams.

It would appear to me that Bridge FA is moving toward having only one team per age group. Their web site lists only 2 "Red" teams: U16 boys and U18 boys. So except for those 2, Bridge FA does not have "B" teams.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

So what do you do when you have 12 "challenge" level players show up for tryouts? Play down at classic? Fill in 2 or 3 "classic" level players to get enough bodies? I think most teams I have seen opt for the second choice and you wind up with unevenness within the team.

I think the problem is that, within SC, we only have two levels due to numbers: Challenge & Classic. All of our teams do not fit nicely into two echelons. That is why we have teams that are in between and pound everyone in the Classic division or go winless in the Challenge division. A middle classification would be great for those teams, but so far, we don't have the numbers in SC to support 3 levels at most age groups. In Georgia Athena (girls), for example, there are 10-11 teams in each of 5 divisions per age group. With that many teams and divisions, it is much easier to put teams in competitive divisions where they fit. You don't see as many blow-outs in that structure.

Last edited by Coach P; 10/17/06 07:42 PM.
world cup
world cup
Promote and relegate (darn....I'm showing my underpants again).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard