Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#73464 10/20/06 02:22 PM
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
The Clemson Lady tigers have had a good last 10 days with three ACC wins over Miami, Wake Forest (ranked 9th), and last night Duke in Durham (ranked 23rd). This string of wins puts Clemson toward the middle of the 8 teams (of 11) which will make ACC tournament in two weeks. Goals are being scored by a variety of players and the team has shown increasing maturity in their ability to come from behind to win. Elizabeth Jobe (EJ) a Junior mid fielder who missed almost all of last season with an ACL injury should be singled out for her game changing play. The Lady Tigers have two more regular season games against NC State this Sunday in Clemson and Florida State in Tallahassee next Friday night. The ACC tournament begins Wednesday 11/1 in Cary, NC.

lpaf The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated
S
bench
bench
S
Congratulations to Julie on scoring the winning goal! Go Tigers!

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Well done Julie

world cup
world cup
Congrats lpaf......Lady Tigers are playing great. Go Julie!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
What a great week for the Lady Tigers.

Clemson defeats N.C. State 1-0 in overtime.
Molly Franklin scores the game's lone goal

Oct. 22, 2006

CLEMSON, SC--Molly Franklin scored the game's lone goal with only 25 seconds into the first overtime period in leading Clemson to a 1-0 win over N.C. State in an Atlantic Coast Conference women's soccer match at Clemson, SC Sunday afternoon.

With the win, Clemson improves to 10-6-1 overall and 5-3-1 in the ACC. N.C. State falls to 8-7-2 overall and 3-6 in league play.

Meghan Smith crossed the ball from the left. Fraser Gerth flicked the ball back to Franklin who sent an eight-yard shot to the back of the net with 25 seconds gone in the first overtime period (90:25).

"It's a big relief in getting the result," said Clemson Head Coach Todd Bramble. "There were many reasons we could have used in not playing well, but our team responded and we played a great game. I thought that Katie Vogel, Lindsey Jackson, and Elizabeth Jobe played well today. There were two tired teams out there today at the end, and I'm so happy that we found a way to win. We showed a lot of character and we played hard today."

It was Franklin's fifth goal of the season. Clemson has now won four straight games in a row, all of these victories have come against conference teams.

Clemson will play at Florida State on Friday, October 27 at Tallahassee, FL in the Lady Tigers' last match before the ACC Tournament in Cary N.C. on November 1-5.

Clemson 1, N.C. State 0 OT

Clemson--Molly Franklin (Meghan Smith and Fraser Gerth) 90:25

Shots: Clemson 26, N.C. State 13

Corner Kicks: Clemson 6, N.C. State 1

Saves: Ashley Phillips (CU) 4, Megan Connors (NCS) 8

Fouls: Clemson 14, N.C. State 8

Attendance: 870

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
With one ACC game remaining in the regular season Clemson is currently ranked 3rd in the conference behind UNC and Florida State. The ACC takes the top 8 teams for the tournament which begins on Wednesday, 11/1/06, at the SAS Soccer Complex in Cary, NC.

The Lady Tiger will face #6 ranked Florida State in Tallahassee on Friday night.

ACC conference records:

North Carolina 9 0 0
Florida State 5 2 2
Clemson 5 3 1
Wake Forest 5 3 0
Boston College 4 3 2
Duke 4 3 1
Virginia 4 4 1
NC State 3 6 0
Maryland 1 5 3
Virginia Tech 1 6 3
Miami 1 7 1

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Are Jen Ficklen and Danielle Schmidt getting much playing time?

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
BD --

Jen Ficklen suffered a stress fracture of her foot early on in the season and is begining now to be able to run on it. This has been a frustrating year for Jen but she has maintained a very positive attitude. Danielle Schmidt has been brought on in a substitue role a handful of times but I don't have exact stats on how many.

S
coach
coach
S
I believe that Schmitt got playing time in the Tennesse Tech, Furman, and Francis Marion games.

world cup
world cup
Clemson is one of the only schools that doesn't post their 2006 statistics on their website. Very difficult to track players.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

BD --
This has been a frustrating year for Jen but she has maintained a very positive attitude.

..and she has now been to Todaro's, so that probably helps too.

world cup
world cup
I'm happy to see that you are talking about a pizza shop.

http://www.clemsonwiki.com/wiki/Todaro's

World Cup
World Cup
No women's soccer for Georgia Tech??? Well done Lady Tigers!

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
W&E --

You got it. No Ramblin' Wrecks on the women's soccer pitch. How are things in the Electric City? Any truth to the rumor that you hacked the site?

world cup
world cup
lpaf,

I'll be in Raleigh with my daughter's U-13 team next Friday night, they are playing in the CASL Shootout. I'm planning on attending the two ACC womens soccer semi-finals.

Lady Tigers better be there! Good luck!

corner kick
corner kick
Lady Tigers last scheduled game.

Day: Friday
Date: Oct. 27, 2006
Time: 7:00 PM

Hope they can continue the winning ways into the ACC tournament and on to the NCAA.

corner kick
corner kick

world cup
world cup
fan,

Thanks. How did you find this? I've been looking for this info for a long time. I can't access it through the website. Good job.

corner kick
corner kick
Look under the Women's Soccer page:

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/clem-w-soccer-body.html

On the right under Highlights you will see the Cumulative Stats link.

Maybe the rain tonihgt will help the Lady Tigers earn there 6th conference win in a row.

world cup
world cup
Thanks fan....I never noticed that was over there on the right. Hope the Lady Tigers have better luck than the football team had last night in Blacksburg.

coach
coach

corner kick
corner kick
Great job by the Lady Tigers.

Clemson and Sixth-Ranked Florida State Play to a 0-0 Draw
Lady Tigers stay unbeaten in the last five matches

Oct. 28, 2006

TALLAHASSEE, FL--Clemson and sixth-ranked Florida State play to a 0-0 draw in a women's Atlantic Coast Conference soccer match at Tallahassee, FL Saturday afternoon.

With the draw, Clemson has a 10-6-2 record overall and a 5-3-2 mark in the ACC. Florida State is now 13-2-3 overall and 5-2-3 in league play.

The Lady Tigers' goalkeeper Ashley Phillips made a season-high 10 saves in 110 minutes of play.

Florida State out shot the Lady Tigers 32-9 and had 10 corner kicks to the Lady Tigers' two.

"I thought we showed a lot of character today," said Clemson Head Coach Todd Bramble. "We didn't play the best soccer of the year, but defensively, we played well. Ashley Phillips was the player of the match and Lindsey Jackson continues to contribute off the bench. We continue to grow as a team and gain confidence. Our players believe in themselves and that has made the difference."

Clemson will play at the ACC Tournament on November 1-5 at the SAS Soccer Park in Cary, NC in the Lady Tigers' next action.

Shots: Clemson 9, Florida State 32

Corner Kicks: Clemson 2, Florida State 10

Saves: Ashley Phillips (CU) 10 Ali Mims (FS) 4

Fouls: Clemson 28, Florida State 20

Attendance: 490

corner kick
corner kick
Lady Tigers in the ACC tournament.

CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women's soccer team will start play in the 19th annual Atlantic Coast Conference women's soccer tournament Wednesday afternoon at SAS Soccer Complex in Cary, NC on November 1, 3, & 5.

The Clemson women's team is seeded fifth and will play fourth-seeded Boston College on Wednesday, November 1, at 2:30 p.m. The winner of this match will play the winner of the North Carolina vs. N.C. State match on Friday, November 3 at 5:00 p.m. North Carolina is seeded first and N.C. State is seeded eighth.

Clemson has a 10-6-2 record overall and is 4-0-1 in the last five matches. Boston College defeated Clemson in the regular season 3-0 at Boston on September 24.

Clemson is led in scoring by Molly Franklin with five goals and three assists for 13 points. Meghan Smith has four goals and five assists for 13 points.

2006 ACC Championship Bracket link:

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_c...ip_bracket_2006

World Cup
World Cup
Lapf,

I was not involved with directly with the fall of this site, however I did manage to overthrow incumbent Mayor Richard Shirley for T.L. Hanna booster Terrance Roberts. My next plan is to build a wall seperating East and West...of tha Coopah that is.

I meant to tell you, again, that the offspring is doing well and I'm happy for you and those involved. Who would have thought that the over protective of her room/maker of scary zeroxes on doors would have come so far?

corner kick
corner kick
All ACC team.....

My daughter had a training session with Julie last spring and she worked for 60 minutes with my daughter, then spent another 90 minutes on improving her skills. Her hard work has been rewarded as a second team All-ACC player. Great work Julie!!!!

CLEMSON, SC--Four Clemson women's soccer players were named All-Atlantic Coast Conference as announced by the league's office Tuesday.

Julie Bolt, Midfielder, Elizabeth Jobe, Midfielder, Ashley Phillips, Goalkeeper, were named to the second-team. Katie Vogel, Midfielder, was named to the All-ACC Freshmen team.

Bolt has three goals and five assists for the Lady Tigers this season. Jobe has three goals for the Lady Tigers. Phillips has a 0.94 goals allowed average and has 89 saves this year. Vogel has three goals and three assists for Clemson this season.

The Clemson women's soccer team will start play in the 19th annual Atlantic Coast Conference women's soccer tournament Wednesday afternoon at SAS Soccer Complex in Cary, NC on November 1, 3, & 5.

The Clemson women's team is seeded fifth and will play fourth-seeded Boston College on Wednesday, November 1, at 2:30 p.m. The winner of this match will play the winner of the North Carolina vs. N.C. State match on Friday, November 3 at 5:00 p.m. North Carolina is seeded first and N.C. State is seeded eighth.

Clemson has a 10-6-2 record overall and is 4-0-1 in the last five matches. Boston College defeated Clemson in the regular season 3-0 at Boston on September 24.

Clemson is led in scoring by Molly Franklin with five goals and three assists for 13 points. Meghan Smith has four goals and five assists for 13 points.

world cup
world cup
Julie Bolt got the first one and Megan Smith got the second in the 86th minute. Clemson is getting outshot 14-5 by BC but they lead 2-1.

Hang on Lady Tigers!

world cup
world cup
It'a all over. Good job Clemson.

Friday afternoon: 5 PM - Lady Tigers vs. some light blue team from the state just north of us.

S
coach
coach
S
Congratulations to Clemson -- and congratulations to Julie.

coach
coach
Clemson women outshot at least 14-5 by BC and outshot in Fla. State game 32-9. Also, outshot 20-12 by Wake, 22-9 by Duke, 19-5 by VA. Sounds like bigtime problems in mid-field.

Last edited by 2004striker; 11/02/06 01:06 AM.
World Cup
World Cup
?
What if they play long balls up top to the forwards? Wouldn't you then blame the backs for their service, or the forwards for their inability to control?

world cup
world cup
Here's the story from the Clemson website.

lpaf, I'll be looking for you late Friday afternoon in Cary!

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/110106aab.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard