Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
For those of you who like club comparisons and data analysis you might be interested in the following: http://www.SC-Soccer.com

Congratulations to Bridge, CESA, CASC, FSCG, MPSC, CRSA, CFC, and NACSC for all performing above average to date in the South Carolina Challenge League.

This (SC-Soccer.com) is an incredibly early attempt to get some data out there in a more permanent fashion that can be referred to on this message board. In the next few months when I get the time I'll automate the data collection and some of the display and add a lot more data (and navigation); however, at this time it's just static pictures on a single page that illustrate some of the threads that have been under discussion here for the last few weeks.

There is no message board software on this site; in fact, I link back to SCSoccer.com at least once. I'm not trying to do yet another message board -- I think that SCSoccer.com performs its function very well and I don't think that another message board will help youth soccer in the state in any way. I just got tired of doing data analysis and it disappearing on threads after a while. Thus, I see this as being a (minor) supplement to the SCSoccer.com web site.

If you have ideas and other things you'd like to see, please let me know. New things might not get added quickly; but I'm hoping over time to be able to build up enough data so that administrators, coaches, parents, and players can evaluate the job that their club is doing. Of course, as others have noted, win/loss records and state finalists are certainly not a complete picture of how a club does -- but I think it's a start and I think that over time we can begin adding more information to give a fairly objective overview of how these clubs are doing. Over time, I'd like to add a subjective component as well by having people be able to rate their club with respect to various aspects of the services that the club provides.

One request: if you find it at all valuable, please support it by supporting the advertisers and advertisements -- in particular, I find the Google photo and other software pretty useful. It would be great to actually have some money come in over and above the operating costs of the web site; if so I plan on donating money to efforts to make South Carolina youth soccer better.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
As usual, great work Chico. You have done a lot of work collecting statistics over the years that are buried under many threads on this message board. This is an excellent way to be able to refer to and update the work that you have done. Thanks!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Chico,

This is a great idea and will serve as a handy reference tool. Thanks for the effort and willingness to share this with all of us.

One suggestion: I think a column indicating the number of teams represented in the stats for each club would be good. There's a big difference between a good win-loss-record for one team and the aggregate records of 9 teams.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Coach P, based on my count... sorry I cannot provide a pretty table. I'll send chico the data.

Note: U13 and up and includes younger teams playing up in the challenge league.

Club............# of teams
Bridge............9
CESA..............17
FSCG..............1
CRSA..............2
MPSC..............5
CASC..............2
NACSC.............1
CFC...............4
LCSC..............8
DSC...............3
SAA...............1
CSC...............5
CUSC..............1
CUFC..............18
Tega Cay..........4
Aiken.............3
TrCSC.............1

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
futbol(soccer): Thanks for the data. You're doing all the hard work; I'm just "prettifying" some stuff -- thanks for this and I'll try to have something up in the next day.

Hopefully, once I get through with a time-crunch I'm currently in, we can get the software to automatically parse the various results!

hat-trick
hat-trick
futbol(soccer): Thanks.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
SC-Soccer.com is updated with futbol(soccer)'s 10/22 challenge league results (including the number of teams). Of particular note in the last week: LCSC moved above average and CRSA moved higher.

I don't do the RIIIPL-East results until late in the week because the scores are typically posted later on HotStat.

coach
coach
Some striking stats, but I do not have a clue as to how to provide an analysis. After all the talk for 3 years about a merger in Cola.- a merger of two relatively good clubs, I would have expected more. I am quite surprised to see these respective rankings for all CUFC teams, to date:

Classic Girls-
U15 12th of 12 teams
U16 4 of 5
Challenge Girls
U13 5 of 5
U14 3 of 9
U15 5 of 6
U16 6 of 6
U17 2 of 7 B team 7 of 7
U18 5 of 7
Classic Boys-
U13 14 of 14
U15 10 of 13
U16 6 of 11
Challenge
U13 5 of 7
U14 2 of 10 B Team 9 of 10
U15 6 of 6
U16 4 of 8
U17 1 of 7 B Team 6 of 7
U18 2 of 8 B Team 8 of 8
Premier League
Girls
U18 9 of 10
U16 11 of 12
U15 10 of 10
Boys
U15 7 of 10

Last edited by 2004striker; 10/30/06 04:20 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F

In a weird sort of way it is not...

If I was politically astute, I would keep my mouth shut.
Therefore, since I wrote it I will pmail you instead.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
This reminds me of Iraq. Regardless of whether you think it was a good idea or a bad idea to go to war, the fact is that we are in a war now and so the questions have to center around how do we win. The only other viable option is to give up and quit.

Okay...getting past the fact that there seems to be a disaster here in Columbia beyond the worse expectations of anyone...Columbia now has a "merged super-club" that is performing not only worse than CESA and Bridge did in their first year but is performing worse than LCSC and CRSA. I can't imagine anyone thinks that CUFC should split up; so the question is how does the club radically change its direction such that its results radically change.

What has gone so wrong here? How can it be fixed so that the youth of the Columbia area have better options in the near-term future?

It seems to me that the first step is admitting that there is a problem, and the second step is deciding what the root causes of the problem are. Anyone got any opinions on what's occurring here?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard