Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
goal
goal
S
Hurst66: Sure, no problem, I know a guy, who knows a guy who can hook him up. Spoke to the guy, he said flops and medium t are pre-paid and waiting at the store. 864-6271809. All Big has to do is stop by and pick up the gear

Last edited by sweet feet; 11/01/06 09:57 PM.
goal
goal
(extremely) Random thoughts from Belligerent (in response to Big Daddy’s post above)…

1. ’92 CUFC Elite IS a pretty good team, but personally, I thought they would be better. When I first saw their roster, I figured they would kick everybody’s butts. But, after watching them play ’92 Bridge early on, I changed my opinion slightly. I still thought they would kill teams in that league, but thought they just needed time to “gel.” So far, I don’t think that has happened, and they have had only a mildly successful season.

2. ’92 CESA is a very tough team, but I don’t believe they are unbeatable. If the ’92 Bridge team is having a good day, and the referee is willing to pull out an early yellow card against CESA (only if justified, of course) and keep the match under control, the Bridge boys have a definite chance to win (of course, it will help if certain planets are aligned correctly).

3. Along the same lines, I don’t know if it is an age thing or a SC-NC thing, but U16 NC is way more physical than U9 SC (BD, just messin’ with ya here).

4. ’93 Bridge are definitely better this year than last.

5. Agreed.

Also…

Kickinupstate, the CESA Classic team you speak of may very well be as good as you say, but don’t get too excited. Over the years, I have seen several teams who killed all the other teams in their Classic Division, moved up to Challenge the next season, and then realized it was a completely different ball game. Move on up to Challenge and find out for sure.

Regarding Premier League next season…

I believe CESA Premier will be able to compete well, but Tega Cay should really consider opting out. There is a lot to be said for playing better teams in order to get better, but in this case, they would only get slapped around.

If Tega Cay does the right thing and passes, the next in line would be ’93 Bridge – they plan on playing U13 in the Spring, so that wouldn’t work for them.

Next is Lexington – they are a decent team, but they would not get much out of playing Premier, either.

Mt. Pleasant has had a horrible year (where are you Soccerforfun?) and would get embarassed.

Which leaves the only other team besides CESA ’92 Premier that could possibly compete in that league at this time (not including CUFC Elite, since they were not a team last season) – ’92 Bridge.

Hopefully, Tega Cay will do the “right” thing, and in succession, the other teams will follow suite.

world cup
world cup
Belligerent,

Good points on R3PL. Tega Cay is not the same team as last year since Ricky exited. Looks like if TCSC "does the right thing", there's still no other team to step up and fill the void (why is the Bridge U-13's so much better than the Bridge U-14's?).

Don't know if Tega Cay will take a pass. Remember, the club borders the city of Charlotte. It's a short commute from the Queen City to Tega Cay for any boy from a Charlotte club who would like to try his luck at R3PL.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Quote:

you may have to go up a size or two in the t-shirt

the heck you say!!!!!!

Yeah, I haven't seen an AM shirt since........uh, maybe about 5th grade. In my teens, 20's and 30's it was because of wide shoulders......now in my 40's everything has dropped. I used to say I had a 44" chest and 33" waist. Now its reversed. XXL does the trick nicely....

The Soccer store in Mauldin had nothing there when we were coming down for scrimmages in August. We picked up a couple of magnets and that was about it. AM was about as big as they got. When I asked about more "robust" sizes......I was told they really only ordered for the players and I doubt there are many players wearing double X. Not soccer players....

We'll be down again this Saturday......car wash at MESA for anyone interested.....proceeds to support the Mac Allen fund. So maybe we'll check out the store again.

Flip flops? Jeez......its like a man wearing Crocs. I don't even like seeing boys wearing Crocs, let alone men. Men should wear grass stained sneakers. Or wingtips.

Heh heh.....I am not a redneck.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Having just played '92 Bridge and '93 Bridge......'93 is a far more dangerous team. The age / size thing may work against them....and I don't mean to diss '92 Bridge.

But Hurst, '93 Bridge is special. Technically, tactically, athletically.....they are very very good. Beyond good. They could lose a game to another excellent team because the other team has a killer at forward. 1 kid.....think Mike at Goldstar or the Hispanic kid at Jamestown. But failing getting beat by a world class player.....I can't imagine this team losing regionally, when playing at age.

I can't see Bridge '92 as configured beating CESA Premier '92, as configured. Can't see it. Someone told me CESA Premier has only given up something like six SHOTS all
season!!!!
If Tega Cay were to pass.....wouldn't Columbia Elite be considered? 2nd best team?

S
goal
goal
S
Big Daddy: That store in mauldin will get you a XXXXl if you need it, Heck I saw a dad wearing one this past weekend.

goal
goal
Hurst, not sure why you say "why is the Bridge U-13's so much better than the Bridge U-14's?" I agree that the Bridge U13s are a very good team, and playing in the two teams' respective age groups, the U13s are probably a much better team, but I do not agree that they are a better team.

You make a good point about Charlotte kids, but I don't know if that is enough of a draw for them to jump states.

'92 Bridge had to make some major changes this season, and it has taken some time for those involved to get comfortable in their new positions - things will be worked out by the next time '92 Bridge and CESA Premier meet.

I don't believe CUFC Elite would be considered, because they go from the Spring results.

world cup
world cup
Bellig,

Don't underestimate the power of R3PL. The kids & parents may "cartwheel" from Charlotte to Tega Cay for the opportunity to play at the highest level.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

You make a good point about Charlotte kids, but I don't know if that is enough of a draw for them to jump states.

Hurst66 makes an excellent point about the power of R3PL...we have one player who comes from TENNESSEE to play on my son's R3PL team. Two players commute from Columbia to Rock Hill to play on the same team. I believe there is a player on the U16B CESA Premier team that comes from Georgia.

In the absence of having a local R3PL team for them to play on, players will make huge sacrifices to have the opportunity to play at the highest level...distance is not an obstacle.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
world cup
world cup
Thanks babe.

There are also four kids from Rock Hill / Fort Mill who shuttle down to Greenville a couple times a week just to play for CESA's U-13 boys team. They aren't even playing Region Premier yet.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard