Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
You missed my points Hurst.

In your sentence that I quoted......you said that one club has been the beneficiary of player movement. At least 2 clubs have benefitted from player movement: Bridge and CESA. Probably others too.....

Players have traveled.......for different reasons. Some, because of the opportunity to play on a team that is simply dynamite. Others go in order to play on a team that will compete in R3PL. Others go becasue of the lack of local options. Different reasons.....all valid.

Manchester Meadows is the catalyst that could provide York County with the opportunity to repair that which was broken 2 years ago. Can the leadership step up? Can the do what St Giles and GFC did? What NECSA and CSC did? What James Island and Summerville did?

If they do....awesome!!!

goal
goal
Big Daddy,

Word has it that Tega Cay turned down their R3PL spot. I heard it from a guy who knows another guy who talked to this one guy (and on and on) who says that the TC parents voted on it and decided they weren't interested. I am a little surprised the coach let the parents vote, but, like I have mentioned before, I agree with the final outcome.

While I agree with you that Tega Cay did earn that spot, I still believe that it would have been in no one's good interest for Tega Cay to play premier. As they should now be tied for next to last spot in SC, what could they have gained from playing premier?

Now, I am NOT saying that Bridge 92 has the ability to go into premier and kick butt, or even hold their own. I don't have enough knowledge of the other teams who will be there. What I was implying earlier is that they have a much better chance of doing well in premier than Tega Cay.

Who knows, maybe CESA 92 Premier can't even do well in that group. Until they get in there, it's just a big question mark.

BUT, at the moment, no one (who is talking, at least) knows WHO will be the second team going to premier, only that it won't be Tega Cay.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
So if true.......what are the rules in terms of backfilling?
Next in line from last Spring? Or next in line from the Fall? And who is that?

goal
goal
As the original teams were decided in the Spring, my guess would be that they stick with that - next in line is Bridge FA 93.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
And if Bridge '93 does it.......can they also play State Cup this Spring as a '93 team?

Can Bridge accept the slot as a Club and subsitute the '92 team, even tho the '93 team earned the slot?

Is it more probable that the Region will simply backfill the 2nd SC slot vacated by Tega Cay with another team from GA or NC or someplace like that?

goal
goal
Ya got me on that one. And, the next one.

I guess it is up to SCYSA to decide.

I would think that South Carolina gets two slots - period, with the decision how those two teams are selected being left up to SCYSA. Don't know that for a fact - just my guess.

But, if the slot were NOT to go to the third place SC team, as you suggest, why would it go to a third place GA or NC team?

C
throw in
throw in
C
Assuming that SCYSA does not make a special adjustment to the current seasonal year cup manual....

If Bridge 93 plays in RIII as a U14, then no they could not play as a 93 team in the cup, without playing U13 in the SCSCL also. Interesting point would be the seeding for the U14 should that happen.

The team that plays in the spot has to have the roster integrity described in the manual. Depending on the number of players rostered on the team when the spot was earned a certain number of players is required. In general, the spot is earned by the team, not the club.

SCYSA does have the ability to select it's spots, but also has the duty to put competitive teams forward.

Historically speaking 3rd place teams from SC in the RIII haven't proven as competitive as 3rd place teams from NC or GA. I'm not sure the SCYSA would put a SC team in if they didn't feel they would be competitive.

S
coach
coach
S
Comet: Unless the SCYSA changed the rules, the third place team is the only team offered the option of competing in RIIIPL-East. The fourth place team is not considered (or at least several years ago the fourth place team was not considered -- the SCYSA had specifically amended their rules with respect to this.)

Historically, the second place team (let alone the third place team) from SC isn't competitive in RIIIPL-East. Taking an anecdotal look at the numbers, I don't think that the second place SC team is typically competitive with the third place team from GA or NC, let alone our third place team.

goal
goal
Has anyone seen the listing of teams for the R3PL, U14 Boys East Division? All (or some) of your questions have been answered....okay, well, maybe just one.

http://www.hotstat.com/classic/standings.cfm?did=2962

coach
coach
When is SC soccer gonna get some respect? This article has Rittmeyer playing for Bridge FA in GA.
http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562138260

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard