Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Hurst,

Could this have happened at FMHS? And, would the coach, AD, or principal have known what was going to happen if you decided to play something like this? I guess what I'm asking is....does anyone edit music or samplings that you play?

I'll guess not. And the only thing keeping it from happening here is your good judgement. But, what if some kids you liked (your kids friends) asked you to play something......would you? Without first listening to it?
And what if something bad was on it?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I guess my point is that it could probably happen anywhere without strict rules and censorship as to what hits the PA.

Even still......you'd like to think that once an adult in charge heard that junk they'd shut it off and it wouldn't have run on for 60 to 90 seconds.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Daddy,

Nobody screens what the PA announcer plays before a FMHS game. The person "spinning the discs" simply exercises good judgement.

If the kids slip in an uncensored rap song, the PA announcer has about 10 seconds to kill it before the AD comes running up the bleachers!

Last edited by Hurst66; 11/08/06 09:38 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
Throw In
Throw In
T
Update: Forest View lost to T.C. Roberson, from Asheville, NC, 5-1 in last night's playoff match.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
world cup
world cup
J
"One bad mistake does not a school make."

Is it safe to say Master Yoda dropped the ball here?
Yes, me thinks.

I'm also very curious what the Asst. and keeper did to warrant a one game suspension and nothing more (yet)??

C
Brace
Brace
C
Why the Asst coach? If someting happens in a game and the Asst is the one causing the problem the Head coach gets carded. The head coach is respopnsible for everything! Why does he get a pass. Do we know if this was the schools idea or the High school league tp suspend those two people?

Last edited by Coach J; 11/09/06 05:42 PM.
goal
goal
WOW I feel to many people are reading to much into this. Are people mad just becuase it was a speech by Hitler, or becuase there was something racially insensitive, demeaning, or derogatory in the used portion? The kids had a slogan, due to having a German player, it was translated to German. Unfortunate coincidence that it was not only used, but found in a speech by Hitler. Do you all really believe that there is a team of rascist soccer players, one no less that is obviously pretty good? We all know that most soccer players have a decent bit of intelligence, as these kids on this team obviously had in order to find their slogan in a Hitler speech, but being kids, they also lack the ability to sometimes discriminate a good thing from a bad thing. I feel like these kids are being thrown in the fire for an unfortunate mistake, but anyway, that's just one persons opinion.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I think if they have the motto "On to victory" ..english or german, it's fine.

But to play a speech by the Nazi propaganda minister is (I think) insensitive and just unnecessary. Is there a GOOD reason to put that on the PA?

High school age kids ("young adults" right?) can make that judgment. Therefore, they messed up.

Goal
Goal
L-E Dude,

Who is this man you have shrunken and put in your profile gypsy? Do not shrink me, you understand? Is this your book of spells?

Last edited by shut^&play; 11/16/06 01:22 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard