Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
world cup
world cup
J
..you know I couldn't do that to you, Zedd.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
How weird must it have been to have been sitting in the stands or in the parking lot and all of a sudden have this extended burst of Nazi rhetoric blasting thru the air?

I do not think the Gastonia kids are crazed racists or anti-Catholic bigots. I think someone thought they had a really cool idea that linked into their innocent team slogan and they had no idea the s**t storm they were going to stir up.

Which is why kids shouldn't have access to the PA and adults who do should never play stuff the kids give them without previewing it first.

Poor judgement coupled with lack of adult control.

goal
goal
Come on really, do we not quote and even still recognize a founding father and president Andrew Jackson as a leader and great statesman even though he was a slave owner? These kids used a slogan and a quote from a leader(whether recognized, liked, or not) as a pregame warmup. Just becuase it was Hitler, does that really make it insensitive and unnecessary? Yes, they can make that judgement, but their lack of social skills and experience in the matters of historical relevance leaves them in the position they are in. My point is , hey, give them a break, move on, quit trying make more out of it than it is. As an adult, see the innocent side of it.

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Good point. Although I'm pretty sure the two are not comparable. Hitler brainstormed the murder of 6M people and launched a World War. Old Hickory was an active participant of slavery, America's original sin.

Both grievous.....but one could say Jackson was a product of his times (not justifying) while Hitler created his.

Great articles this past week in Charlotte paper about Wilmington 1898 riots. Kristalnacht(sp)......with a drawl.

goal
goal
Touche!

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard