Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Thanks to Troy Bennage (Vice President) and Dickie Smith (State Soccer Chairman) for attending the SCACA Board meetings in Charleston on Friday, March 9.

The SCACA Board gave approval for the SCHSSCA to proceed with the NC/SC All-Star game at Blackbaud Stadium the weekend of July 7. Dutch Fork boys coach and SCHSSCA Past President Wayne Quinlan will head the efforts in regards to the NC/SC All-Star game.

Coach Smith is going to lock down funding for the North-South Soccer Classic games during his Spring Break -- all coaches and supporters of high school soccer are encouraged to assist in whatever financial aspect that they can provide.

Players can ONLY play in one all-star game, so the player-pool will certainly increase. There will be 16 boys and girls players selected for the NC/SC all-star game and an additional 16 boys and girls players selected for the North-South Soccer Classic in Anderson, SC the weekend of June 16.

Brace
Brace
An official announcement will not come until we have agreed to financial terms with NC. This should be very soon. SC coaches who wish to serve on committees to help organize this event, please contact me. wquinlan@lex5.k12.sc.us.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
C
Brace
Brace
C
Wayne please count me in. I have tried to e-mail you but it gets returned. Thanks

World Cup
World Cup
Wayne Quinlan also has an e-mail address at dfsocr@sc.rr.com. Q, if you don't want this one posted, I'll remove it. Thanks!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Sponsorship information is forthcoming for the NC/SC All-Star Soccer Games. If you have any leads for potential corporate sponsorship for the NC/SC All-Star matches or the CESA North-South Soccer Classic, senior all-star game, please contact SCHSSCA president Kevin Heise at kevin@scsoccer.com.

H
throw in
throw in
H
Kevin
will this include all SC (SCISA included) or just Public Schools

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Just schools that are members of the SCHSL.

Brace
Brace
I am going to Daniel Is today to meet with Mark Kadelick. He is the NC coordinator. If anyone has anything that I need to discuss call my cell. 803.606.8125. Dickie will pay my phone bill. It would be good to get a status update from Todd and Troy. I need to know what has been done in ticket sales and the banquet.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Wayne -- Ed Carson of Summerville has volunteered to assist Todd Robinson of James Island with ticket sales.

Brace
Brace
CLASH OF THE CAROLINAS
NC VS SC SOCCER ALL STAR GAMES
3/28 meeting

COST PROJECTION
Hotel rooms $1,800 + (If we get the major sponsor, this will go up, as we will put 2/room.)
Banquet $3,600 based on 300 x $12 quote from The Battery, their lowest price.
Insurance $400 This has been arranged by NC.
Certificates $100
MVP Awards $200
TOTAL $6,100

UNIFORMS-
There is some confusion as to whether Select will provide all uniforms, all uniforms + $1,000 of coaching shirts, balls…Mark Kadelick is checking.

OFFICIAL COLORS
SC will be white with red trim
NC will be powder blue with white trim

LOGOs-
Each state’s jerseys will bear their respective state assn logo on the front and the title sponsor on the back.

T-SHIRTS-
Select has offered t-shirts for us to sell. It is not clear If they would donate them or sell them to us. Mark is checking on this.
Soccer Plus will donate t-shirts for players. We will incorporate their logo or give them an ad. Soccer Plus has also offered game balls.

PROGRAMS-
We need to decide on ad fees for the program and coordinate with NC. (Kevin & Kyle)

COACHING-
NC has selected 3/ team. We don’t have to do this.

CERTIFICATES-
Scott Ruggles will make them real nice.

MVP AWARDS-
Troy Bennage, who is in charge of the banquet, will get these.

TITLE SPONSOR-
I expect to hear by Friday on this. If we get the $10,000 we will be on easy street.

PHYSICAL EXAMS-
For SC players are set up. Thanks Stephen Jackson.

ADVANCED TICKET SALES-
Will be coordinated by Ed Carson. All players will be required to buy 5 tickets @ $8 per.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard