Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Brace
Brace
C
We select 2 coaches per team for N/S why not do the same for the all star game?

Brace
Brace
All uniforms are being furnished by Select Soccer, thanks to Andrew Burr.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
World Cup
World Cup
The coaches of this all-star game will be chosen from a pool based on:

(1) Number of years coaching in high school;
(2) Coaching in the North-South Soccer Classic;
(3) Availability during the summer (some coaches have already indicated their vacation plans for the 2007 summer.

Brace
Brace
BB&T would not match the sponsorship amount offered by CUFC. So, we are still in the market for a Title Sponsor. Anyone with corporate contacts, please contact me or Kevin Darlington. A Title Sponsorship costs $10,000.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
"Clash of the Carolinas"

Selection Meeting: Sunday, April 15 @ Brookland-Cayce HS, 1 pm -- only invited coaches are to attend (they have been contacted) ... We only have to select 16 players for each team and have had extensive feedback from high school and college coaches the past several weeks.

S.C. Boys Coaches: Frank Ridlehoover, Gaffney & Dick Smith, T.L. Hanna

S.C. Girls Coaches: Gwen Armstrong, J.L. Mann & Tom Reilly, Academic Magnet

NC/SC All-Star Game Director Wayne Quinlan is meeting with his committee on Sunday at this time as well.

Brace
Brace
Let me update everyone on a very successful meeting yesterday. Sixteen boys and girls players were identified , along with alternates. We feel we have chosen the best SC has to offer, players that give us the best opportunity to win and players with good character who will represent us well. Kudos to the Heise’s for coordinating the selection process. Any questions about the process should be referred to me privately. We know we can’t make everyone happy. But, we are confident that our efforts were honest and fair.

We are considering a few weekend training sessions probably held in the midlands. Our big announcement will be made either before or at half time of The Battery match on Friday, April 20. At that time rosters and coaches' bio's will be released.

There are some areas that we are getting in high gear on. One is ticket sales, which is being headed-up by Ed Carson of Summerville HS. We will get some income from ticket sales, but only those tickets that are sold in advance by us. League passes will not be accepted at the games. So, all coaches are encouraged to purchase tickets early. A form will be posted on this web site soon. Coaches, also encourage your teams and other fans to purchase tickets through us. Remember, the tickets are for the 3:00 girls, 5:00 boys and 7:30 Battery matches. THAT IS A DEAL at $8!

Troy Bennage, of Academic Magnet has made arrangements for the banquet at the Three Lions Pub. It will be great. His school has graciously offered to buy the MVP awards.
Kevin and Kyle will also head-up efforts to put together a game program. We need to sell, sell, sell ads for that.
Scott Ruggles, of Stratford is coordinating the photo session. Scott and Dick Smith, of Hanna, are also our liaisons to the SCACA.

Wayne Quinlan wquinlan@lex5.k12.sc.us

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 04/20/07 05:40 PM.

Brace
Brace
The Dutch Fork High School Boys' Soccer Team will make a $500 donation to "The Clash of the Carolinas." I challenge all coaches in SC and NC to match that. If you're scared, say you're scared.

Last edited by Wayne; 04/20/07 05:26 PM.

kick off
kick off
I already commited to you Wayne so you can give that Crdit to th Wando Girls Program

ROSS!!! For no reason!
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Columbia United FC "Clash of the Carolinas" Donations

$5,000 - Columbia United FC
$500 - Dutch Fork HS
$500 - Wando HS courtesy of KMX Logistics

Brace
Brace
Latest Developments

FCA has committed to do the brunch. We are trying to work out the details. It may mean we have to bus the players to a location for the brunch. Please let me know if you can access buses, hopefully free.

Three Lion's Pub will host, BUT NOT CATER, the banquet. I just got this word. They will allow us to cater from the outside, which may save money. Troy, thought his job was going to be easy.

I have received, from Troy and Academic Magnet, 4 MVP trophies. Thanks again Troy.

I have also received a $500 sponsor check from KMX Logistics. We know have $6,000

Kevin Darlington and Ron Tryon are individually seeking a banquet sponsor.

Money is tight for rooms at The Hampton Inn. Right now I have the coaches covered as well as the following staff: Kevin & Kyle, WIlliam and myself. Let me know if you REALLY NEED a room. Many are from the area and could commute. That would be helpfull. I can't guarantee we will have the money to pay for rooms Sat night or for spouses. Right now, I would say to expect that NOT to be covered.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard