Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Would you like to see a North Carolina-South Carolina All-Star game for boys and girls soccer?

Would you like to see a North Carolina-South Carolina All-Star game for boys and girls soccer?
single choice
Yes (100%, 18 Votes)
No (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Votes: 18
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
C
Brace
Brace
C
How is this going to happen? The boys are playing right now? Girls match up, they play in the spring but the boys are done in a week.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
The NC Soccer Coaches Association has been trying to coordinate this with SC for the past two years, but so far no game. They would play the boys in the summer despite playing HS soccer in the fall. The problem is $$$ and we're already having trouble fielding the North-South Soccer Classic as it is.

J
world cup
world cup
J
What (if you can say) is being done to bring in another big sponsor such as Home Depot?

I know CESA has taken N/S upon its shoulders for the next 5 years, but there still seems to be a deficit or lack of funds.

We can't keep relying on the generosity of the community to keep these events afloat ..and especially if we want to expand/grow.

Does NCSCA want to split the cost in half? Couldn't the two associations approach a big sponsor together and have them help out? The new USL team in Cary and the Battery perhaps?

J
world cup
world cup
J
..so..

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
NOTES FROM MEETING WITH CHARLESTON BATTERY
RE: NC VS SC ALL-STAR MATCHES
HELD 2/19/07

Present were Andrew Bell, director of marketing
Amy Plebanek, director of sales
Wayne Quinlan, past president

Matches to be held 7 July
Girls match 3:00
Boys match 5:00

This allows the required one hour of field-time prior to The Battery’s match vs. Puerto Rico (7:30)

The Battery would offer the following at no cost:
1. Use of the pitch
2. Trainers
3. Ambulance
4. Gate and concession staff
5. PA and press box staff
6. Parking attendants. They do charge to park.

The Battery would allow the following:
1. Program sales with agreement that they get a full page ad. (I offered them the front cover.)
2. T-shirt sales

The Battery will seek cut-rate accommodations at either the Sheraton N Charleston (near the North Charleston Convention Center) or The Suites(near Northwoods Mall.) The Hampton Inn is booked. I estimated the number of rooms based on the following: 4 teams of 16 + 8 coaches + 8 staff. Players are 4/room. Staff are 2/room = 24 rooms.

The Battery has offered The Three Lions Pub at no charge for a Friday night banquet. There would be a charge to cater. They are getting a price/person. The pub seats 270. It is not available on game day.

The Battery has offered a corporate tent to feed players pizza following each match. (Unclear on who will pay for the pizza)

The Battery is offering to let us sell tickets to the matches. These tickets would include their match. They would give us $4 on each $8 ticket we sell.

The Battery would announce our match MVP’s at half time of their match.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

The Battery has an exclusive contract with Pepsi and Saturn (cars). We may not use sponsors in competition with those. In fact, that night is Saturn Night.

That night is jersey give-away that night. So, it is likely to be a very good crowd.

We need to provide our insurance.

Breakfast & lunch Sat?

Training/kick around Fri?

Sponsorships we should go after:

US Soccer, Snickers, Fox Soccer Channel

We need referees

Final words:

The Battery is extremely interested in hosting this event, even if it is done on a rotating basis with NC. Their facilities are top class. Their staff would take care of most of the grunt work, leaving us to supervise players and enjoy. The determining factor appears to be what deal they can get us on the rooms and catering. My feeling is that we will get the rooms for under $1500 if the hotels realize the extra rooms they will pick up from families, etc. At this point we should be aggressively pursuing sponsors. Should we agree to go on with this, we should organize a press conference, at The Battery, and begin advertisement of some sort. I believe it is reasonable to expect each player’s family to purchase a minimum of 5 tickets. That is only $40. We should also aggressively sell tickets through our respective associations.

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Please continue with your hard work. It sounds great so far.

N
goal kick
goal kick
N
This sounds like a great idea!!!
Keep up the hard work and let others know what
they can do.

C
Brace
Brace
C
I think it is great and I will be happy to help in any way.

Last edited by Coach J; 02/22/07 02:18 AM.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
We can ALL help the development of the inaugural North Carolina / South Carolina All-Star Game and the continuance of the CESA North South Soccer Classic by securing financial donations for these senior all-star events.

We will make a proposal to the SCACA Executive Board on March 9th in support of the NC/SC all-star game, but the SCHSSCA is committed to maintaining the high standards of the North-South Soccer Classic as well.

Potential sponsors for either event should be directed to:

Kevin Heise, SCHSSCA President
Brookland-Cayce HS
1300 State Street
Cayce, SC 29033

803-791-5585 home
kevin@scsoccer.com email

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Thanks to Troy Bennage (Vice President) and Dickie Smith (State Soccer Chairman) for attending the SCACA Board meetings in Charleston on Friday, March 9.

The SCACA Board gave approval for the SCHSSCA to proceed with the NC/SC All-Star game at Blackbaud Stadium the weekend of July 7. Dutch Fork boys coach and SCHSSCA Past President Wayne Quinlan will head the efforts in regards to the NC/SC All-Star game.

Coach Smith is going to lock down funding for the North-South Soccer Classic games during his Spring Break -- all coaches and supporters of high school soccer are encouraged to assist in whatever financial aspect that they can provide.

Players can ONLY play in one all-star game, so the player-pool will certainly increase. There will be 16 boys and girls players selected for the NC/SC all-star game and an additional 16 boys and girls players selected for the North-South Soccer Classic in Anderson, SC the weekend of June 16.

Brace
Brace
An official announcement will not come until we have agreed to financial terms with NC. This should be very soon. SC coaches who wish to serve on committees to help organize this event, please contact me. wquinlan@lex5.k12.sc.us.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
C
Brace
Brace
C
Wayne please count me in. I have tried to e-mail you but it gets returned. Thanks

World Cup
World Cup
Wayne Quinlan also has an e-mail address at dfsocr@sc.rr.com. Q, if you don't want this one posted, I'll remove it. Thanks!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Sponsorship information is forthcoming for the NC/SC All-Star Soccer Games. If you have any leads for potential corporate sponsorship for the NC/SC All-Star matches or the CESA North-South Soccer Classic, senior all-star game, please contact SCHSSCA president Kevin Heise at kevin@scsoccer.com.

H
throw in
throw in
H
Kevin
will this include all SC (SCISA included) or just Public Schools

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Just schools that are members of the SCHSL.

Brace
Brace
I am going to Daniel Is today to meet with Mark Kadelick. He is the NC coordinator. If anyone has anything that I need to discuss call my cell. 803.606.8125. Dickie will pay my phone bill. It would be good to get a status update from Todd and Troy. I need to know what has been done in ticket sales and the banquet.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Wayne -- Ed Carson of Summerville has volunteered to assist Todd Robinson of James Island with ticket sales.

Brace
Brace
CLASH OF THE CAROLINAS
NC VS SC SOCCER ALL STAR GAMES
3/28 meeting

COST PROJECTION
Hotel rooms $1,800 + (If we get the major sponsor, this will go up, as we will put 2/room.)
Banquet $3,600 based on 300 x $12 quote from The Battery, their lowest price.
Insurance $400 This has been arranged by NC.
Certificates $100
MVP Awards $200
TOTAL $6,100

UNIFORMS-
There is some confusion as to whether Select will provide all uniforms, all uniforms + $1,000 of coaching shirts, balls…Mark Kadelick is checking.

OFFICIAL COLORS
SC will be white with red trim
NC will be powder blue with white trim

LOGOs-
Each state’s jerseys will bear their respective state assn logo on the front and the title sponsor on the back.

T-SHIRTS-
Select has offered t-shirts for us to sell. It is not clear If they would donate them or sell them to us. Mark is checking on this.
Soccer Plus will donate t-shirts for players. We will incorporate their logo or give them an ad. Soccer Plus has also offered game balls.

PROGRAMS-
We need to decide on ad fees for the program and coordinate with NC. (Kevin & Kyle)

COACHING-
NC has selected 3/ team. We don’t have to do this.

CERTIFICATES-
Scott Ruggles will make them real nice.

MVP AWARDS-
Troy Bennage, who is in charge of the banquet, will get these.

TITLE SPONSOR-
I expect to hear by Friday on this. If we get the $10,000 we will be on easy street.

PHYSICAL EXAMS-
For SC players are set up. Thanks Stephen Jackson.

ADVANCED TICKET SALES-
Will be coordinated by Ed Carson. All players will be required to buy 5 tickets @ $8 per.

C
Brace
Brace
C
We select 2 coaches per team for N/S why not do the same for the all star game?

Brace
Brace
All uniforms are being furnished by Select Soccer, thanks to Andrew Burr.

World Cup
World Cup
The coaches of this all-star game will be chosen from a pool based on:

(1) Number of years coaching in high school;
(2) Coaching in the North-South Soccer Classic;
(3) Availability during the summer (some coaches have already indicated their vacation plans for the 2007 summer.

Brace
Brace
BB&T would not match the sponsorship amount offered by CUFC. So, we are still in the market for a Title Sponsor. Anyone with corporate contacts, please contact me or Kevin Darlington. A Title Sponsorship costs $10,000.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
"Clash of the Carolinas"

Selection Meeting: Sunday, April 15 @ Brookland-Cayce HS, 1 pm -- only invited coaches are to attend (they have been contacted) ... We only have to select 16 players for each team and have had extensive feedback from high school and college coaches the past several weeks.

S.C. Boys Coaches: Frank Ridlehoover, Gaffney & Dick Smith, T.L. Hanna

S.C. Girls Coaches: Gwen Armstrong, J.L. Mann & Tom Reilly, Academic Magnet

NC/SC All-Star Game Director Wayne Quinlan is meeting with his committee on Sunday at this time as well.

Brace
Brace
Let me update everyone on a very successful meeting yesterday. Sixteen boys and girls players were identified , along with alternates. We feel we have chosen the best SC has to offer, players that give us the best opportunity to win and players with good character who will represent us well. Kudos to the Heise’s for coordinating the selection process. Any questions about the process should be referred to me privately. We know we can’t make everyone happy. But, we are confident that our efforts were honest and fair.

We are considering a few weekend training sessions probably held in the midlands. Our big announcement will be made either before or at half time of The Battery match on Friday, April 20. At that time rosters and coaches' bio's will be released.

There are some areas that we are getting in high gear on. One is ticket sales, which is being headed-up by Ed Carson of Summerville HS. We will get some income from ticket sales, but only those tickets that are sold in advance by us. League passes will not be accepted at the games. So, all coaches are encouraged to purchase tickets early. A form will be posted on this web site soon. Coaches, also encourage your teams and other fans to purchase tickets through us. Remember, the tickets are for the 3:00 girls, 5:00 boys and 7:30 Battery matches. THAT IS A DEAL at $8!

Troy Bennage, of Academic Magnet has made arrangements for the banquet at the Three Lions Pub. It will be great. His school has graciously offered to buy the MVP awards.
Kevin and Kyle will also head-up efforts to put together a game program. We need to sell, sell, sell ads for that.
Scott Ruggles, of Stratford is coordinating the photo session. Scott and Dick Smith, of Hanna, are also our liaisons to the SCACA.

Wayne Quinlan wquinlan@lex5.k12.sc.us

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 04/20/07 05:40 PM.

Brace
Brace
The Dutch Fork High School Boys' Soccer Team will make a $500 donation to "The Clash of the Carolinas." I challenge all coaches in SC and NC to match that. If you're scared, say you're scared.

Last edited by Wayne; 04/20/07 05:26 PM.

kick off
kick off
I already commited to you Wayne so you can give that Crdit to th Wando Girls Program

ROSS!!! For no reason!
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Columbia United FC "Clash of the Carolinas" Donations

$5,000 - Columbia United FC
$500 - Dutch Fork HS
$500 - Wando HS courtesy of KMX Logistics

Brace
Brace
Latest Developments

FCA has committed to do the brunch. We are trying to work out the details. It may mean we have to bus the players to a location for the brunch. Please let me know if you can access buses, hopefully free.

Three Lion's Pub will host, BUT NOT CATER, the banquet. I just got this word. They will allow us to cater from the outside, which may save money. Troy, thought his job was going to be easy.

I have received, from Troy and Academic Magnet, 4 MVP trophies. Thanks again Troy.

I have also received a $500 sponsor check from KMX Logistics. We know have $6,000

Kevin Darlington and Ron Tryon are individually seeking a banquet sponsor.

Money is tight for rooms at The Hampton Inn. Right now I have the coaches covered as well as the following staff: Kevin & Kyle, WIlliam and myself. Let me know if you REALLY NEED a room. Many are from the area and could commute. That would be helpfull. I can't guarantee we will have the money to pay for rooms Sat night or for spouses. Right now, I would say to expect that NOT to be covered.

World Cup
World Cup
Wayne, myself and my player (Amy Davis) as well as Maria from Wren would be able to commute. Does this help?

C
Brace
Brace
C
Wayne the bus should not be a problem. Troy has let me drive his bus from Magnet and Anthony at Fort D may be able to help as well. Contact Troy and see if we can use his bus. If so I will drive the players.

Brace
Brace
That sounds great. Commuters save us a lot of money.

Anthony can't drive. Is there someone else? Maybe we can make 2 trips with one bus.

Brace
Brace
To all coaches,

We are right at the break-even point with the Clash of the Carolinas. It looks like we can pay for rooms, meals, and other basics. We need more money to insure a first class experience for all. Right now, we are planning to house the players 4 per room. Another $1,800 or so will allow us to go 2 per room. I am asking coaches to help us in our search for sponsors. We could give the banquet a sponsor's name, if a sponsor were to step in and pay the bill. That would be around $3,600. I am slso asking coaches to consider a $100 donation from their program, regardless of whether or not you have a player in the game. Also, buy tickets now through our web site. Help us find other sponsors as well. If we all do a little, it will add up to a lot.

Thanks,
Wayne

C
Brace
Brace
C
I can make 2 trips if need be. Maybe ask Ed at BE if he can get us a bus with a driver. As long as Troy has a bus I can drive.

throw in
throw in
When and Where

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
World Cup
World Cup
When and where what?

throw in
throw in
is the game

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Umm... did you check page one of this thread? How about page 2 of this thread, the first post? Or the thread in the SC High School Coaches Forum that deals with this same topic? Or on the main page of this website where there is an announcement and a link to the press release?

I think it might be July 7 at Blackbaud Stadium, but the information is oh so hard to find.

Last edited by fan01; 05/16/07 11:05 PM.
World Cup
World Cup
Wow. That was pretty bad "Drogda"...

throw in
throw in
Sorrrrrry im new to SCsoccer...plus i have my favorites so it goes straight to the forums

Last edited by DDrogba9; 05/17/07 01:11 AM.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

NOTES FROM MEETING WITH CHARLESTON BATTERY
RE: NC VS SC ALL-STAR MATCHES
HELD 2/19/07

Present were Andrew Bell, director of marketing
Amy Plebanek, director of sales
Wayne Quinlan, past president

Matches to be held 7 July
Girls match 3:00
Boys match 5:00

This allows the required one hour of field-time prior to The Battery’s match vs. Puerto Rico (7:30)

The Battery would offer the following at no cost:
1. Use of the pitch
2. Trainers
3. Ambulance
4. Gate and concession staff
5. PA and press box staff
6. Parking attendants. They do charge to park.

The Battery would allow the following:
1. Program sales with agreement that they get a full page ad. (I offered them the front cover.)
2. T-shirt sales

The Battery will seek cut-rate accommodations at either the Sheraton N Charleston (near the North Charleston Convention Center) or The Suites(near Northwoods Mall.) The Hampton Inn is booked. I estimated the number of rooms based on the following: 4 teams of 16 + 8 coaches + 8 staff. Players are 4/room. Staff are 2/room = 24 rooms.

The Battery has offered The Three Lions Pub at no charge for a Friday night banquet. There would be a charge to cater. They are getting a price/person. The pub seats 270. It is not available on game day.

The Battery has offered a corporate tent to feed players pizza following each match. (Unclear on who will pay for the pizza)

The Battery is offering to let us sell tickets to the matches. These tickets would include their match. They would give us $4 on each $8 ticket we sell.

The Battery would announce our match MVP’s at half time of their match.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

The Battery has an exclusive contract with Pepsi and Saturn (cars). We may not use sponsors in competition with those. In fact, that night is Saturn Night.

That night is jersey give-away that night. So, it is likely to be a very good crowd.

We need to provide our insurance.

Breakfast & lunch Sat?

Training/kick around Fri?

Sponsorships we should go after:

US Soccer, Snickers, Fox Soccer Channel

We need referees

Final words:

The Battery is extremely interested in hosting this event, even if it is done on a rotating basis with NC. Their facilities are top class. Their staff would take care of most of the grunt work, leaving us to supervise players and enjoy. The determining factor appears to be what deal they can get us on the rooms and catering. My feeling is that we will get the rooms for under $1500 if the hotels realize the extra rooms they will pick up from families, etc. At this point we should be aggressively pursuing sponsors. Should we agree to go on with this, we should organize a press conference, at The Battery, and begin advertisement of some sort. I believe it is reasonable to expect each player’s family to purchase a minimum of 5 tickets. That is only $40. We should also aggressively sell tickets through our respective associations.

Earlier this thread.

world cup
world cup
Rock Hill pulls plug on Carolinas All-Star Basketball Classic

From The Rock Hill Herald

by Barry Byers

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/29111.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard