Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
kick off
kick off
L
Wow! Why so many teams at the 94 age group? Is this normal for the younger age group? Couldn't the coaches make a cut after the first try-out? I am no expert but after watching the first try-out I don't think it would have been much of a problem for the coaches to have picked 32 girls for the sub-regional. Will the coaches select one or two state teams or train this many girls over the spring season?

If we are going to call them try-outs then let's select the top players and train them together. I thought that was the whole idea of ODP.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
LCV,

I think the ODP staff will reduce the numbers down to one team after the sub regional.

Interestingly, NCYSA is having a second cut this weekend. Summerville is two weeks away and those people don't know who is making the trip yet. Give SCYSA some credit for giving us plenty of notice.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
G
throw in
throw in
G
I agree with Hurst ... kudos to SCYSA for getting information out quickly. I'm sure that they will get a team plus alternates reasonably quickly after the sub regional games; however, what I found in a previous year was that there was a significant number of kids that tryout & make the team, but then choose to not participate in the summer Regional camp. (I understand that my family's experience is a limited view on the matter.) As a result of mixed commitments, conflicts due to Sunday games, or tournaments, spring ODP practices were poorly attended. So it wouldn't surprise me, in particularly, at the younger age to keep the pool of alternates somewhat larger.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
last year the state carried two teams in the youngest age group and just selected different team members at different events..

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Anybody out there able to dissect the 94 Girls rosters? I don't know any of the girls.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
kick off
kick off
L
whre do you see the rosters, I have yet to find them in the SCYSA website

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Not on the website.....I believe they were only sent to the parents.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Anybody have a weather report for Summerville for this weekend?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Sunny on Saturday with high of 55 and low of 38. Chance of rain on Sunday with high of 60.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Thank you LCD. Hopefully that rain will hold off until later in the day on Sunday.

Can you tell me how long the drive is from the Park West development in Mount Pleasant to the fields in Summerville?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard