Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#74248 11/30/06 10:25 PM
G
Griff16 Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
G
Has anybody heard about the legal problems of 2 players (Bridge FA)during the Raleigh Cup. If so can they still or are they playing for the team.

Griff16 #74249 11/30/06 10:56 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
How about a little more information.....Girls or Boys and what have you heard as far as legal problems? Did not hear anything about Raleigh and it looked like all the players were at the Charleston Cup this past weekend...Boys and Girls..A little information might get you the answers you are looking for

G
Griff16 Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
G
Boys - Sticky fingers at a mall in Raleigh. I was wondering if they are allowed to play in State Playoffs.

Griff16 #74251 12/01/06 02:42 PM
world cup
world cup
Did they start a "food fight", or were they caught smuggling ketchup packets out of the restaurant?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #74252 12/01/06 03:46 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Good one Hurst66...Did not hear about any mall problems but I will see what I can find out...There were ten at practice last night..the ones missing were the ones that live farther away..Also have not heard anything about their status at state cup..They were training so I would assume that they plan on attending state cup..Does the state know about this incident would probably be the first question to ask...And does this story hold any merit?

Hurst66 #74253 12/01/06 03:50 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Interesting subject (if I read between the lines correctly and if it has nothing to do with a food fight).
I do not think SCYSA would have a say so.
In my opinion the punishement should be up to 1)the parents and 2) the club.

If the parents fail to punish then the club should step in as the players were representatives of the organization. In ODP they would be out on their keister.

Assuming the issue to be true, it would be interesting to see how Bridge handles it.
This is an excerpt of their policies (click here)
TRAVEL EXPECTATIONS AT TOURNAMENTS
Bridge recognizes the value and special significance in participating in tournaments. However, there are player responsibilities that go along with this as listed below.

All Bridge players are required to participate in every event unless injured.
Players are to act like ladies and gentlemen at all times in any public place.
Each player is required to be where the coach wants you to be at the time the coach sets.
Players are to be punctual and strictly follow all curfews.
At the coach’s discretion, players may be sent home at parent’s additional expense if they violate behavior rules related to drugs, drinking, illegal activities, tobacco products or having members of the opposite sex in rooms at any time.
Remember that you are representing Bridge and your Team.

There is no information of what would happen when failing to meet these guidelines(nor do I think they should be made public). Maybe the punishement was already served at the Bridge tournament where they had to sit and watch their teammates play.

In any case it would be more realistic to expect the parents to do their jobs.

On a side note....
SCYSA has lots of requirements for coaches, club offcials, referees, etc... to "protect" itself from exposing players to undesirable people.

Yet to the best of my knowldege there is no requirement for young adults. Specifically 18 year olds that in the eyes of the law are full adults. So in theory, a coach with a criminal past cannot coach but a player with a criminal past who is 18 can play. exposure would be the same in my mind...

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 12/01/06 03:55 PM.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
We need to stop the speculating. If the matter is true the team and parents would have dealt with it already. Let us not cast a dark cloud over a good group of soccer players.
I’m sure it’s a matter that these guys would like to put behind them.

world cup
world cup
DISCLAIMER........I have no idea what happenend.

I do find it interesting that someone would use this public forum to try to sniff out this info. With the very little details that Griff provides, one could speculate that the "crime" committed by these boys could be a lot more severe than simply swiping ketchup packets or tossing rib bones at eachother (although someone could lose an eye).

Probably not fair to the boys or the club.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #74256 12/01/06 04:15 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hurst I agree....and I am sure the parents and bridge have handled it (especially if coach Lundy knows it...I would not want to be there)

Maybe my last point should be a separate thread, but I think it is an issue that SCYSA has not addressed to the best of my knowledge. What are your thoughts?

Hurst66 #74257 12/01/06 04:28 PM
S
coach
coach
S
Everything anyone says on this message board, or any message board, tends to irritate someone. I found it interesting, and just a tiny bit irritating, when someone used the Disney win by the CESA U13G Premier team to try to promote his daughter's team. I found it interesting when that same person disparaged the CESA U13G Premier team when talking about not winning their "own" tournament -- when in fact the goal of a club and the goal of a team in a club with respect to a club's tournaments are not the same -- the club wishes to have the most competitive and widely attended tournament while the team wishes to win as easily as possible.

Why raise this? After all, it's only irritating when it goes against the grain. I guess because when I read this thread I was reminded of the last controversy regarding inappropriate behavior and Bridge. Darren Sweet, the president of the club, got on the message board and responded in an up-front manner. The folks on this message board that find that this runs "against the grain" might consider that criticizing those that ask questions is typically not helpful in eliminating the talk -- at best it drives it down and increases the rumors. What tends to work best is standing up and addressing the issue in a forthright manner.

With all of this said, let me be clear on my personal position -- if some kids misbehaved at Sticky Fingers, I don't care as long as these kids didn't play in a club that I financially support or that I have kids that do or might play at that club. Of course, if it happened in a gender/age group in which my kid played, I would be interested in finding out how it might impact my kid's team.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard