Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74291 12/03/06 05:47 PM
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Please send email addresses. IM or email I need to schedule matches within our division. My email is timjshiner@yahoo.com I will be coaching the JV Girls and assisting the boys team. Thanks and good luck this spring

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
On the above post BHS is Berkeley High School located in Moncks Corner SC. region 7 AAAA

S
throw in
throw in
S
I'm the Boys Varsity coach at Stratford. Are y'all going to have JV boys? If so, we usually play JV/Varsity same day and place. Please let me know if this is 100%, as I will need to make some changes to my JV Boys schedule. Thanks!

Sean Egnew Varsity Boys Soccer Coach Stratford High School
C
Brace
Brace
C
Do you have 2 JV teams, boys and girls?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Sean, Coach J--we will field both girls' and boys' JV teams this season. I had to wait until after football season to get all of the organizational details worked out--you know how that goes--but we are on track now with both teams. JV for us will be a majority of 7th and 8th graders; I've really been looking forward to getting some experience to our younger players before they hit high school and the varsity level. Coach Tim will be working with the JV girls; we are still sorting out the personnel for the boys' JV, but the program is moving forward. In the meantime, I'll be handling the organizational end--let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for working with us as we build up our program here at Berkeley!

Will Chassereau
Girls' Varsity Coach/Soccer Program Director
Berkeley High
chassere@berkeley.k12.sc.us

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Brace
Brace
C
Will if that is the case then you have a lot of work to do. All region 7 and 8 teams that have a JV for boys and girls play at the same time. Boys teams at one site and girls teams at the other site. So that means you will have to contact the following teams, Wando, James Island, Stratford, Beaufort,Colleton County, Fort D, Summerville, and Maybe Goose Creek. We started this last year and it has been continued for this year. If you have dropped one of these teams then you do not have to call but region 7 you will need to inform them and let them know. This will affect a lot of JV schedules! Good luck and let me know if I can help. Coach J

C
Coach
Coach
C
Thanks...I was aware that girls and boys were scheduled for opposite sites this year and that JV and varsity of each gender would be traveling together instead of boys and girls varsity traveling together. I was not aware that anyone had been doing that last year, but according to the schedule I received for this season (and according to my AD, who may or may not have the whole story) we are already scheduled that way and only needed to adjust if we did NOT bring a JV team. Still seems to overcomplicate traveling arrangements since JV can only play 12 matches and varsity 16, so at least 4 travel dates will have to be JV-less regardless...but then, I'm sure it made sense to someone, so I'm along for the ride. Any more info you can pass along would be welcome--I haven't had the luxury of a JV team for the last 6 years, and that was in the 1A-2A arena where we only had boys' teams to contend with.

Thanks,

Will

S
throw in
throw in
S
Will,
I think we'll be good to go. Last year was not a problem with our JV Boys playing before the Varsity boys. I will go ahead and make the schedule changes.
Sean

Sean Egnew Varsity Boys Soccer Coach Stratford High School
C
Coach
Coach
C
That's great, Sean--hope everyone had a great Christmas,a and I'm looking forward to getting things rolling after the break!

Will

Link Copied to Clipboard