Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
coach
coach
S
>>[coldhardtruth] All I want to know is how do we get some of that CESA training down here in the lowcountry?<<

Call and/or e-mail Andrew Hyslop or Pearse Tormey and tell them what you want. The training in Asheville, Fort Mill, and Columbia occurred because a critical mass of kids joined CESA and asked for it.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
In the 16 Girls final, the oficiating was horrible. CUFC came away the winner and deserved it for how hard they came out and played. Although CUFC did keep CESA from scoring by packing it in the back, the goal that they did score was scored with 4 of their players 5 yards off sides and not called. Another no-call was the backpass to the CUFC keeper that was picked up. CUFC was clearly out-played the entire game and had one shot on goal - the one that went in (and off-sides to boot). Not sure if they will get the benefit of such poor officiating when they go to regionals. The CESA team that they defeated was a quarter-finalist at regionals last year and were definitely more competitive in premier league in the fall of this year than CUFC.

world cup
world cup
Wow....you can't win them all.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
I was able to watch some of this game and some of the U15 girls final both games which used the same set of officials. Both games had missed calls. If the offside call in the U16G game was made would it have changed the outcome of the game? I not sure, but it would have most likely gone to overtime and maybe penalty kicks. It was a very physical game with both teams having players injured. CUFC looked to have the physical advantage and CESA having the skills advantage. Once CUFC gained the one goal advantage late in the second half they began to protect the lead by taking the ball to the corner and sitting on it. They used this same approach in the semi-final game to protect the lead against the CESA Challenge team. I am not a fan of holding the ball to run out the clock (I didn't like it when Dean Smith used it). I would just rather them keep playing. Just my opinion.

S
Bench
Bench
S
no one says anything about the u15b cesa the only boys team from cesa that won state they have some talent on that team spencer shiff john hunt and benjamin puetter are all the most athletic kids i saw out there this weekend from u15 it shows u that other clubs might be catching up i heard the u18b threw the game because none of them wanted to go to regionals any word on that.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
how does the u18 go about throwing a game

2004-07 #1 in Nation
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Snowman: They don't that is just a CESA player on a younger age group making excuses and boasting about himself and his team.

S
coach
coach
S
coladad9: I've got a respectful question that I didn't want to ask until the state championships were all over. How did you come up with the U18G predictions that you made before the state championships? I'm not criticizing it (after all, I didn't make any predictions then), I'm simply trying to understand that prediction given the history and records.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Chico: No disrespect taken from that question and completely understandable, I came up with that pick because during the season CUFC and CESA played and CESA came out on top by a score of 2-1 and I have always thought it be very hard to beat the same team twice(And sure I have been a little bias just because the fact that I am from Columbia) But they sure did show me wrong and congratulations to them and their coach Andrew Hyslop, they are a great team and should represent SC well in Oklahoma.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Scotland--
Are you serious when you say that in the 16 Girls Final that CUFC "was clearly outplayed the entire game" by CESA? Come on--a very well played game by both sides deserves better than that. CUFC certainly did "bunker down" after scoring their goal (offsides?--obviously Scotland's view was better than the AR's) but that was only for the last ten minutes or so of the game--and that is a strategy that any team would employ.
Congrats to Coach Dick Hiller and CUFC on a well deserved win. If anyone was present for the awards ceremony and saw the emotion from Coach Hiller, you could appreciate how special this win was to this group of young ladies and their families to overcome the adversity they did this year.
Good luck in Oklahoma.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard