Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
coach
coach
S
coladad9: Makes sense. The CUFC U18G team is an awfully good team. Last I looked they had broken the top #50 in terms of one national ranking service -- they have some very talented players.

J
Brace
Brace
J
This reply is for Scotland....
How on earth can 4 players be offsides? That is impossible. They can be in an offsides position, but not necessarily offsides. You can have an entire team in an offsides position, and as long as the ball doesn't get passed to one of them, they are not offsides. You need to learn the rules a bit more before you go off spouting and making yourself look ignorant. Sounds like you are just upset that CESA lost. Oh well, there is always next year!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
corner kick
corner kick
The 4 players were caught behind the defensive line when the CESA team pushed forward. The pass to the one player who took the shot was in an "offside position". But as with all games calls are made correctly, incorrectly, and not at all. As with most players and parents we hope every game is fair and competitive. Good Luck to both teams next year as they will meet again in the RIII league.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Offside is defined by where the attacking player is at the time the ball is last touched by her teammate. Fans typically watch the ball and look up after it is played. If the defense was in the process of moving up quickly, players who were in an onside position at the time the ball was last touched may have been in an offside position by the time the fans looked up.

From where I was, I had a pretty good view of this play. I saw one player in an offside position who was not in on the play. The player who took the shot was in an onside position when the ball was passed to her.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I watched most of this game and if I recall correctly this game was around seventy minutes long...Games are not won or loss on one play

S
kick off
kick off
S
Games are not won or loss on one play????????

You hear that statement a lot. I don't really think anyone believes it. It happens all the time in most sports. Last second shot at the top of the key to win the game. Score tied bottom of the nine two outs. Grove pitch that's hit out of the park to win the game. It goes on and on

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Those are events that happen throughout the course of nine innings or four quarters..Both teams had ample time to make something happen..There are other events in the game that led to a 1-0 score also..not just nine or ten seconds of play..The no offsides call did not stop the other team from scoring..Did it?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Those are events that happen throughout the course of nine innings or four quarters..Both teams had ample time to make something happen....

Exactly. But they couldn't make something happen. Often your best games are when two teams are so closely matched. When both teams are on there game that day. That it takes a mistake by one team for the other team to cash in to make the difference. BUT the other team has to be able to cash in that moment the mistake is made. Other wise it's not that one play that made the difference.
That one play can come at the end of the game, middle or beginning of the game.
Now granted you don't see these types of games all the time but you do see them quite often. Provide you watch more than one type of sport.

I wasn't at the game mentioned and I'm not commenting on the call. Just disagree with the statement that Games are not won or loss on one play

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
how about defense wins championships? The score was 1-0
Maybe there was great saves by the keeper or the backline played their hearts out..Maybe the game was won by a multitude of great plays on offense and defense

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
sportfreak, the cliche that refutes your point is when teams say "they need to be in a position to win the game." No one can predict the "winning" play or last second grand slam or three pointer, but a team can play well enough to be in a position that a "winning" play is possible. Getting in that position wins the game as much as the winning play. For example, a last second three from halfcourt in a game that is lost by 20, or a bottom of the ninth grand slam in a loss is the same play as ina winning game, but the game is lost--the single play does not win the game.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard