Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
throw in
throw in

My mistake.

------------------
From one who knows

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
brace
brace
Grim Keeper—

My post was intended to provoke—and it seems a few are right on track—I think "best player," especially in soccer, is truly difficult—Surround individual players with different teammates and see a different player—

I do think some of the best players in the state are girls—that was part of my post also—(comparing girls within girls soccer—not comparing a girl to a boy head-to-head, of course)

I also agree about performance being consistent—along with how a player shines against the best competition—

I know in high school soccer we get players designated as "great" who pile up goal totals against very weak teams—That's why we need to see soccer played and not look at stats—especially since defenders get left out of the stat race—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
coach
coach
purple,
I agree. I hate it when there are best player discussions
and considerations. The stats (goals, etc.) listed for offensive soccer players are given too much pub. Like in football when offensive lineman are most often left out of the discussions, so too are soccer defenders. It is a team sport and individual recognitions should be, but won't be, left to a minimum.
So many times in this forum we read of the star-like quality of high school or club players who for what ever reason allow their 'special skills' to keep them from being a total team player, and the team suffers as a result.
There should be no best player anywhere. I know that is an absurd statement, but I am famous for that.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I echo the statement.... I think we should comment on which was the best team you SAW at state cup. Capitalize SAW because like me I am sure not everyone saw every game.

For example I saw DSC play CESA in the U16 in the final and thought it was fairly even but did not see them play in the semis. So it would be hard to comment on the age group.

World Cup
World Cup
I didn't see this post so forgive my late reply. Kendall Maxwell does not play on the field. I'm not sure where sbs got that from. We had two quality keepers last year (Kelli Whitfield, Anderson University) and they split halves and led us to our best season in history. I've seen lots of hs keepers and I speak sincerely when I say i'd never want another. Praise the good Lord for two more years of Kendall.

world cup
world cup
W&E, you're loaded this year. I'm moving over to the Girls HS soccer forum and singing your praises!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66: Loaded doesn't begin to describe it! Odds on favorite for winning the state championship!

Speaking of keepers, in addition to those mentioned, here are some wonderful keepers in the state:
  • Caroline Clarke: Keeper, U18G CESA Premier (Greenwood Christian), ODP-89 Keeper
  • Sarah Delap, Keeper, U18G CESA Premier (Riverside)
  • Caitlin Williams, Keeper, U18 CESA Challenge (Pendleton), ODP-89 Keeper
  • Cricket Wise, Keeper, U18 CASC (???), ODP-90 Keeper
  • Erica Deahl, Keeper, U18G CUFC Elite (Lexington)
  • Taylor Rutland, Keeper, U17G CUFC Elite (Lexington), ODP-90 Keeper
  • Curren Smith, Keeper, U16G CESA Premier, (Mauldin), ODP-90 Keeper
  • Katie Tate, Keeper, U16G CESA Premier, (???), ODP-91 Keeper, Region III Pool Keeper

My apologies to anyone I overlooked...

By the way...Laura Armstrong, formerly of GFC and now with USC, has set the bar pretty high in terms of great keepers!

brace
brace
Great list, Chico—And since this thread has drifted away from ONE player—The U18G keeper combo in combination with the defense on that squad—Top notch!—

coach
coach
Just as I figured - no mention of any offensive lineman again.

brace
brace
Well—some of my references are TOUGHER than offensive linemen—:)

and they are occasionally offensive—does that count?

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard