Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
B
throw in
throw in
B
Speaking of Keepers my daughter's CESA U-12 Premier team is blessed with an excellant one, Allison Harrill.

S
bench
bench
S
another keeper to look at is Morgan Hert of the CESA U-15 Premier girls. She had a shutout all state cup and I believe in on the 92 ODP team. She is also going to Mauldin High School.

coach
coach
Again, can all of these players be considered in the context of a team? Teams win games, not individuals.
Which club teams played the best team ball this season and which high school teams will do the same next spring?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I said I THOUGHT Kendall played on the field last year because that's what I thought I had heard. Obviously, I was wrong. Sorry about that. Wasn't deliberately trying to misinform.

coach
coach
Oh well..........

S
coach
coach
S
>>[Again, can all of these players be considered in the context of a team? Teams win games, not individuals.
Which club teams played the best team ball this season and which high school teams will do the same next spring?<<

Well...the CESA U18G Premier team is ranked in the top 20 nationally and could be argued to be better than that (they beat #6 Jacksonville soundly, 3-0, in Premier League play.) Two of these keepers, Caroline Clarke and Sarah Delap, both played for that team and were an integral part (along with the field players, of course) of their league-leading defense. Both are easily Division I-level players.

What high school teams will play the best ball next spring? It's already been stated that T.L. Hanna's girl team is loaded for bear in 4-A with outstanding talent. I think the Irmo girls team is going to be very strong in 4-A as well; the formation of CUFC and its elite teams I believe will pay dividends for that program. Riverside as always will be incredible in 3-A; Sarah Delap will give them a huge edge as she did last year.

brace
brace
Look at the top club teams, follow those players to their high schools, and watch those high schools succeed. The larger the school, the more this is true. At the smaller schools, A and AA, ANY club experience by the players tends to bump results. As one who works with high school soccer, I say "Thank you, club soccer"—:)

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
corner kick
corner kick
All,

I did a quick count of CESA girls premier and challenge players who are currently attending Mauldin High and it is between 18 - 20. This includes the U15 - U18 teams and doesn't include any the girls playing in the CESA HS league or with other clubs. I believe they will pickup 10 girls from the U15 premier and challenge teams as freshman this year. Now the question is can 2nd year coach Kevin Czar make these girls into State Champions.

brace
brace
Maybe we should bump this to Girls Soccer, but this would be interesting to do for the girls teams—I know Riverside and Eastside have quality players coming from the U18G Premier team—And both have benefited historically from club—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
world cup
world cup
fan,

I wouldn't load all the pressure onto Coach Czar's shoulders. It not only takes a lot of talent....it takes a lot of good fortune to go all the way. Need the right bounces, need to avoid injury....maybe even need a break or two from the officials.

If Mauldin is ranked in the top four in 4A by the end of the season (and I'm sure they will be), the coach has done his job. Enjoy the ride....should be a great season for the Lady Mavs.

(PS - If the girls soccer team is as dominant as the girls x-country team, we won't even have to play the season out. They wouldn't require any luck!)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard