Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
S
Bench
Bench
S
anyone know where are the CESA girls going to college next year?

throw in
throw in

I for one am very excited about all the conversation about the excellent keepers we have in the State ( Future Leaders). I also understand how important the back line is to a keepers success. They derserve much more credit than they get. I would like to see the all area players that are selected by the local papers be given to those who truly deserve alot of credit(Defenders and Keepers).

Does anyone care to rank some of these players? Do we even know their names. A tough task to say the least I bet.

----------------------
From one who knows!

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
O
kick off
kick off
O
Quote:

anyone know where are the CESA girls going to college next year?

As of now the following, as I understand it, applies to the U-18G CESA premier team with respect to commitments (verbal at this time in most cases....)

Appalachian State - 3
Marshall - 1
Presbyterian College - 1
University of South Carolina - 2
College of Charleston - 1
Clemson - 1

In addition there are two that are rostered that are presently college freshman....

University of North Carolina Charlotte - 1
University of South Carolina - 1

That accounts for 11 of the rostered 18, 3 of the remaining 7 are playing up one year, and the remaing 4 have yet to decide....

World Cup
World Cup
sbs, no harm, no foul!

A
bench
bench
A
both keepers in the u-17 final game, were excellent. But i think Greg for CUFC is definately one of the best

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

As of now the following, as I understand it, applies to the U-18G CESA premier team with respect to commitments (verbal at this time in most cases....)

Appalachian State - 3
Marshall - 1
Presbyterian College - 1
University of South Carolina - 2
College of Charleston - 1
Clemson - 1

In addition there are two that are rostered that are presently college freshman....

University of North Carolina Charlotte - 1
University of South Carolina - 1

That accounts for 11 of the rostered 18, 3 of the remaining 7 are playing up one year, and the remaing 4 have yet to decide....

Interesting data...several notes...

This appears to be more players going to Division I schools than in past years...not surprising I guess when you look at the team's national ranking.

Fascinating that Furman didn't get anyone.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Furman is too expensive. A 25% scholarship still leaves a ton of money due. Nice environment.......but what, 3x the cost of Clemson or USC?

S
coach
coach
S
You're absolutely right that Furman is expensive -- it's just that in the past I remember Furman as typically picking up some players from GFC and SGU...that and the fact that it's a Division I program in Greenville...

How much more expensive is Furman than PC or UNC-Charlotte?

brace
brace
I believe an uncommitted CESA U18G is considering FU—I also think "cost" is tricky—Many expensive schools such as FU are very aggressive about finding money for students—Comparing school to school is difficult—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
S
coach
coach
S
Okay...doing a few minutes of looking I get about $36K for tuition and room and board. [Link]

Huge endowment! [Bob Fuzy, ex-GFC president, is really raking it in!]

So I guess a major question is whether they have a fully funded women's soccer program.

Interesting stuff...

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard