Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
cat's cradle #74674 12/25/06 10:56 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Don't apologize!!! You brought some excellent points that might not of been addressed..We chose to be a part of the wonderful game of soccer..My daughter plays this game because she loves it...she is not looking for a free ride to higher education or conplaining that some boy got a chance that she did'nt....It's all about the love of the game and the desire to play

coldhardtruth #74675 12/26/06 02:24 AM
E
goal kick
goal kick
E
the one thing i would like 2 know is what happened 2 the best player in the state discusion huh.?

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
S
coach
coach
S
ehs1: I've changed the "reply" line above to "Best Player in the State" so that now you more easily give us your opinion and actively participate in this thread!!!

world cup
world cup
While I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping....you guys decided to go mud wrestling! Glad you patched it up. Luv ya both! Happy Holidays! Thanks for the discussion (and the entertainment) as the office is absolutely empty this morning.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Taylor Craft (a late bloomer, but recent Erskine Committ) maybe one of the best All-Around seniors in AAAA this year, Robinson is one of the top 5 forwards in all divisions and grade levels, and the same goes for Maxwell in the goal.

There. Back on topic

But perhaps a new topic should be started picking up where teh apologies left off. My last comment on this thread...thank goodness soccer, particularly girls, are not funded by their own revenue. I love girls soccer more than football with no room for debate, but it's impossible to dismiss with a wave of the hand that:

Because a minority of gridiron teams do not make a profit, the argument of women's soccer = financial leech is invalid.

I think the money suction tenticles feed off the basketball teams in those isolated instances.

Seriously, can someone find (and link) the percentage of women's collegiate soccer teams that are self sustaining vs those that are dependent on football/basketball in another thread?

A quick phone call to the AD's of Furman, USC, Wofford, Clemson, and The Citadel would be clutch for this argument. C of C, Francis Marion, USCA/Upstate, Lander, and other non football schools would be welcome as well. In fact, forget the stats and get it straight from the horse's mouth.

I go the football games in the fall and the soccer in the spring. I've gotten my Master's Degree in Sports Administration and did my final paper on the subject. I don't need anyone else's statistics to tell me that without football, girls soccer (at least in this state) would be devastated. You see I have my own. I've got Upstate AD's that I interviewed to preach the truth. On average from 11 Upstate schools, football brings in 84% of the athletic budget with a standard deviation of 4.233% yet only spends 21% with a deviation of 8.618%. Using a slightly more limited experience in playing both collegiate football and soccer, I remember the attendance comparisons. Girls soccer is a crutch - it needs the other sports to survive. I do no think they deserve equal representation in scholarships based on being financial dead weight in MOST situations. However I support title IX for without it I think most female representation on the collegiate level would be erased due to financial restraints. They deserve the opportunity to play.

New thread

Last edited by Whiskey & Easy; 12/27/06 06:48 AM.
S
coach
coach
S
(Responding only to the first paragraph (in this thread)...)

T.L. Hanna is loaded for bear this year!!!

World Cup
World Cup
A thousand plagues on your family...

S
coach
coach
S
Whiskey & Easy: I just noticed this. Dude...after a good season this year, I think T.L. Hanna is a strong top 5 team this year and has a good shot at a state championship...good luck to them!

corner kick
corner kick
W&E,

I heard one of your CESA players was going to be out for the high school season with foot surgery? True or is this just a rumor?

World Cup
World Cup
Rumor with possible upgrade to truth. Injury exist, but time will tell the extensiveness. No scheduled amputation at this point in time.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard