Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
S
bench
bench
S
Grim Keeper:
I have found some of your posts very interesting. Under this thread you said:
"Speaking in behalf of the girls: I believe the CESA U-17 Premier team keeper is the best player on the girls side. After her State Cup performance in PK's, she performed on demand. Very technical and makes the right decisions.
Sorry, I don't know her name."
Then you moved to the Girls High School Soccer forum and started this thread - "2007 Best HS Teams & Players" You named the below players as your picks:
"Forwards:
4-A
1 - Kira Campbell, Lexington
5 - Caitlin Robinson, T.L. Hanna
3-A
3 - Austin Fagan, Riverside
4 - Brently Roberts, Eastside
5 - Rae Wilson, J.L. Mann
Midfielders:
4-A
1 - Hannah Gmerek, Wren
3-A
2 -Sarah Jacobs, Riverside
Defenders:
4-A
2 - Casey Craft, T.L. Hanna
3 - Alex Zongrone, Dorman
5 - Allison Truitt, J.L. Mann
2-1 A
4 -Kelsy McCraw, Christ Church"

Of the 11 players you listed - 8 are from the U17 Girls Premier Team that you did not know who the keeper was. On the "2007 Best HS Teams & Players" thread you then list 6 other keepers who all play for CESA. Help me understand how you did not know who the U17 Premier keeper was when you seem to know every other keeper at CESA and the majority of the U17 girls team? Or should I ask - Do I smell fish?

goal
goal
On all of your lists I belive you are missing Jessica Thomas from Woodruff (2A). She has been All state every year and played most of the field positions. Grim keeper if speaking of CESA girls she is the key to the u18 girls defense that has the lowest goals against average in the region III play last season. I know that I may be bias being from Woodruff though, I think her play speaks for it self.

Last edited by utvolsiat1; 01/06/07 11:24 AM.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
throw in
throw in
Sailor Jerry:

I just did not know her at that paticular time. Since State Cup I have had the opportunity to know more about her and her teammates. The reason the list I shared was primarily CESA based was because the people I know know CESA. Plus, based on their performance why would they not be the best players in the State? They certainly had shown their dominance at the Club level.

I have asked others to list teams and players that I may not be aware of and some have and some have been from CESA. Do you have any useful information about players or teams or are you just the newly appointed bloodhound of the posting world. Seems to me that SNIFFERS are just someone who is looking for something others have left behind. Not a high level place in the world. No one likes a SNIFFER!!!

Others in the posting world seem to drift of topic too much. If you don't want to discuss the best teams and players for 2007 then start your own topic. Don't pile up our conversation with your soapbox topics. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading your intelligent conversation, but I would rather read it under its own topic. SOME OF YOU LIKE THE SOUND OF YOUR OWN TYPING!!!!! as intelligent as it is..

Sailor Jerry: Simply put, the people I know, know CESA. Who do you know? Or are you just sniffing around?

Since you brought up the U-17 GK (Kendall Maxwell) to be exact, I thought I would share some info I found out about her. Interested??? Probably not, but just for light reading here goes.

Not only did she step-up and perform at State Cup 2006, Not only did she step-up and perform at Regionals 2006 as mentioned by "sbs", I mentioned that if you looked further you would find more. Guess what, I did.

2005 CASL SHOOTOUT (Raleigh, NC) vs. OHIO PREMIER
Maxwell & team U-16 won in PK's again.

2003 State Cup U-13 w/Clemson Area Soccer Club (Crush)
Maxwell & team won in PK's again.

If you have an alternative to Kendall Maxwell for the best GK at the 4-A high school then please share. If you don't have any useful info to share then don't post.

-------------------
FROM ONE WHO KNOWS

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
S
bench
bench
S

Grim:
I did not mean to offend you, but it really does seem odd that you know so much about the U17 CESA Team and about their keepers accomplishments at the age of 12. I will take your word that it is based on what others are telling you. Have you seen the U17 CESA Girl Premier Team play?

corner kick
corner kick
Grim:

I have heard that Katie Tate (CESA 90 Premier) has been invited to the National ODP camp in Feb. 1 of 12 in the nation for GK training. Great job Katie.

throw in
throw in
Fan:

If this is true, this is a huge accomplishment!!!!! Any regional or national team experience writes your ticket to anywhere you want to go. Congrats Katie Tate!!!!!

Sailor Jerry:

No offense taken. All of these girls seem to have played together since they were 9 & 10. The majority of the U-17 team has played in the State Cup Finals for 8 years in a row. I can ask for info on each player and get info since they were 10. The benefit of parents and players being together for a long time. I have seen the U-17 & U16 teams play. I saw them at the RBC Tourney.

-----------------------
FROM ONE WHO KNOWS?

coach
coach
Thats probably enough on individual players in the state. Again, individuals don't win games; teams do. I think the discussion needs to focus on who are the best teams collectively, rather than who are the best individual players.

Last edited by 2004striker; 01/09/07 04:48 PM.
throw in
throw in
2004striker:

I think you can knock the dust off how you feel already. You have not added any best teams to the discussions. If that is how you feel then give teams or are you just soapboxing again. We know already!!!!

Unfortunately for you, our State does name best players at their positions. They are called All-State, All-Region, Gatorade Player of the Year. A team is not called All-State etc...., Champions maybe.

As long as these players are crowned by the State, then our discussions are applicable. Like the radio and TV stations you don't care for, change the channel or in this case read a different topic.

--------------------
FROM ONE WHO KNOWS?

G
bench
bench
G
Grim Keeper

I believe that your thread concerning best player in the state belongs in the girls High School thread.

There are many players who don't participate in public school soccer, and are therefore not eligible for All-State, All-Region, or Gatorade Player of the Year.

throw in
throw in
Green1121:

I agree completely. And guess what? That is exactly where it is!!! #6 from the top of the Girls High School Topics. People keeep dragging it over here. Check it out and you'll see the topic changes as it goes. Very hard to keep something going.

Maybe people don't really know this information enoungh to discuss it with out chasing rabbitts all over the place. Are we sure these guys aren't PREACHERS!!!

Let me know when it gets serious!

------------------------
FROM ONE WHO KNOWS THAT NOBODY ELSE KNOWS!

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard