coach
OP Offline
coach
S

S
kick off
kick off
S
I'm not sure if I'm reading this chart correctly - the number of SC coaches is down almost 31 percent???? If that is true, WOW!

Coaches/Assistants (06 Purged) 2,249 1,564 -30.46%

Might there be a correlation between players and coaches number going down? We don't have enough quality coaches anyway in SC. Can we afford to another 30% drop in coaches in 2007? If there are clubs/parents out there running coaches off with side-line politics, unrealistic expectations to win, ignorances to the game, etc. then I would imagine the same people are running players off for the same reasons. From what I've been told in talks with other SC coaches in the lowcounrty are that "parent run clubs" care more about their own childern (again politics before PLAYERS) than retaining the highest quality coaches to teach the game. Perhaps POORLY lead super club mergers are at the heart of this loss in numbers? Just a guess. And yes Chico - the drop in girls numbers really does bother me most!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Steve and Chico....Anyway to find out what purged means?

This was the first year where SCYSA requires to have a licence to coach. Most classic clubs it is not an issue but a "volunteer coach" (notice the quiotes) in rec programs having to have a licence and having to spend 3 days just to get an E may be more than many are willing to do.

I understand the thinking but reality is not the same.

I assume the drop is in rec and therefore counter productive to what SCYSA would want to have to grow the numbers. You do not have the feeder program you do not get the numbers at the later years.

H
brace
brace
H
i wonder if the drop in the mid state is the initial result of the merger in columbia.if things did not work out the way a player wanted they went elswhere.maybe this is one of reasons for the growth in the peidmont.
i think the mid state will not have as big of a drop next year.i cant figure out the big drop in femals.maybe it is because they have more sports to chose from now or its boys.who knows with girls

world cup
world cup
At least five full teams, three of them girls, jumped from York County (SCYSA) to Charlotte (NCYSA) during this time period.

Hey, as long as they are playing, right?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
as far as loosing coaches.i know from talking with some texas coaches they get paid a nice sum of money

S
kick off
kick off
S
Chico,
Could it be possible that the soccer public recognizes the political inequities that lie (no pun intended) within the SCYSA and thus have choosen an alternative program for enrolling players? (Ex. US Club Soccer, AYSO, etc...)

Would it be possible to track those numbers? If so, what are the benefits to those others organizations. And if there are more benefits, service and opportunities (w/US Club/AYSO) vs the other, why haven't others recognized and made the switch? Is it simply b/c of the "State Cup" monopoly that USYSA/SCYSA has a strangle hold on as the only means of competing at the next level? (ex. regionals/nationals)? Anyway, I know that US Club has a similar type vehicle...does AYSO? Are they valued differently?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is damning information for SCYSA and youth soccer here in SC. We need alternatives and options. Right?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

i wonder if the drop in the mid state is the initial result of the merger in columbia.if things did not work out the way a player wanted they went elswhere.maybe this is one of reasons for the growth in the peidmont.

By "did not work out the way a player wanted" I don't know if you meant a player not being selected for the the team he/she wanted, as a result of the merger. If this is what you meant, I don't know of any players going to the piedmont as a result of not making a certain team in the mid state. I would think the only reason a player would go to the trouble of traveling to a district other than the one they lived in to play soccer, would be that they thought they would get better training, better competition, better guidance, more overall commitment, and thus a better chance of achieving their goals.

S
kick off
kick off
S
sbs:
From what I gather, it seems to me that kids in the Midlands need to look no further than Lexington, Congaree and CESA-Columbia. It's more than a mere thought, but actuality, that a player can get comparable if not better training at some of those listed clubs above.

The Piedmont district saw gains in their membership b/c of the leadership and direction taken by the clubs there within. Those clubs tend to be more inclusive, especially CESA. They (CESA) recognize the importance of each level and pay professional detail and attention to those, thus the noticed increase in #'s. IMO they're in the process of making that happen with the staff and program of their CESA-Cola branch. Possibly, you'll see an influx in the number of players (especially girls) choosing that club as a viable option for development this fall or spring even?

H
brace
brace
H
sbs,
if you think no one went somewhere else because of not making the team they want then you are mistaken.or maybe it is my imagination.

i will add that i think some are coming back

Last edited by soccer40; 01/24/07 03:52 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard