Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
kick off
kick off
B
Gamecock,
Two questions. 1)Where do you see the CUFC coaches listed with their licenses.

2)Didn't the old Aiken teams have players from Columbia,Aiken, Augusta, and Atlanta. Doesn't this run against your logic.

atl
Steve #75786 01/25/07 05:04 PM
corner kick
corner kick
Steve,

Just out of curiosity, could you produce the facts on the A license coaches at CUFC? Not being rude, but just curious.

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
Big Boi #75787 01/25/07 07:04 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
I'm not sure about Gamecock44's statement that CUFC has more A&B licenses than anyone else, but here is the list as of last May, I believe. Some of the coaches may have upgraded their licenses since then.

Coach P #75788 01/25/07 07:58 PM
S
coach
coach
S
I'll probably start another thread to discuss gamecock44's post in a bit more detail; however, what's interesting to me is that many of the participants in this type of discussion seem blind to their own club's behavior while hyper-sensitive to other club's behavior. (Note: Coach P, I'm not referring to you on this -- you simply pointed out some facts.)

When a player moves from a club to CESA, then CESA is guilty of "illegal recruiting" or something. When a player moves to CUFC, then the player made a choice.

When CUFC talks on its web site about its victories and the number of teams winning state cups and the like, that's okay; but when CESA does it then that's a crime against humanity.

Regarding A and B licenses, if CUFC coaches have more than CESA then I think that CUFC should be congratulated. Licensing is an important factor in trying to raise the baseline qualifications associated with coaching.

To be consistent, however, I thought that Governor Hodges and the Inez Tennenbaum were missing the boat when they built a compensation scheme around licensing teachers. I'm all for merit-based pay, but I'd rather see us test students at the beginning of a school year, test them at the end of the school year, and award merit to teachers who raise the scores the most. To put it back into the context of soccer, I care more about the results than I do licensing.

Again, however, let me make this clear -- if CUFC has more A and B licensed coaches than CESA (or Bridge, or anyone else) then they are to be congratulated.

Shibumi #75789 01/25/07 08:25 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Treasure of the Sierra Madre/Blazing saddles

"All right," Steve shouted back. "if you are the coaches, where are your badges? Lets see them"

Chico stands up and says..."Badges?" (pronounced BATCHES) I don't need no stinkin badges"

world cup
world cup
Chico, some kids don't test well.

p&y, please chime in.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Shibumi #75791 01/25/07 08:46 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

When CUFC talks on its web site about its victories and the number of teams winning state cups and the like, that's okay; but when CESA does it then that's a crime against humanity.

I think CESA has done great things! Things that no other SC club has done! That is probably why a lot of people seem to attack them. I don't think we should be attacking them on message boards. I think we need to be figuring out ways to compete with and beat them on the pitch. That is what will improve the level of youth soccer in SC!

I think CESA has every right to display their successes on their web sites. They earned the medals, they should be allowed to wear them. I personally, however, would have left off the part about everybody else. I think just listing their own accomplishments makes it quite obvious that no other SC club is even close. Yet.

Last edited by Coach P; 01/25/07 09:13 PM.
Coach P #75792 01/25/07 10:06 PM
S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66: That's why I believe in merit-based pay based on the delta between entry and exit tests.

Shibumi #75793 01/25/07 10:21 PM
S
coach
coach
S
Coach P: Last night, I was talking to someone about media bias. What interests me so much isn't the obvious cases of bias but rather the interpretation of bias when the situation isn't clear.

I understand, and respect, your feeling that "Everybody Else" shouldn't be called out. I understand, and respect, the feeling of the Lexington and CRSA club parents that billboards proclaiming that the two best clubs have merged aren't appropriate. I understand, and respect, the feeling that specific teams shouldn't call out what teams they defeated on their web sites. I understand, and respect, the private messages I get saying that challenge teams shouldn't compete for classic cups. And so on...

In every one of these cases -- and I mean every one -- I think that the good of promoting youth soccer and taking pride in one's club far outweighs those that want a more "politically correct" statement of accomplishment.

Then again, I probably am biased more toward libertarianism than authoritarianism -- so this is my bias at work!

Shibumi #75794 01/25/07 10:31 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

In every one of these cases -- and I mean every one -- I think that the good of promoting youth soccer and taking pride in one's club far outweighs those that want a more "politically correct" statement of accomplishment.

I couldn't agree more with this statement.

When I say that I, personally, would do it differently, that is not meant as a condemnation. There are a lot of people smarter and more successful than I who do things radically different than I would. But isn't that variety one of the things that makes life good?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard