Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#75944 01/30/07 04:11 PM
Y
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Y
Its just fun to guess how teams are going to do based on what they look like on paper. Here is my list of the top two contenders for each region are, and who will win (in theory).

Region I
Wren - 1st Place
Greenwood - 2nd Place

Region II
A close one, but
Dorman - 1st Place
Mauldin - 2nd Place

Region III
Another close one, but
Northwestern - 1st Place
Fort Mill - 2nd Place

Region IV
Lexington - 1st Place
South Aiken - 2nd Place

Region V
could go either way, but
Dutch Fork - 1st Place
Spring Valley - 2nd Place

Region VI
not really sure...
West Florence - 1st Place
South Florence - 2nd Place

Region VII
Wando - 1st Place
could be close for second, but
Stratford - 2nd Place
because James Island lost alot from last year...

Region VIII
Again another close one
Fort Dorchester - 1st Place
West Ashley - 2nd Place

These are just my predictions, and in no way am I a soccer authority, but its just for fun anyways. Anyone else have some predictions or comments?

goal kick
goal kick
i think spring valley will take region 5

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
brace
brace
Aaah yes. It's pre-season prediction time. I'll take my stab...

Region 1
1)Greenwood
2)Wren

Region 2
1)Dorman
2)Mauldin (Could go either way)

Region 3
1)NW
2)FM

Region 4
1)Lex
2)Irmo

Region 5
1)DF
2)SV (With or without Flynn)

Region 6
1)West Florence
2)South Florence (I really have no clue on this one)

Region 7
1)Wando
2)Stratford

Region 8
1)Fort Dorchester
2)Summerville

F
kick off
kick off
F
Region 1
1)Wren
2)Greenwood

Region 2
1)Dorman
2)Mauldin

Region 3
1)Northwestern
2)Fort Mill

Region 4
1)Lexington
2)South Aiken

Region 5
1)Dutch Fork
2)Spring Valley

Region 6
1)West Florence
2)i dont know...

Region 7
1)Wando
2)James Island

Region 8
1)Fort Dorchester
2)Summerville

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
r1
greenwood
wren
r2
dorman
mauldin
r3
NW
fort m
r4
lex
irmo
r5
valley
dutch fork
r6
idk
r7
wando
r8
idk

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
W
bench
bench
W
i think irmo will beat south aiken for 2nd place in region 4

G
throw in
throw in
G
I think Summerville could really struggle this year. From what I have heard they only have a handful of returners on their roster and maybe 3 of those got any kind of playing time last year. Pinewood and The Fort could be the pride of Summerville this year.

C
Brace
Brace
C
I disagree with the statement about Summerville. They may not have a lot of returning varsity players but everyone one of there young players have played at a very high level this fall for there club teams. Several of them won state cup at the u-17 age group. They will be a very good side and will suprise you. Do not underestmate them. Region 8 will be very tough this year. It will come down to who is playing well later in the season. Good luck to all region 8 teams. Go Wildcats!

goal kick
goal kick
Region 1
1)Greenwood
2)Wren

Region 2
1)Dorman
2)Mauldin

Region 3
1)NW
2)FM

Region 4
1)Lex
2)Irmo - Irmo will beat out SA but could be close

Region 5
1)SV - Could be Close here but SV gets edge
2)DF

Region 6
1)West Florence
2)South Florence

Region 7
1)Wando
2)James Island

Region 8
1)Fort Dorchester
2)West Ashely - edges summerville

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Actually, none of the Summerville players won state cup @ U17 in the challenge division. The players that won state cup in that age group go to Lexington, Irmo, Dutch Fork, Spring Valley, Hammond, Dreher, Aiken. I might have missed some schools but I know Summerville is not on there.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
classic division...

C
Brace
Brace
C
Did I say challenge Caach? I said played at a high level. Lets just wait and see how they do. You will see, and then you can change your mind. I however hope they finish 2nd. I also hope we finish 1st....isnt that what every coach wants for his team? What region do you play in? How do you hope to finish this year?

F
kick off
kick off
F
Summerville always has been a quality team. Don't underestimate them... Just keep a good eye out for all of these teams, because regions are going to be intense this year.

S
throw in
throw in
S
i think lexington will be a great team this year and irmo will defenatly be contending with them south aiken is no good at all .

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Region I
Greenwood - 1st Place
Wren - 2nd Place

Region II
Mauldin - 1st Place
Dorman - 2nd Place

Region III
Northwestern - 1st Place
Fort Mill - 2nd Place

Region IV
Lexington - 1st Place
South Aiken - 2nd Place

Region V

Spring Valley - 1st Place
Dutch Fork - 2nd Place

Region VI
West Florence - 1st Place
South Florence - 2nd Place

Region VII
Wando - 1st Place
James Island - 2nd Place

Region VIII
Fort Dorchester - 1st Place
West Ashley - 2nd Place

Y
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Y
Does Anyone have any valid information on Summerville? I have heard from one source that they could challenge everyone for the lowerstate title, and then from another source that they are very young this year, and won't show much. Does anyone have any support for either of these statements?

C
Brace
Brace
C
yoyo See my previous posts.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I heard that they are still very talented of course, but that they will be a little younger this year. Don't underestimate them though. Summerville is a quality team that can surprise...

G
throw in
throw in
G
I think Fort will bet the better team this year. Summerville has a very large group that has never seen any Varsity time before this year. I don't think a couple guys winning "Classic States" is much of a big deal. The Classic level is not very impressive. Fort has their top scorers back with a very talented keeper. Fort is the choice for lower state. West Ashley should have a good squad back also. Lower state is lucky that Pinewood is not in the mix and has to play in SCISA.

Y
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Y
I agree with what Griff is saying for the most part. I don't like just putting Summerville out of it completely, but i do see West Ashley and Fort being the two contenders this year. Still this is all preseason, but I do expect a tight race between all three teams. I'm still goin with my initial vote for Fort - 1st, and West Ashley - 2nd.

N
throw in
throw in
N
Wait, Griff are you saying that Fort will take all of lower state? Or just Region 8.

G
throw in
throw in
G
I think Wando or Spring Valley in lower state are the picks. I think Fort will take Region 8. I just threw the Pinewood team in there for thought.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Fort D will be strong this year but region 8 also has strong teams with summerville west ashley and beaufort and easily any of those 4 could take region

Y
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Y
Summerville and West Ashley both did better against Porter Gaud then Fort D. maybe Fort isn't such a good pick for the number one spot in region 8... I heard they played poorly for their first game, but its just something to think about...

M
kick off
kick off
M
Why is everyone leaving Irmo for dead? Yes they lost a lot, but they still have some very good young talent. Plus they still do have the states best coach. I think Irmo will win there region and make some noise in the playoffs.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
it dont matter how any team does in scrimmages really a 6-3 lost to BE by summerville doesnt automatically make them horrible cuz scrimmages are always time for coaches to let every player play and get a feel for who the starters will be come season time

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
and on that note BE 2 - Fort D 1

BE scored twice 1st half on two sloppy plays by fort, but Fort couldnt capitlaize on quite a few chances in the 1st half 2nd half was all Fort with BE keeper having to come up big a couple times finally fort slipped one in and kept pressing but couldnt find an equalizer past the BE keeper

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
so does that completly change ur rgeion 8 prediction again yoyoyyoshi since fort did way better than summervile agisnt BE? no exactly there called scrimmages for a reason

Y
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Y
Congrats to BE for the win. And also to Fort D, for putting up a good fight. MPSCplayer, I wasn't bad mouthing Fort D in any way. I want Fort D to do well this season, I was just saying that it wasn't going to be a sure thing for number 1 in Region 8. However, I agree with you that it was all preseason, and too early to state anything. My predictions have been and will remain the same as I when I first said them.

N
throw in
throw in
N
Pre-season means nothing. There are FOUR quality teams in Region 8 and all of them have a chance at taking the region. It will come down to the close, one goal or PK games which HH dominated in the past. It's wide open this year and should provide for some interesting games.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
yea yoshi i know u werent bad mouthing fort when u picked fort to win it

F
kick off
kick off
F
All i know is that Fort D really proved themselves in the game against Wando. Wando is a very strong team recognized state-wide, and Fort stuck with them the entire game, almost won it in several good opportunities, and controlled the ball for most of the second half. Congrats to Wando on the win of course, but if Fort continues to play that well, Regions should be in the bag...

N
throw in
throw in
N
Im not sure about the comment "in the bag". Nothing is in the bag this early in the season even if they are able keep that level of play. Yes I will admit that their effort against a tough and tested Wando team is extremely remarkable and should be acknowledged but you cant make a statement like that this early. A ton of things could happen from now until the end of the season and if I remember correctly teams like Hilton Head, James Island, and even Beaufort (all of them with somewhat close to the same skill with JI and HH having more in 2006) either beat or took them to at least double OT last year; and from what I understand, Wando has basically the same core from '06. Congrats to Fort on "proving" themselves against a team that contends for a state championship every year though, there is something to be said about not allowing Wando to score a goal.

K
kick off
kick off
K
i do recall that beaufort did beat james island last year and also west ashley. They also had an excellent effort against wando losing 3-2 during the last couple minutes of play during the first round. All of these teams in region 8 have an equal shot to win it.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
"In the bag"..Bollocks!

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Futbolbeast is not associated with the fort and its program and we know that every year is competetion for the region title and nothin is "in the bag" untill its all said and done on the feild region 8 is wide open for anyone to take this year

F
kick off
kick off
F
Wow, I'm sorry for that comment. I didn't realize it would cause so much controversy. I'm not saying anything is a sure thing this early on in the season, I was just providing recognition for a good game for Fort. I completely agree that Region 8 is wide open for every team. Again i apologize, and wish good luck to all the other teams in the region. And again congrats to Wando on the win.

Y
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Y
lol. Everyone was gettin all mad at you. haha. do you even play for Fort?

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
Nasty...Wando has a completely different core from last year. they actually lost 8 starters from last year and 11 total seniors.

AND YA KNOW DAT!!!
N
throw in
throw in
N
Really? For some reason I heard they kept most of their key players. But whatever, I'm not associated with their program and it doesn't really matter what they had last year because that school just seems to breed good soccer players, they will always be awesome. It's almost like they just sprout out of the ground or something. For example didn't they just pick up a good goalie from a transfer? I don't know for sure but that was the rumor. I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere but I don't feel like looking.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard