Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
World Cup
World Cup
No, Hurst. Chico is really a talking dog. Don't you get it? Hello? I'm the Kool-Aid man, he's the dog, and you're the stunning international futbol player. Geez, look at the avatars...

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
It's a Friday night sweep for North Carolina:

Charlotte Catholic 4, Fort Mill 1
Cardinal Gibbons 3, James Island 0
JT Hoggard 5, Northwestern 2
Forsythe Country Day 2, Spring Valley 1

Observations:
* Fields were in excellent condition, players & fans seemed to enjoy the complex.
* Spring Valley played hard and if luck was on their side, they could have won 5-2.
* Charlotte Catholic is a great team, it's a shame they are not matched up against Riverside.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
>>[The Poster Formerly Known As "*"] No, Hurst. Chico is really a talking dog. Don't you get it? Hello? I'm the Kool-Aid man, he's the dog, and you're the stunning international futbol player. Geez, look at the avatars...<<

A talking dog? That would just be stupid. I'm a typing dog. And the guy at the end of the leash is an idiot.

And you, sir, are no "Kool-aid man"; you are transmogrification incarnate.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Great coverage by Adam MacInnis in today's Rock Hill Herald. A photo from the FM - CC match accompanied this article:

http://www.heraldonline.com/205/story/14420.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Ahh how we love to use the Lou Holtz tactic. Growing up as a Gamecock fan I'm used to it! And then when you least expect it, there goes a mark in the win column when everyone thinks your down and out! Well done Hurst!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Mr. Bassett,

I wish we could have put up a "W" in the win column this weekend. Unfortunately, goals were at a premium. No Lou Hotlz here.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Saturday scores from the Fort Mill Invitational:

Riverside 3, Butler 0
James Island 4, JT Hoggard 1
Cardinal Gibbons 0, Lexington 0
Wando 4, Irmo 0
Forsythe Country Day 1, Northwestern 0
RJ Reynolds 4, Spring Valley 0
Riverside 3, James Island 0
Fort Mill 0, Lake Norman 0
Wando 2, Cardinal Gibbons 0
Charlotte Catholic 3, Irmo 1
Spring Valley 2, Northwestern 0
Lexington 0, Fort Mill 0

Observations:
* Unfortunate that an RJ Reynolds player suffered a compound fracture of her leg.
* James Island is a lot better than their record indicates.
* Fort Mill and Lexington are both good teams but why can't they score goals?
* Irmo played very well against Charlotte Catholic who was probably the best team in the tournament.

corner kick
corner kick
Fort Mill neutralizes another one:

Fort Mill 0
Wando 0

Spirited, physical match. Temp at kickoff 28F. Plastic grass is slippery in those conditions. FM does better then predicted, 3 draws in 4 matches, including the #1 and #2 ranked 4A teams. They don't "pack it in" either...play 3 defenders...the scores just don't come.

Doin' it the hard way...
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Thanks, Hurst66

corner kick
corner kick
Yeah...good job Hurst. I was going to do the summary of scores but you beat me to it. Hopefully they'll get updated to the scoreboard now. Had hoped that team reps and interested individuals would have contributed their respective scores by now.

Doin' it the hard way...
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard