Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
The surface looked quality from a spectators standpoint. Anyone have any inside information from the girls about the synthetic turf?

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
From what I was told by the players, they liked the field. Only comment was the ball seemed to bounce a little "funny" when it hit. Other than that it was fine. I was kind of concerned about the potential for injuries, but that didn't seem to be any worse than playing on natural turf. I can tell you this though, there were a lot more rasberries given out than on real grass.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Results from Sunday's games:

Fort Mill 0, Wando 0
Irmo 1, Northwestern 0
Lexington 1, James Island 0
Riverside 1, Spring Valley 0
Riverside 2, Irmo 0
Wando 0, Lexington 0

Observations:
* Riverside goes undefeated at 4-0 and wins the tournament.
* 8 AM Sunday matches were COLD with temp at 32 degrees at kickoff.
* Nice to meet Chico & Blind Old Ref; highlight of the tournament was closing the Town Tavern with deahler!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
What happened to Irmo against Wando?

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Final standings for the 8 South Carolina teams in the FM Invitational:

1. Riverside 4-0-0 GF 9 GA 0
2. Wando 2-0-2 GF 6 GA 0
3. Lexington 1-0-3 GF 1 GA 0
4. Fort Mill 0-1-3 GF 1 GA 4
5. James Island 1-3-0 GF 4 GA 8
6. Spring Valley 1-3-0 GF 3 GA 7
7. Irmo 1-3-0 GF 2 GA 9
8. Northwestern 0-4-0 GF 2 GA 9

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Good summary, Hurst. Thanks.

Doin' it the hard way...
corner kick
corner kick
I'm off the bench!!

Doin' it the hard way...
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Coach P, I have a feeling that YOU were the one surprised by IRMO huh??

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Here's an article from today's Rock Hill Herald. The story is accompanied by a photo of Lexington's Kelly Maupin and Wando's Sandi Hudson. Special thanks to The Herald correspondent Adam MacInnis and photographer Tracy Smith-Kimball who covered the tournament all three days.

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/14560.html

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
WOW!!!

Thanks to Coach Finnerty and the Fort Mill folks for being such great hosts. The visit to York County was special for our family on a couple of different fronts. Also, a special thanks should go out my daughter's accomodating coaches and VERY supportive teammates. It was hard for this self-procalimed "tough guy" to keep the tears from welling up in his eyes as the "Lexington Blue" rolled in like a loud wave to the Winthrop Coliseum for the second half of the Girls' North-South basketball game.

Another benefit that came out of my visit was establishing a new hangout in York County. When in the area make sure you take some time to drop by the Towne Tavern in Fort Mill. It will quickly become a place where "everybody knows your name".

As an aside, the soccer facilities were phenomenal. However, I will make one recommendation to the Lexington coaches if they go back next year. Make sure you take equipment that hasn't been in the town of Lexington or in the Lexington High School area. I picked up a sample of the turf and pellets on the fields at Manchester Meadows and was able to do some testing with it back here in Lexington. When you combine the aformentioned samples with elements found at the LHS practice fields, it creates a strange chemical reaction. Oddly enough, this is of no concern until combined with the metal and netting composition found in soccer goals. IT CREATES A MAGNETIC FORCE FIELD THAT REPELS SOCCER BALLS! Fortunately, a combination of Kira Campbell to Alicia Keel was able to break through this "force field" for one goal (probably because they lived other places prior to moving to Lexington). Also fortunately, it kept all of the teams Lexington played from scoring. Unfortunately, I feel certain it kept Lexington from scoring any other goals.

P.S. I post this last paragraph realizing I am running the risk of being declared "less than humble".

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard