Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
corner kick
corner kick
Contacting the DoC at MPSC is not going to do everything needed because, as we've discussed previously, MPSC is a facet of the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department and therefore under the jurisdiction of the Town of Mount Pleasant. Getting the rec department to give up their select programs to a privately run club is very difficult and I would imagine it wouldn't stop just at the Rec Dept., but need to go through the levels of the town government to get approved. Eventually, what would probably need to happen is for MPSC is to lose all its players before the town agrees to release the select programs to Bridge and therefore lose control over the programs entirely. I imagine it's easier to "join forces" with CUSC because the club loses no control over their players and the "prestigious" part of the player programs.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
C
Quote:

Contacting the DoC at MPSC is not going to do everything needed because, as we've discussed previously, MPSC is a facet of the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department and therefore under the jurisdiction of the Town of Mount Pleasant. Getting the rec department to give up their select programs to a privately run club is very difficult and I would imagine it wouldn't stop just at the Rec Dept., but need to go through the levels of the town government to get approved. Eventually, what would probably need to happen is for MPSC is to lose all its players before the town agrees to release the select programs to Bridge and therefore lose control over the programs entirely. I imagine it's easier to "join forces" with CUSC because the club loses no control over their players and the "prestigious" part of the player programs.

For the very reason stated upon, it will be many years before MPSC and BFA join forces. As a Mt. Pleasant resident, I don't see it in the near future. I'm confident Bridge will continue to prosper. Bridge is attracting more and more kids along the coast from Myrtle Beach to Hilton Head.

coldhardtruth #76801 05/21/07 02:42 PM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I read the posts a lot and comment seldom. Now that the MPSC and BFA have posted their U16-U18 team selections for next season, there are interesting things to note:

1) It is obvious that these 2 clubs compete for a lot of the same kids. You see a lot of the same names selected by both clubs. Wouldn't they get a commitment before posting the names? It only adds to the debate.
2) If the BFA is about selecting the "best" and concerned with developing elite players, why is the U17 girls team made up of a lot U16 players and many girls that have never played above classic level? If you compare this list to the MPSC lists, a lot of the BFA 90 Gold girls were assigned to classic teams in MPSC. It gives the appearance that BFA is more interested in numbers, which equals money to the club. If these girls are not true challenge level players, will they be competitive playing up in age and talent level? Are these kids best interests being served?
3) There were several posts concerning coaches being assigned to more than one team in MPSC. If you look back at BFA, you would see the same thing. Clark, Jason, Shilo, etc. all coached more than one team last year. They coach one team that only plays in the fall season (U15-U18) and one team that plays both seasons. In addition, it allows the best coaches to receive more pay; thus, it is easier to maintain these coaches in the clubs. The point is that a lot of clubs do this, not just MPSC.

I always find the tryouts and competition for players (and their money) intersting to watch. It always adds fuel to the debate. It will be interesting to watch as the U15 and below teams are announced in the near future.

Good luck to all next season.

beachfan #76802 05/21/07 05:01 PM
S
bench
bench
S
LCD-I also wonder why they post the names before a commitment, but I do like seeing who we would play with since it is a factor on our decision.

I would disagree with your term of "a lot" where offered classic positions w/CUSC/MPSC. The BFA 90 girls has 2 U16 players offered a classic position and 3 U17 players offered a classic position. The U17 players chosen for classic do not want to play challenge anymore as they have in the past because of the time/travel commitment. In that instance, a personal choice. As far as the 2 U16 players, maybe it's time they move up? Perhaps at CUSC/MPSC they had 3 age groups trying out for two teams instead of 3 teams, there just were not enough spots? Perhaps those 2 U16 players were sacrificed for the club to have a competitive classic team?

If all the U16 top players from CUSC/MPSC had tried out at the Bridge, there would be enough for a 2d U16 team at BFA.It appears enough U16 players tried out at CUSC/MPSC to make a challenge team. Instead, they put them on a U18 B challenge team to keep them at CUSC. Won't those U16 challenge players have to compete against true U18 challenge teams?

At BFA it appears 3-4 are also traveling from Myrtle Beach.

Time will tell if the U17 team at BFA and the U18 teams at MPSC will be competitive. I hope they will both be successful.

While I may look at the situation differently than you, I also wonder as you do...Who's best interest is being served???? The club or the player? I'm sure it's just as aggravating for the clubs not knowing who is going where.

Last edited by soccerclan; 05/21/07 10:33 PM.
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard