Next Thread
Print Thread
#76848 02/12/07 10:36 PM
L
bench
OP Offline
bench
L

As a father of three I wanted to comment on what a great time my boys had a the CUFC rec clinic this past saturday. My family has played in the SOAR league for the past few years but were invited by some firends of ours to come to the clinic put in by CUFC this past weekend. Wow! did my boys have fun. They had brought in some of the Lander University soccer players to help with the clinic and those guys were awesome players and great fun. They had a rotation of stations each of which encompassed a different facet of the game. Each group had about 15 mins a t each then moved round. It really seemed to keep the kids interested very well. At the end some of the CUFC coaches and Lander players had an exhibition 6 a side for all the kids and parents to watch. The guys who put it on were the new rec directors. They seemed to be really enthusisatic and had all the kids cheering and shouting during the final match exhibition. I checked out the rec page on the CUFC website and it seems the new guys are Jack Thompson and Rob Strickland who both played at lander University. I guess that is how they got the college players to be involved. All this was free!!. It was the first time I had been exposed to CUFC and I must say i was impreesed does anyone know if this a regular thing or just a one off.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Langley

Check the cufc website for future clinics. The dates for the summer camps are posted also.

M
brace
brace
M
Rob Strickland coaches the CUFC Elite '91 team which had the good fortune to compete against some of the highest ranked teams in the country this past season. If you watched him play, you may have noticed what an incredible shot he has. I'm sure he and his counterpart, Jack Thompson, made the training very exciting for young players striving to take their game to the next level. Welcome to Columbia United FC!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
M
brace
brace
M
If you want to give your young rec. player an additional experience you should keep an eye on the Region III East Premier league schedule. Soccer competancy in SC ranges from Recreational to Classic to Challenge to Premier.

Premier league games for U14 ('92) teams are played in the Spring culminatiing in a Spring Cup for a State title. Premier games are often played at the Columbia United FC BB&T fields.

Players competing at the Premier level play a completely different game where first touch, speed of play and vision are a requirement of every player. Watching one or two of these games just may inspire your son or daughter to work with the ball a bit more.

Spring schedules for the boys and girls leagues are as follows:

Boys:
http://www.hotstat.com/classic/division_schedule.cfm?DID=2962

Girls:
http://www.hotstat.com/classic/division_schedule.cfm?DID=2963

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.

Link Copied to Clipboard