Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#76976 02/14/07 01:47 PM
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Basketball? Not if Deahler's daughter keeps hitting those 3's!

http://www.heraldonline.com/273/story/12876.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Congrats to Lexington's Erica Deahl on being selected to play in the North-South game in the Carolinas Classic on March 17 at the Winthrop Coliseum. Should be a busy weekend for the Deahl's in York County!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Thanks Hurst . . . it's always a busy weekend in York County for the Deahl's!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Not looking good for the rest of us...
They beat Mauldin 2-0 in Viking Cup.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Lex just beat a very good Summerville team 2-1 with the Summerville goal being an own goal scored by Lexington.
Lex will have to play better tomorrow if they expect to have a chance againist Riverside.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
That's good news for Northwestern, who held Summerville to a 1-1 draw on Friday night.

Good luck to Lex. They have their nemesis Dorman and two quality 3A teams still left in the mix. Great tournament.

World Cup
World Cup
Guess the answer to this question is Riverside! Hanna took it on the chin against Riverside 5-2, and we're a good team. Lex is gotta be quality to take them to overtime.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Riverside beat us on a well executed set play off a penalty. The keeper mis-handled a spining ball that she holds on to 9 out of 10 times, and one of Riverside's players snuck free near the goal unguarded to finish it off. Nice play by Riverside. Oh well, it happens... At least maybe now we still have a chance to make a run at state, AND we are not out there in the RAIN....

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
LF, nobody in 4A has stopped you yet.....continued good luck.

S
coach
coach
S
Regarding Lexington and Riverside (the only game I was able to see); I thought that Renee Ballew at sweeper did a superb job for Riverside and saved quite a few shots. She really looked good at that position -- I'm used to seeing her in club at wing and knew she was a great athlete. Sarah Delap did her normally wonderful job at keeper; thankfully Lexington didn't give her many punts -- on the smaller field I was worried she might score by herself! I thought Riverside's coach had a great game plan and his team executed it well. Lydia Calvage did a very good job as a marking defender. And of course Austin Fagan and Sarah Jacobs at forward were quite good and when they got the ball were a danger.

These are only a few of the Riverside players that did quite well -- congratulations to them on their win in the Viking Cup.

Lexington has some tremendous athletes; what the team seems to me to need to do the most is to work on field vision and passing under pressure. As I understand it the coach has scheduled a few games with the JV boys in the past; seems like a great strategy for helping the girls get ready for an increased speed of play. If Lexington can begin playing a controlled passing-oriented style of play against pressure, they could do quite well this season. That, and a focus on executing set plays with the skill and precision that other teams do (i.e., Riverside today, Dorman last spring), seems to be continuing areas of focus for improvement.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard