Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
World Cup
World Cup
Chico, I think you forgot to put "Dear Lexington Coach:" at the top of your third paragraph!

S
coach
coach
S
Whiskey & Easy: I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to tell him or anyone what to do -- I was simply giving my observations of what I consider to be a very good team (Lexington) and an even better team as evidenced by play today (Riverside). I go to great lengths to never tell coaches how to do their jobs -- just as when I have surgery I don't tell the surgeon how to do their job.

I knew it was a mistake to post anything about any team...I like talking about clubs better anyway...so I'll go back to irritating you like I did last year by not talking about high school soccer.

S
bench
bench
S
I know first hand the Lexington coach, and he has been in this business a long time. Many people over the years have questioned his decisions in terms of player selections, strategy and how he handles himself. He has been called among other things "The Bobby Knight of girls soccer". I can tell you that he does not really care what others think about him. The rumor is he will retire after next season.

World Cup
World Cup
Well, great coach or terrible coach, as long as Lexington can keep this stud midfielder I saw healthy...they'll make it to the Upper State Championship AT LEAST. Man, she was deadly. Quick off the dribble, long range shooting ability, defensive nightmare, and offensive juggarnaut. Keera, Kila, Kuna, Kool-Aid...something like that. Maybe she can transfer mid season to Anderson...

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Come on W&E, Lex is in the business of importing, not exporting.

What's up with you???? The next thing you'll be telling me is that TL Hanna is ranked higher than Fort Mill?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
lexington soccer: Makes sense...I've always liked Bobby Knight! I heard that this was Lexington's first time playing on Sunday in the Viking Cup for quite a while; hopefully the Lexington coach won't retire and will lead them to many more of these.

Whiskey & Easy: The stud central midfielders for Lexington are the starters Alicia Keel (who had an impressive game until she was hurt), Raven Booth, and Meredith Golay. All did well. Riverside deserves their #1 ranking; they are a really tough high school team.

T
bench
bench
T
did yall know that lexington has miss teen south carolina as a starter? and i hear shes really good and a great worker for the wildcats. guess it goes to show that even preppy girls can rock ppls socks on the field and off. hardcore.. i bet shes hot too

My goal is to deny yours..
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I've got three middle school cheerleaders starting on my JV....and they are all 7th graders!

Still interested Ty Max? If you are, you're probably on the wrong website.

Please limit the scope of this discussion to SOCCER. Thanks!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
R
kick off
kick off
R
bobby knight? bobby knight?!

ok so maybe hes got the mad part down but bobby knight has won a bunch who couldnt win with what the lex coach has & he still loses the big 1s

i saw him throw a trashcan here & show no class so that part of bobby kneight i get. next year wears a suit but we all remember

lf - last year i said lex wouldnt do good & i was wrong okay. this year lex will of course do gr8 but will they win state? not with bobby kneight coaching. i like the lex players i saw last year - keep is good & 1 is really gr8 - but dont think much of hte coach

ps saw shannon bigbe play at usc u know the 1 who the lex coach ran off wonder who next u cant tell me the best players want to play 4 him: for s aikne sake i hope its that player that killed us last year

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
r4sc- Please type in Microsoft Word and transfer so that you can use spell check. Actually please just refrain from posting.

Other posters-
Have you ever talked to the Lexington coach? He's a pretty nice guy, and very qualified. The "Bobby Knight" moments that I have seen have been due to him feeling the ref's were not protecting players. I want my childs coach to do what ever they have to to protect my child.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard