Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
goal
goal
S
Well I guess the decision has been made and the 92 Bridge Gold team is given the 2nd seed in the state cup. A third place team from 2006 cup play, 2nd place in the SCSCL and Last place in premier league wins out in seeding. So I guess it wasn't explained very well.

goal
goal
Soccer16, where are you getting your information from? I thought you had finally caught up on some of your other stats, though - the Bridge FA 92 Gold team did NOT finish third in the 06 Cup. And, the Spring 07 Premier League is not over yet.

Where is seeding for the 07 Cup listed?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Just to clarify what Belligerent has been alluding to, here are the top 4 teams from the Spring 2006 U13 Boys State Challenge Cup:
1. CESA 92 Boys Premier
2. Tega Cay 92 Boys Gold
3. Bridge FA 92 Boys Red
4. LCSC Lightning

BFA Red finished 3rd. BFA Gold lost in the first round.

S
goal
goal
S
Sorry, I don't know my colors yet! The Bridge team that is currently playing in SCSCL and Premier League finished third in last years state cup and second in this season's SCSCL. They have scheduled the games for both Bridge and CESA waiting on the outcome of this weekends games to finalize the schedule. The seeding doesn't really matter but the rules should read that the #1 & #2 seeds are only gauranteed for those teams who earned their respective spot into the premier league and default to the common opponents or Challange League results for seeding.

goal
goal
Soccer16, did you fall on your head?

I will try yet again...the Bridge FA 92 Gold team - yes, the same one currently playing in SCSCL and Premier League did NOT finish third in last year's state cup. Period.

SCYSA has scheduled first-round games for Bridge, CESA AND CUFC Elite BECAUSE, based on the matches already played, points earned, and matches remaining, the first, second and third place seeds are locked in.

But, I see NO where that it states that Bridge is seeded 2nd and CUFC Elite 3rd.

Did any of that sink in?

S
goal
goal
S
Ok, Then this just got even more confusing. If the current team was knocked out in the first round and didn't even finish third in state cup how did they get the permiership? Were all teams ahead of their finish in the state cup offered the choice? CUFC Elite's game has not been scheduled only CESA Premier and Bridge. Based on the opposition those positions (CESA & Bridge) make up the #1 and #2 seeds. Your comments regarding Bridge gold not even finishing 3rd in state cup play last year make it even harder to understand why they would be given the #2 seed. Or can these games already scheduled still be changed.

goal
goal
If you look at the CUFC Elite page (http://scysa.demosphere.com/teams/6041234/6144041-6041310/TEAM.html) at the very bottom, they have a game (#1757) scheduled for Sat May 12 @ 1:00pm versus an unknown team at Midlands Orthopedic (NECSA)#2

AGAIN, the Bridge team has NOT been given the #2 seed.

I thought you were in all the discussions on the board when names were being bounced around for the Premier slot. If you really would like to know how the slot was decided, send me a note, and I'll try and explain - I'd rather not put everyone else on the board through that whole thing again.

S
goal
goal
S
No, I don't want to go their either.

I concer that CUFC Elite has a game scheduled against an unknown opponent but both CESA Premier & Bridge's opponents have been identified. CESA Permier plays CUFC Challange and Bridge is playing CESA Challange. CUFC's opponent has not been scheduled yet due to upcoming's weekend games affecting the other three positions. So I don't think the seedings have been formally announced but all indications point to CESA being #1 and Bridge being #2.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Good game to BFA and MPSC last night. Best of luck to both in the State Cup.

goal
goal
Soccer16, you are starting to scare me.

Take a deep breath and relax. Now, look carefully at the Bridge team's schedule. They play THIS weekend (May 6) against CESA Challenge - the last regular season game for both teams.

The first round of playoffs start NEXT weekend (May 12). Bridge and CUFC Elite are BOTH scheduled against unknown opponents.

AGAIN, looking at total points, upcoming matches, and doing the math, there is NO possible way for CUFC Challenge to climb out of last place. they have zero points and two more games to play. CESA Challenge has nine points with one more game to play. So, even if CUFC Challenge won their last two matches, thus earning eight points, they would STILL be one short of tying with CESA Challenge. They are guaranteed the last spot.

If my numbers are correct, the 6th spot (7th seed) is locked-in, also. CESA Challenge is seven points shy of Tega Cay with one game remaining - no chance of them moving up.

As I see it, the 3, 4 and 5 slots (4, 5, and 6 seeds) are the only ones that can possibly change this weekend.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard