Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#77515 02/23/07 03:13 AM
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Expect CUFC Elite '92 to continue to strengthen through Spring league and tournament participation in preparation for a showdown with CESA Premier '92 for the coveted title of State Champion. CESA Premier '92 is a well coached, disciplined, tactical team with a great track record to date. CUFC Elite '92 is also a well coached team with strong, fast players who have demonstrated continued improvement in the areas of building team chemistry and tactical skills with every match. It's great to see CESA Premier '92 get off to such a great start in the Premier League with two wins. SC needs to continue to develop players, teams and clubs capable of producing teams able to compete in Region III east and beyond. Strong competition makes everyone better. GO CUFC ELITE '92!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Congrats to the Bridge FA 92 Boys. They have been playing without there starting keeper and using a field player in the goal for the past four games, Premier included.

Score from yesterday.
Bridge FA 5 - Tega Cay 0
Bridge FA 4 - Columbia Challenge 0

P
kick off
kick off
P
Kudos to CUFC Challenge '92! They played several men down throughout the game and lost their starting goalie during the game vs. BFA 92 Gold. The CUFC players never let their heads drop-they kept talking and working the field the entire game. These players demonstrated the spirit of the game and showed true teamwork. It was a pleasure to be a spectator.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
That sounds like tough road for the boys. Glad to hear they kept their heads up. They need to get out and recruit some new players if they're short. How about pulling in a few JV players who aren't playing club ball?

S
goal
goal
S
Why were they playing down several men? It looks like Bridges win's aren't that impressive. Playing without your starting goalie is part of the game. It happens to most teams at one time or another. There are not too many teams carrying two full time goalies. They seem to all use a field player to fill the injury. This coming weekend will be interesting.

I am proud of those young men on the '92 "Palmetto" team. They are enduring a difficult time in the transition. Hopefully the club will consider promoting some in the fall.

C
kick off
kick off
C
5-0 and 4-0 are plenty impressive in soccer - even at this level. Both opponents are good teams - and while I didn't see the games, I'm betting the BFA team took their foot off the gas in at least one of these games.

S
goal
goal
S
You are correct! Better said they weren't as impressive as my first read. They are good wins and I would agree with you that they probably took their foot off the gas and got alot of players some good PT. That is one item toward building a quality team. I would still like to know CUFC was playing down men?

P
kick off
kick off
P
I believe they had players that were sick (pneumonia?), injured and a few that may have quit to play JV.

J
throw in
throw in
J
CF,

No letting off on the gas I can tell you. This team is solid and their back four is tough.

goal
goal
Cole,

I just noticed an interesting addition to the MP roster - tell me it ain't so! Although the boy won't be able to play in any cup games, I'm sure he will do his part in getting you guys there.

Don't remember seeing him this past weekend - will he be playing at Patriots Point this coming weekend? I have to admit I am extremely jealous.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Belligerent... I assume your comment is based on a player that played up in the fall and played State Cup.

Does anyone besides me think this is a stupid rule? If he/she can play the season then he/she should be able to play the Cup.

To me is an all or nothing deal.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I can neither confirm nor deny, seriously. Agree he would be a great addition to a great group of young men. Good luck to all this year.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
The rule regarding playing up and dropping down to age between the Fall season and Spring season is in place to prevent a player from impacting the outcome of two state cup bids.

hat-trick
hat-trick
The rule is simply that a player can only play in one State Cup per seasonal year. A player can transfer to a younger team and play in the Spring season, but cannot play again in the Spring State Cup if they played in the Fall Cup.

goal
goal
futbol, I agree that it should be all or nothing. While I would love to have an additional player this season who has had experience playing against older (and presumably stronger and faster) players in the Fall, I would also not like for our boys to have to play against that same player.

All that player is really doing for your team is potentially helping them gain a higher (and very possibly unrealistic) seeding for the playoffs.

G
throw in
throw in
G
could someone provide the link to the above referenced rule, please. thanks.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F

S
goal
goal
S
Predictions for the weekend anyone?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Prediction:
CUFC Elite '92 vs Bridge 3-1
CUFC Elite '92 vs Mt. Pleasant 4-0

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Manchester......pls be sure to post scores as soon as you can.

S
goal
goal
S
It is going to be fairly cold and windy tomorrow.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Bridge FA Gold 1, CUFC Elite 0 ... Word is this was a fairly even match, but somewhat rough with CUFC being carded for rough play and verbal abuse. Just tough watching a team with the talent of CUFC Elite go down the tubes with no coaching adjustments (player positioning, sub patterns, etc.).

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
You got it right on this one. The coach of the CUFC team caused them the game today. Some of the decisions on the subs were rookie in nature. This team with its many talent and potential might be too much for him.
Bridge played a good game, they absorbed the pressure in the first 15 minutes of the game and made them pay on a very good counter attack.
After some of the substitutions by the coach, Bridge controlled the tempo of the game, and could have won the game by a three goal margin.

S
throw in
throw in
S
CUFC Elite 2, Mt. Pleasant White 2 ... Sigh

kick off
kick off
MPSC 2 - CUFC 2
MPSC 1-0 at the half, CUFC came back with a nice run-of-play score to knot it at 1-1 then CUFC went ahead 2-1 with a pk, MPSC drew the score even with about five minutes left.
Both teams were evenly matched.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Dining on CROW is one of my least favorite meals after a day of competitive soccer, but when my prediction for convincing wins over Bridge and MPSC failed to transpire today I had no choice but to prepare the disgusting bird for the grill when I got home.

Congrats to Bridge and MPSC for bringing competitive soccer to the pitch today. No doubt, our team still has much to do before I can make further predictions.

Looking forward to the rematches.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Manchester,

Throw some hot sauce on and you'll be fine. Hang in there and don't worry about it.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
SoccerIsLife,

I respectfully submit that substitutions had little to do with the way CUFC played today in both games. The bottom line is the team demonstrated an inability to consistently mount and execute a strategic game plan regardless of who was on the pitch or how the substitutions were made. It's obvious to this parent that every player on the pitch needs to understand their unique strengths and weaknesses within the context of their team. When the players decide to take ownership for the execution of their shape, touch, effort and mental toughness during every minute of the match you'll see a great team performance. Until then, they'll be average at best.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Hot Sauce and Crow! We could be on to a new franchise idea. How about The Saucey Crow for a name? It kind of has a catchy ring to it.

S
goal
goal
S
It looks like CUFC gets a rematch with MPSC this Saturday. Has the sauce marinated enough for CUFC to get a win? Good luck to all!!!!

goal
goal
Soccer16, sorry, but unless there is some unofficial match set to be played, I think you might have read the schedule wrong - CUFC U14 Boys Elite don't play MPSC U14 Boys until April 21.

S
goal
goal
S
I believe they are playing Saturday morning in the St. Patrick's Day Cup at CUFC. MPSC 92 Boys White is listed on the schedule.

goal
goal
Soccer16, sorry again...wasn't even thinking about non-league play, or just plain wasn't thinking...

S
goal
goal
S
Does anyone have any insight into the Bridge vs. CESA challange game this weekend? I thought Bridge would have scored more than once.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Bridge played two premier games before playing against CESA Challenge. They were still able to win the game; they missed a lot of chances from what I heard. Tired legs!!
Still a good result, for Bridge; state cup would be very interesting.

S
goal
goal
S
What good matchups are coming this weekend?

A
bench
bench
A
any expectations on bridge fa in the up coming weeks when they have to play two demanding premier games and then play the very cocky cufc elite??? im curious in these upcoming premier weekends for the two south carolina teams

C
bench
bench
C
CUFC 2
BFA 0

it was 0-0 at half. with about 20 minutes left CUFC took a goal kick, it went over the last defender and #16 sloted it home. with about 10 minutes left Bridge had a corner with only one defender dropped, CUFC cleared it and #12 put it away. Bridge didnt have one good chance and the CUFC defence shut down Bridge's direct play.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
CUFC was also short two starters. Well done on stepping up to the Challenge boys. Prepare to do it again during State Cup.

S
throw in
throw in
S
CUFC was short 4 players! I think that shows the balance across the CUFC lineup no matter who plays and is a tribute to all 17 kids and their hard work! Great win.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Soccer Parent,

I stand corrected and apologize for the oversight. As you said, the team was short four players as two are now injured and two are on a school trip. Every player on the roster contributes to the success or failure of a team and I should have thought more carefully before making the statement that two starters were missing. Congrats again on the wins for the team.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Congratulations to CUFC for their Challenge game win over the Bridge.

Most of all congratulations to the players and parents of the CUFC team for demonstrating class. The CUFC team was "gunning" for the Bridge team but when the game was said and done there was no excessive celebration by the parents or CUFC team. It was a tough weekend for the bridge boys and I for one appreciated the restraint and sportsmanship demonstrated by the club.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Pockets,

Well said and your comments are appreciated. Good sportsmanship in the face of excellent competition is the standard we as parents should expect from ourselves as well as our kids. Well done on both sides of the ball.

goal
goal
Manchester, you've seen both Bridge FA and Mt. Pleasant up close and personal recently - care to make a prediction regarding tomorrow's matchup in Summerville?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
I think Bridge is without question a better team than MPSC. In addition to being better from a shear talent perspective, I expect they'll be pretty dangerous after suffering three losses over this past weekend. Knowing some of your players like I do, I'm predicting they'll come out fired up and take care of business. Bridge wins by 2.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Bridge 1 MPSC 0

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The league is wide open. All eyes on the state-cup seedings

C
bench
bench
C
If CUFC wins their last two games they will win the league. CUFC will get the number 2 seeding because of CUFC beat Bridge 2-0 and Bridge beat CUFC only 1-0

S
bench
bench
S
That is NOT necessarily true Charles....

In the case of ties within a division the following tie breaking procedures will be used for qualifying matches only:
1. Winner of head-to-head competition. (This criteria is not used in more than two teams are tied. See below.)
2. Most wins.
3. Team with greatest net goal difference (NGD) which his computed as “goals for” minus “goals against” with a maximum
of 4 NGD per game.
4. Team with the least goals against (there is NO limit on the number of goals that will be counted to determine this
tiebreaker).
5. Team with the most goals (maximum of goals per game).
6. Coin toss.

So there is more to be determined than just CUFC winning their last two games.

Best of luck to ALL teams in this division.

S
goal
goal
S
Then under #3 Bridge will need to make up for 6 goals they are short in three games. CUFC still has 2 games remaining and there is a max of 4 goals per game. That is a very tall order for Bridge. I don't think it matters much because the #2 & #3 seeds will be in the same bracket anyway. If you look at the schedule the GD4 relates to the #3 tie breaker. If CUFC wins out Bridge would have basically 1 game to make up the difference. Although, not insurmountable it is a long shot.

S
bench
bench
S
Not aware of the particulars, just pointing out that head to head goal difference was not the tie breaker.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I am not sure the Level of play is the Same in the SCSCL as in the Premier League. So to make the Assumption that CUFC Elite and BFA are ready for the CESA premier Team may be a little wishful thinking. But good luck either way.

goal
goal
SCCRMOM, I believe Charles (and others) are talking about the regular Challenge League season, i.e., prior to the finals. Bridge and CUFC could both win the "regular season," but would only be seeded as high as #2 going into the playoffs (not sure if that is exactly correct or not). I don't think anyone is counting out CESA Premier, nor saying they will be a walk in the park.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Wouldn't the #1 and 2 seeds be CESA and Bridge Gold since they are playing Premier? Why would Bridge Gold not be seeded 2 since they are playing premier? Just curious...

S
goal
goal
S
From the SCYSA website:

The teams (two maximum) playing in the Region III Premier League will be seeded one (1) or two (2) based on their winning percentage against common opponents in the Region III Premier League and the first six (6) teams from the SCSCL will be seeded three (3) through eight (8).

Nothing against Bridge but to place the third placed team from the 2006 Challange season which is also now the 2007 second placed team as a number two seed is just not right. Then throw in the fact that Bridge has earned no points in Premier league play. I blame all of this on the "evil empire" out of Greenville. They confused everything!

Again, I don't think it will matter except which uniforms the kids will wear! Good luck to all!

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
What did the evil empire out of Greenville do to confuse things?

goal
goal
Soccer16, I believe your "just not right" information is just not right. Since the Bridge team did not "earn" their spot into the Premier League like CESA Premier did, i.e., being #1 or #2 in the league at the end of the 2006 Spring season, they do not get an automatic seed in the playoffs like CESA Premier does. CESA Premier will be seeded #1 in the playoffs. The #2 spot is currently up for grabs.

Besides, which of the seasons in 2006 are you talking about the Bridge team ending up #3? And, regarding the Spring 2007 season, it's not over yet.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
After JV ends this week, it'll be time to focus on the U14 brass ring. Best of luck to all as they prepare for State.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Belligerent, I'm inclined to think your take on the seeding situation is accurate. CESA Premier comes in as #1 seed and the outcome of the final two games for CUFC and Bridge will determine the #2 seed.

S
goal
goal
S
I hope you all are correct but where in the rules does it state anything about earning your way into premier league and that fact changing the seeding for the cup?

Scotland - Catch Up! CESA secured the services of Tega Cay's two best players (argueable) which influenced Tega Cay's decision to decline the premiership offer. This opened the door for Bridge who finished 3rd in the state cup last spring to accept playing in the permier league. Please note that I use the "evil Empire" in jest as I respect what CESA has done as a club. It is just so much fun to get those in the upstate all riled up!

B-You are correct in that it was the cup they finished 3rd not the season and MPSC still has the ability to finish 2nd if they win out. No slight just and oversight! We will be pulling for MPSC next Tuesday night! That game will be big for Bridge in terms of there future premier league status. The winner of that game would likely gain the 2nd spot. If Bridge loses and falls to third (assumption) the 3rd place team (in the season) would play CESA prior to the final. This then gives rise to the question that MPSC may get the short end of the stick if the seeding issue is not based on head to head competition. That too would be a shame!

hat-trick
hat-trick
From what I can tell, Bridge should get the 2nd seed based on Premier League play.

The Challenge League rules say the following:

"a. Seeding for the SCSCL playoff will be based on each team’s league standings (Region III Premier League or SCSCL)
for game results completed when the SCYSA calendar date indicates that Challenge league play ends. The teams (two
maximum) playing in the Region III Premier League will be seeded one (1) or two (2) based on their winning percentage
against common opponents in the Region III Premier League and the first six (6) teams from the SCSCL will be seeded
three (3) through eight (8)."

A document on the SCYSA Website entitled "Challenge/Premier League Outline" states the following:

"If you are a SCYSA State Challenge Cup Winner or 2nd Place Winner, then you will be asked to play in the Region III
Premier League. If 1st or 2nd place decline the opportunity, then 3rd place will be asked. These teams must be comprised of the number of players listed in the chart below from the prior years 1st or 2nd place team. These two teams will be seeded 1st and 2nd in SCYSA State Challenge Cup based of their league record."

I can find no mention of the 2nd Premier team being seeded by Challenge League results rather than by Premier League participation.

S
bench
bench
S
Soccer16 it would appear that Mt Pleasant needs alot more than just a victory over Bridge to step over them in the standings. As it stands right now, Bridge has 29 points with 3 games to play and Mt Pleasant has 19 points with 3 games to play. To overtake Bridge, Mt Pleasant would need to win all of their remaining games to earn 12 points thus giving them 31 total, then Bridge would have to lose at least 2 of their games with no better than a tie in the other giving them 30 points(with the tie). If Bridge wins one game or ties 2 games, they eliminate Mt Pleasant from any 2nd place scenario.

goal
goal
Coach P and Soccer16, sorry, but you are both getting your Bridge teams mixed up.

Soccer16, why do you say "MPSC may get the short end of the stick if the seeding issue is not based on head to head competition?" How would head to head competition help Mt. Pleasant in seeding?

Coach P, while what you have quoted seems fairly straightforward, I can tell you that SCYSA made it very clear that the Bridge team would be earning their seeding in the Challenge playoffs based on their Challenge League record.

S
goal
goal
S
Hey, I think seeding should be based on the head to head competition. I guess I missed where SCYSA made it clear that Bridge would need to earn their seeding.

Now if seeding were based on the league (premier) rather than head to head and MPSC wins out and Bridge loses all their remaing games (unlikely) MPSC would get the short stick as Bridge would get the 2nd seed because they play premier.

Say it ain't so! Belligerent just did! Good luck to all!

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
In normal circumstances, the two teams playing Premier would enter State Cup as one and two based on their Premier winning percentage as stated in another post. However, since Bridge is playing the Premier and Challenge leagues I have to assume the Challenge record will influence the seeding as Belligerent says they were told it would.

I'm going to go against my respected friend on my side of the CUFC isle and pull for Bridge to beat MPSC instead of the other way around. Bridge is a better team and should be seeded higher going into State.

If CUFC '92 Elite enters State Cup as a third seed then we get an earlier shot at CESA Premier. Not a big deal. The boys are taking the games one at a time and look forward to proving they have the ability to win at a higher level.

goal
goal
Soccer16, I think you and I must be on different channels. I am NOT saying that the Bridge team's Premier record will affect their seeding in the playoffs. Their Premier record (as I understand it) will have NOTHING to do with how they are seeded in the playoffs.

Also, your definition of head to head and mine must be a little different. In my mind, when someone says HtoH, they are talking about two teams' records against each other, e.g., HtoH, Bridge is one-up on Mt. Pleasant at the moment. After Tuesday's game, either Bridge will be 2-0 head to head with Mt. Pleasant, or the two teams will be even. Typically, you use the term head to head when in a tie-breaking situation.

I don't think you really missed anything about SCYSA's stance on how the Bridge team will be seeded - it might not even be written down anywhere - but, it was made clear to certain people.

Now, did I make that clear as mud?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Manchester:
Quote:

If CUFC '92 Elite enters State Cup as a third seed then we get an earlier shot at CESA Premier. Not a big deal.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think there is a difference between the 2nd and 3rd seed as far as when they will face the #1 seed. If seeds 2 and 3 win their first round matches, they will face each other in the semi-finals. Neither #2 or #3 would face the #1 team until the finals.

Last edited by Coach P; 04/27/07 01:02 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P and Soccer16, sorry, but you are both getting your Bridge teams mixed up.

Not sure what this means. I was referring to Bridge FA 92 Gold boys.

S
goal
goal
S
I think it is almost cement now! It will all clear up by the time games are played. I see your point on head to head and will consider that in the future.

Manchester, How dare you go against me! I too believe that Bridge is the better team but with all this supposition I may have gotten confused. I am just going to shut up and take pictures!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P, while what you have quoted seems fairly straightforward, I can tell you that SCYSA made it very clear that the Bridge team would be earning their seeding in the Challenge playoffs based on their Challenge League record.

I understand what you are saying. I had just understood that rule applied to a third SC team playing Premier like the U16 DSC team this past fall. Not a second Premier team who was invited to play Premier because the 1st or 2nd team declined to play.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Coach P,

You're probably right about that. Either way CUFC Elite '92 will take care of business one game at a time.

goal
goal
Coach P, EXACTLY! You are currently discussing the BFA 92 Boys Gold, but are referring to the record of another team.

goal
goal
Manchester, that is soooo boring - you should try TWO games at a time!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P, EXACTLY! You are currently discussing the BFA 92 Boys Gold, but are referring to the record of another team.

Belligerent:
What makes you think I was referring to another team's record? I do not believe I made reference to any team's record. I simply said, "From what I can tell, Bridge should get the 2nd seed based on Premier League play." According to HotStat, Bridge FA 92 Gold Boys are playing in the Premier League this season.

Last edited by Coach P; 04/28/07 12:10 AM.
goal
goal
Coach P, you quoted from a document on the SCYSA Website that "If 1st or 2nd place decline the opportunity, then 3rd place will be asked."

When you mentioned that, who were you referring to?

hat-trick
hat-trick
I see now. I stand corrected.

goal
goal
No big deal. Seems like, as specific as the document is, it doesn't really cover this situation. Maybe it's written that way on purpose.

C
Goal
Goal
C
BFA - 2 MPSC 1

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Well done Bridge. Looking forward to State Cup.

B
goal
goal
B
This age group is looking eerily familiar to the current U16 Boys. Barring any first round upsets, the 2 vs 3, second round game should prove to be very exciting as a RIII PL berth will be on the line.

S
goal
goal
S
Well I guess the decision has been made and the 92 Bridge Gold team is given the 2nd seed in the state cup. A third place team from 2006 cup play, 2nd place in the SCSCL and Last place in premier league wins out in seeding. So I guess it wasn't explained very well.

goal
goal
Soccer16, where are you getting your information from? I thought you had finally caught up on some of your other stats, though - the Bridge FA 92 Gold team did NOT finish third in the 06 Cup. And, the Spring 07 Premier League is not over yet.

Where is seeding for the 07 Cup listed?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Just to clarify what Belligerent has been alluding to, here are the top 4 teams from the Spring 2006 U13 Boys State Challenge Cup:
1. CESA 92 Boys Premier
2. Tega Cay 92 Boys Gold
3. Bridge FA 92 Boys Red
4. LCSC Lightning

BFA Red finished 3rd. BFA Gold lost in the first round.

S
goal
goal
S
Sorry, I don't know my colors yet! The Bridge team that is currently playing in SCSCL and Premier League finished third in last years state cup and second in this season's SCSCL. They have scheduled the games for both Bridge and CESA waiting on the outcome of this weekends games to finalize the schedule. The seeding doesn't really matter but the rules should read that the #1 & #2 seeds are only gauranteed for those teams who earned their respective spot into the premier league and default to the common opponents or Challange League results for seeding.

goal
goal
Soccer16, did you fall on your head?

I will try yet again...the Bridge FA 92 Gold team - yes, the same one currently playing in SCSCL and Premier League did NOT finish third in last year's state cup. Period.

SCYSA has scheduled first-round games for Bridge, CESA AND CUFC Elite BECAUSE, based on the matches already played, points earned, and matches remaining, the first, second and third place seeds are locked in.

But, I see NO where that it states that Bridge is seeded 2nd and CUFC Elite 3rd.

Did any of that sink in?

S
goal
goal
S
Ok, Then this just got even more confusing. If the current team was knocked out in the first round and didn't even finish third in state cup how did they get the permiership? Were all teams ahead of their finish in the state cup offered the choice? CUFC Elite's game has not been scheduled only CESA Premier and Bridge. Based on the opposition those positions (CESA & Bridge) make up the #1 and #2 seeds. Your comments regarding Bridge gold not even finishing 3rd in state cup play last year make it even harder to understand why they would be given the #2 seed. Or can these games already scheduled still be changed.

goal
goal
If you look at the CUFC Elite page (http://scysa.demosphere.com/teams/6041234/6144041-6041310/TEAM.html) at the very bottom, they have a game (#1757) scheduled for Sat May 12 @ 1:00pm versus an unknown team at Midlands Orthopedic (NECSA)#2

AGAIN, the Bridge team has NOT been given the #2 seed.

I thought you were in all the discussions on the board when names were being bounced around for the Premier slot. If you really would like to know how the slot was decided, send me a note, and I'll try and explain - I'd rather not put everyone else on the board through that whole thing again.

S
goal
goal
S
No, I don't want to go their either.

I concer that CUFC Elite has a game scheduled against an unknown opponent but both CESA Premier & Bridge's opponents have been identified. CESA Permier plays CUFC Challange and Bridge is playing CESA Challange. CUFC's opponent has not been scheduled yet due to upcoming's weekend games affecting the other three positions. So I don't think the seedings have been formally announced but all indications point to CESA being #1 and Bridge being #2.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Good game to BFA and MPSC last night. Best of luck to both in the State Cup.

goal
goal
Soccer16, you are starting to scare me.

Take a deep breath and relax. Now, look carefully at the Bridge team's schedule. They play THIS weekend (May 6) against CESA Challenge - the last regular season game for both teams.

The first round of playoffs start NEXT weekend (May 12). Bridge and CUFC Elite are BOTH scheduled against unknown opponents.

AGAIN, looking at total points, upcoming matches, and doing the math, there is NO possible way for CUFC Challenge to climb out of last place. they have zero points and two more games to play. CESA Challenge has nine points with one more game to play. So, even if CUFC Challenge won their last two matches, thus earning eight points, they would STILL be one short of tying with CESA Challenge. They are guaranteed the last spot.

If my numbers are correct, the 6th spot (7th seed) is locked-in, also. CESA Challenge is seven points shy of Tega Cay with one game remaining - no chance of them moving up.

As I see it, the 3, 4 and 5 slots (4, 5, and 6 seeds) are the only ones that can possibly change this weekend.

S
goal
goal
S
I'm not worthy! You are correct and I need to get back to work! It does look like the seeding has not been determined yet.

B
throw in
throw in
B
I'd love to hear how Bridge Gold got in Premier. Always figured it was their director.

C
bench
bench
C
I don't think that CUFC under 14 boys would have been ready for the premier league at the begining of the spring season but as the season went on i think that they would be able to hold there own against the premier teams.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
CUFC Elite '92 have real potential but have fallen prey to inconsistent execution on both sides of the ball. Having vision and a passion for excellence with every touch is a requirement when it comes to strategically executing a game plan. When these boys play "their" game, they are a very good team. I'm hopeful they will continue to come together in preparation for State Cup and peak at the right time by doing just that. Best of luck CUFC Elite '92 in your quest for your first State title!

Last edited by Manchester; 05/06/07 10:29 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
CUFC was unofficially (?) given the #2 seed with it's 1st round game being scheduled against CESA Challange team. The next two weeks are going to be alot of fun to watch unfold. Good luck to all the teams participating!

C
Goal
Goal
C
I guess that solves the seeding issues. Good luck to everyone.

goal
goal
Soccer16, it really hurts that you doubted me...

S
goal
goal
S
I never doubted you but my life experiences have caused me to be skeptical.

S
goal
goal
S
Surprisingly no chatter about the upcoming State Cup. First round games are on this weekend. What are the predicitions? If I remember correctly MPSC loses a scoring threat at the state cup and injuries are always of concern. Good Luck to all!

C
Goal
Goal
C
I think most people are just waiting until the 1st round is over.

goal
goal
And, Manchester probably still has a nasty taste in his mouth from the meal he had after his first prediction.

World Cup
World Cup
Manchester, does your son play for Irmo as well? I saw your Savitz comments and you're always promoting CUFC in every post. Good to see such enthusiasm from an old goat! You're an inspirtation! You're always talking about executing a gameplan as well. Yearn to coach?

S
throw in
throw in
S
CUFC Elite 2, CESA Challenge 0 ... 2-0 at halftime ... play controlled by CUFC on what turned out to be a very hot, humid morning/midday.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Thankfully, I'm not an "old goat" physically but happy to accept your reference as such as a compliment.

My son does play in the Irmo program and I'd love to coach at some level if I were not a full time Dad serving the needs of an aspiring young player.

Happy to say our boys made it through the first round today and are now setting their sites on next Saturday.

K
bench
bench
K
soccer16, Bridge got the premier spot because my team thought that we couldnt handle the tought competition of the premier league after losing 2 of our best players to CESA so bridge took it happily, it obviously pisses me off and now the teams falling apart so you probably wont see a tega cay u14 next year

S
goal
goal
S
That is why I blamed all this confusion on the evil empire! I hate to hear that your team is having difficulty. Losing 2 very good players definitely hurt Tega Cay this season. Remember the end of your season is very fresh so maybe by tryouts some kids will change their minds.

K
bench
bench
K
thanks man you are right but i'd be suprised if they have a team next season, or at least one that'll win a few games in challenge

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
kcr4ray,

The loss of two key players to CESA last year after your team finished as a finalist at the U13 level is simply an example of what can happen when talented players want to compete at a higher level. Your team failed to achieve the objective of winning a State title and two of your players decided it was best for them personally to play with CESA Premier.

While situations like this are painful for everyone, there is always a silver lining in every cloud. I recommend you and your teammates get together to evaluate what each of you did right and did wrong this season. If you love the game as it sounds like you do then you'll likely decide you can each work harder individually to develop your personal skills away from the practices you have each week. Ask yourself how many times you and your teammates watched Premier level games to learn from better players and teams.

Become a leader or find a leader who can build a team of hard working committed players who are willing to essentially walk thru fire to win a game and you'll likely find yourself in a very competitive environment. If that environment doesn't inspire you and motivate you to be a better player everytime you lace up then you are in the wrong place.

Don't give up on the game and never give up on your dream. Anything worth having takes a huge level of commitment and sacrifice. Keep your chin up and always give it your very best shot.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard