Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7753 05/31/02 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The time has cme, its been 4 years, long enough, first game was played today, and a BIG upset France and Senegal, it was Senegals first apperance in the World Cup, and already their first win. They took France by surprise beating them 1-0. A goal came in the 30th minute and it was a lucky one. A shot bouncing of the keepers hand, then foot, and back to the origional shooter, who was laying on the ground, and put it home. If this game wasa foreshadow of what to come, i cant waitto see the next games. This truly is the best sport in the world....

#7754 06/02/02 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a horrible game, the goal Senegal scored was totally lucky. Then after they scored it, they started what seemed to be a 7-2-1 formation. Even with this retardly stupid defense france was beating them down. Everyone knows what games like that are, completely dominating a team but not being able to put any goals in. If this is what the other games are like this WC will suck.

Ireland 1 - Cameroon 1:
was a good match, I predict Cameroon will win this group over Germany, Ireland will most likely not make it to round 2

Denmark 2 - Uruguay 1:
was a good match, both teams will give France a good run

Germany 8 - Saudi Arabia 0:
bad match, the Saudi's were badly out classed

#7755 06/02/02 04:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone who watched the Germany game this morning upset w/ESPN for showing the result of the Cameroon/Ireland game that hadn't been televised yet. I was angry b/c I didn't want to know the score, but I guess those geniuses at ESPN know what they're doin.

#7756 06/02/02 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was on at 2:30 AM on the Spanish channel that is where I watched it.

#7757 06/02/02 09:27 PM
Brace
Brace
Two things- first, yes i am upset theat ESPN is showing the scores. They should do the same thing the ydo with the Olympics. Play some music or something until the scores are done.

Second- Yusef, are you crazy? Germany will beat Cameroon by at least 2-0 or 3-1. If France had Zinedene Zedane, the game would have been vastly different. Yes, they got a lucky goal; however, what was the final score? There is no place on the score sheet for "lucky goals". Cameroon was totally disorganized and showed very little skill in their loss to Argentina. That game have easily been 3-4 to 0. Like most African teams, they are fast and fun to watch b/c they try a lot of stuff other teams don't, but they lack organization and skill that even the US team has. Cameroon will lose to Germany, finish second in the group and lose to Spain in the second round.

Germany is hitting on all cylinders. Yes they were playing Saudi but they put a hurting on the US (5-0). They had the one bad loss to England in qualifying. Look for Germany to surprise a lot of "experts".

#7758 06/02/02 09:29 PM
Brace
Brace
Two things- first, yes i am upset theat ESPN is showing the scores. They should do the same thing the ydo with the Olympics. Play some music or something until the scores are done.

Second- Yusef, are you crazy? Germany will beat Cameroon by at least 2-0 or 3-1. If France had Zinedene Zedane, the game would have been vastly different. Yes, they got a lucky goal; however, what was the final score? There is no place on the score sheet for "lucky goals". Cameroon was totally disorganized and showed very little skill in their loss to Argentina. That game have easily been 3-4 to 0. Like most African teams, they are fast and fun to watch b/c they try a lot of stuff other teams don't, but they lack organization and skill that even the US team has. Cameroon will lose to Germany, finish second in the group and lose to Spain in the second round.

Germany is hitting on all cylinders. Yes they were playing Saudi but they put a hurting on the US (5-0). They had the one bad loss to England in qualifying. Look for Germany to surprise a lot of "experts".

#7759 06/02/02 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the group USA is in, who is the better team between America and Portugal? I am a big fan for the American team and I hope they come out first. Good luck guys. I also heard Italy is a big favorite to win this year. If USA is 2nd in their group, they'll probably have to play Italy. Does USA have any chance of making it past the second round?

#7760 06/02/02 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First- When did Germany beat the US 5-0? Last I saw the Germans defeated the United States 4-2 in Germany, with Clint Mathis tallying both US goals.

Second- Cameroon didn't play Argentina, Nigeria did. Also, Cameroon will defeat the Germans 2-1 in their second match of round 1.

#7761 06/03/02 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Germany is doing great, getting beatdown by England 5-1 very professional. Cameroon will take the group the African nations are showing very good signs. Senegal, Cameroon, and Nigeria may all make it to round two.

The US will do ok if they play like they are capable of. Figo is very dangerous but I think the US is capable of beating anyone on a good day. Let's not forget the 94 Brasil quarterfinals loss 0-1.

#7762 06/03/02 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the USA-Portugal match will be pretty tough...Figo has been crap lately, but if he is on form it will be tough for a young player like Beasley to deal with him...fortunately, the Abominable Snowman aka Abel Xavier has been ruled out of the match due to injury...Xavier is weak on the ground but pretty good in the air, so his absence bodes well for someone like McBride or Sanneh who are good off corners...at any rate a draw would be enough in this match...S Korea will be a tough one too, but Poland are crap except for Jerzy Dudek and Olibadase (or whatever his name is)

as for the deutsche, you really cant really draw anything from that match...the Saudis didnt even look like they wanted to even be at the world cup...but then again, even though most experts wrote them off after Liverpo...er, i mean England schlacked them 5-1, they're now humbled...and lets not forget they're probably the biggest team in terms of player size in the tournament, and that gives them a huge edge...the cameroon and ireland games will both be absolute wars...

oh, and Rivaldo is an absolute disgrace...

#7763 06/06/02 04:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Portugal-US game this morning. USA won 3-2! It was a great match for the US in the first half. Brian McBride's header was awesome. The timing was perfect and it looked good. They had Portugal down 3-0 at halftime. Then Beto kicked one in off a corner, and Jeff Agoos accidently kicked one in our own goal(he was trying to clear it, but didn't lift his leg high enough and it went off his knee into the goal). Clint Mathis didn't play, neither did Claudio Reyna. Hats off to the boys. I believed in them the whole way. I knew they could beat Portugal. Good luck against the Koreans Monday

#7764 06/05/02 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GAME RECAP.......
1st Half
The game started as expected. Portugal came out in the first 3 minutes and controlled the ball and the US didn't touch it once in those 3 minutes but in the 4th minute Eddie Stewart set up Brian McBride on a corner, the keeper made a great reflex save but John O'Brian was there to clean it up and put the ball in the back of the net. 2 minutes later the US again had a great chance of a set play, the keeper punched the ball off of Donovan and Pope's open goal chance hit the outside of the post. Until around the 22nd minute the ball was back in the US's half but the US broke loose on a counter-attack, Donovan tried to send a cross to McBride but the ball deflected off a Portuguese defender and was in the back of the net for a 2-0 lead. Until the 36th minute the ball was again in US's half but again the US came out of it on a counter and McBride scored on one of the best headers I have personally ever seen from a Sanneh cross...3-0, but 3 minutes later, Beto(from a horrible clearance)placed the ball in the back of the net to send it to halftime 3-1 in favor of the US.
2nd Half
The second half was just like the first, Portugal on the attack and US working off counters. Around the 73rd minute a cross went off of Agoos's shin into the back of the net. From there the US played a bunker and clear until the end of the game.

My personal MVP's would have to go the Sanneh, Hjedek, and Mastronei for single handedly shutting down Figo, Rui Cosa, and Counseque(i know i spelled that wrong)

Score Sheet
O'Brian 4th Min(McBride)
Jorge(og) 22nd Min
McBride 36th Min(Sanneh)

Beto 39th Min(Figo)
Agoos(og) 73th Min

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard