Page 2 of 2 1 2
#7763 06/06/02 04:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Portugal-US game this morning. USA won 3-2! It was a great match for the US in the first half. Brian McBride's header was awesome. The timing was perfect and it looked good. They had Portugal down 3-0 at halftime. Then Beto kicked one in off a corner, and Jeff Agoos accidently kicked one in our own goal(he was trying to clear it, but didn't lift his leg high enough and it went off his knee into the goal). Clint Mathis didn't play, neither did Claudio Reyna. Hats off to the boys. I believed in them the whole way. I knew they could beat Portugal. Good luck against the Koreans Monday

#7764 06/05/02 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GAME RECAP.......
1st Half
The game started as expected. Portugal came out in the first 3 minutes and controlled the ball and the US didn't touch it once in those 3 minutes but in the 4th minute Eddie Stewart set up Brian McBride on a corner, the keeper made a great reflex save but John O'Brian was there to clean it up and put the ball in the back of the net. 2 minutes later the US again had a great chance of a set play, the keeper punched the ball off of Donovan and Pope's open goal chance hit the outside of the post. Until around the 22nd minute the ball was back in the US's half but the US broke loose on a counter-attack, Donovan tried to send a cross to McBride but the ball deflected off a Portuguese defender and was in the back of the net for a 2-0 lead. Until the 36th minute the ball was again in US's half but again the US came out of it on a counter and McBride scored on one of the best headers I have personally ever seen from a Sanneh cross...3-0, but 3 minutes later, Beto(from a horrible clearance)placed the ball in the back of the net to send it to halftime 3-1 in favor of the US.
2nd Half
The second half was just like the first, Portugal on the attack and US working off counters. Around the 73rd minute a cross went off of Agoos's shin into the back of the net. From there the US played a bunker and clear until the end of the game.

My personal MVP's would have to go the Sanneh, Hjedek, and Mastronei for single handedly shutting down Figo, Rui Cosa, and Counseque(i know i spelled that wrong)

Score Sheet
O'Brian 4th Min(McBride)
Jorge(og) 22nd Min
McBride 36th Min(Sanneh)

Beto 39th Min(Figo)
Agoos(og) 73th Min

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard