brace
brace
H
Quote:

3/8

Rock Hill 2
Gaffney 0

.....and the beat goes on.

they made the hard shots.if they would have finished the easy shots from 10 yards out it would of been 10-0.
a much improved team.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I take it Northwestern played with restrictions last night? Good to see that they kept it respectable. Trojans will be a very tough out in the state playoffs. Love to see another NW-Irmo battle at the end of the season.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Realist, you might want to hold off on that claim. The realignment has not affected RHHS yet. The guys they have on that team have been brought up primarily through the program. You might be right that soccer is not a top priority at "Bearcatland," but you need to go higher than the coach to address that situation. He's doing more than he can...and a lot more than you guys might realize. Don't blame the coach for things he can't control. 3 AD's in three years and not one of them cares about soccer

Hey Coach...is there a Raad boy playing Varsity this year? How about a Lehman boy? If so...both those boys would have been at Northwestern. Also, I believe these boys also were encouraged to play club ball in the off season...hence they were trained by someone else other than their coach. I truly don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful of the coach as he has done the best he can. However, attendance lines ARE indeed starting to have an effect on Bearcat soccer and they will continue to do so. Fernando Gonzalez is coming up and will make a very big impact next year for their Varsity squad...

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
kick off
kick off
S
Raad, no. Lehman plays for the varsity squad, but he came up through the jv program. My point was that the guys who play for RH's varsity squad came up through the system at RH--not another school and then transfer in. And, again, Fernando will go through the jv program.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Players like Lehman and Gonzalez played club ball before coming to high school ball...just like the players at Northwestern...Martinez, Benson (both borthers), Kropp, Antinoro, Clark, Ferguson, Parks, Stillman...all on NW's roster, played years of club ball before ever stepping onto a high school field. My point is that "the high school system" doesn't have as much to do with the success of the team as the prior club training does. All these boys who have played club ball have been trained for years outside "the high school system." Also, I believe a former DOC for Discoveries was instrumental in getting Rock Hill High's team to play club ball, for extra training in the off season. How can this be considered to be a part of the "high school system?"

In the past, the majority of boys who played club ball happened to be zoned to attend Northwestern or Fort Mill high school. Very few boys, over the years, have been zoned to attend Rock Hill High. That has now changed...hence, some of, not all of, the reason why Rock Hill is now seeing some success.

Also, for Fernando Gonzalez to play JV before playing Varsity, in my unsolicited opinion, is doing a disservice not only to the soccer program, but also a disservice to Fernando.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I agree. Club ball is very important. Perhaps I wasn't very clear in my originl post. There are lots of good players all over the Rock Hill area. Let's celebrate that fact.

Last edited by sccoach; 03/09/07 04:40 PM.
C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

Also, for Fernando Gonzalez to play JV before playing Varsity, in my unsolicited opinion, is doing a disservice not only to the soccer program, but also a disservice to Fernando.

Fernando is currently on the RHHS JV roster as an 8th grader. It is very possible that he will make the Varsity squad next year, but he still will have come up through the JV team just as Lehman did. You make a very good point about the importance of club players for a high school team. This may be why the coach at Rock Hill has worked to develop a relationship with the local club organizations among other things he has done to build the program over the last seven years.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

I agree. Club ball is very important. Perhaps I wasn't very clear in my originl post. There are lots of good players all over the Rock Hill area. Let's celebrate that fact.

Exactly...I am very happy to see Bearcat soccer progressing as it is. I am also very thankful for the addition of another high school in the area as it has now made high school teams more evenly matched. Should make for some great soccer matches in the future!

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Coming up through the JV program should have no effect on whether Fernando makes the varsity squad next year. He has no choice but to play JV this year. Also, in my opinion,for whatever its worth, I would think Fernando would benefit more from playing high level club ball in North Carolina than playing for a sub par JV program whose competition is very low. Then he comes in next year and makes the varsity squad when he is eligible as a 9th grader. Just my two cents.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Mike,

And where should Fernando play club ball next year when he is a 9th grader? Playing club in NC at U-15 and above conflicts with the SC high school sesaon.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard