Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
bench
bench
B
Read the first line of my first post in giving credit to the hard work of the high school coaches. All three coaches for RHHS have added to the thread and not one mentioned that the caliber of player has improved or agreed that the rezoning and club experience has made positive changes to the team. That is what the "heart" of my argument is.

By the way, are you a fourth coach for RHHS?

J
world cup
world cup
J
..psst.

Benp is "infamous"

I'm legendary.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
speakin of benp.... where's he been. i've seen him reffing a few games.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
corner kick
corner kick
K
Quote:

I agree. Club ball is very important. Perhaps I wasn't very clear in my originl post. There are lots of good players all over the Rock Hill area. Let's celebrate that fact.

This may be one of those quotes you are looking for. I am a high school fan myself and actually think that while skill may be better on club teams, the play is better on high school teams because coaching must adjust more for discrepancy in talent so a lot more is going on besides just skill--playing to your strengths and to other team weaknesses, playing for position within a region, managing a team through schoolwork, home behavior (rarely will a parent keep a kid out of a club game since the parent has paid good money for the kid to play) and school behavior, practice and games, working with a team that has been brought together through zoning rather than paying and trying out and coach selection, etc.
The clubs do an excellent job of producing quality players and all high school teams benefit, but high school coaches have to take what they get and win with it.
There are some who seem elitist about club soccer, I have tried to get into it, followed some games and teams, seen some pretty play, but I have not seen the type of strategy and coaching that go with high school.
I would bet that most coaches that coach both would say that high school is tougher to coach, and when a coach succeeds in high school I believe he or she has accomplished a remarkable thing.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
3/13

NW 12
Clover 0

Rock Hill 2
South Pointe 1

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Wednesday, March 28

#1 Northwestern (11-1) versus #14 Rock Hill (9-2).

What's the line?

H
brace
brace
H
northwestern 5
rock hill 0

a hard fought match by the bearcats but run out of gas in the second half.

maybe 2-0 at half.
this is only a guess and not an educated one.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Wow...that sounds like last night's NW - SP game.

You had the right score....just the wrong match.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

northwestern 5
rock hill 0

a hard fought match by the bearcats but run out of gas in the second half.

maybe 2-0 at half.
this is only a guess and not an educated one.

I suspect the outcome of the NW/Rock Hill match will be very similar to the outcome of last night's NW/SP game. The boys from Rock Hill knocked off practice early last night and came over to watch the JV and Varsity matches last night. Good luck to both teams!

-Attitude reflects leadership-
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard