Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
goal
goal
Taken directly from FIFA Laws of the Game:

"Sending-Off Offences: A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

5. denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick."

If your description of the foul is correct, that should be a red card, without question.

S
Brace
Brace
S
See that's what i thought the rule was as far as the last defender taking out the offensive player to prevent him from scoring. But hey.........

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
throw in
throw in
C
First HS rules differ slightly than FIFA Laws, however in this case it's very similar. Referees have been taught about the 4 Ds, as in this Positiion Paper .

There is not enough informaiton to state a red card is no doubt.

N
throw in
throw in
N
Well after reading the actual rule on hindering a goal scoring oppurtunity there is no doubt in my mind that the foul in last night's game should have warranted a red card. The last defender was beaten badly and hacked down the forward on a breakaway.

goal
goal
Sorry about that - I keep forgetting about the differences, although that Position Paper only seems to attempt to clarify what they consider a goal-scoring opportunity. I guess I just consider what an "obvious goal-scoring opportunity" is by using what I consider common sense.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard