Print Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
#79298 03/13/07 06:58 PM
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
How do you think this region will play out? Seems like Dreher and Blythewood are the teams to beat.

throw in
throw in
Don't forget about A.C. Flora in this region! great win last friday against a good greenwood team. tonight flora plays blythewood so it will be a good game to see how blythewood measures up.

M
throw in
throw in
M
acf 2 blythewood 1 a real good game and real close gotta give it to blythewood for comin a long way from last year this gaem really sets the stage for the rest of the season and it will be a real fun year

ooo fancy
throw in
throw in
A.C. Flora pulls out a win although missing many starters to injury and illness, look for a much better game out of Flora next time.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Dreher 7-0 over Chester

C
cfb Offline
bench
bench
C
acf wins region

C
cfb Offline
bench
bench
C
acf had seven playeres out for blythwood five were starters, next time, acf win big

throw in
throw in
I agree, Flora wins region. Dreher in second.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
who scored for AC Flora?

throw in
throw in
i believe it was Chapman with the first one, and whit with the second goal.
Is chester really that bad to drop the game 7-0?

P
bench
bench
P
hey i am new and a parent of a camden player and my son told me today that lugoff's coach resigned and that one of their best players was kicked off the team, anyone know if its true?

S
kick off
kick off
S
It was Chapman and Whitt. I think this is Flora's region to lose.

Last edited by soccer5; 03/15/07 02:22 AM.
throw in
throw in
region to lose, haha. Flora is now returning to full strength on friday when they play camden, so look for much better play out of the Falcons.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
I guess we will see how Flora looks, they have lost some close ones but have also pulled out a few as of late. They are still going to have their hands full with Dreher, it could be a toss up at this point. How many starters have been out and for how long?

throw in
throw in
they have been missing at least 5 starters a game, and were down 2 starting center mids against blythewood due to illness, but should be back friday for camden.

S
throw in
throw in
S
AC Flora will defeat Dreher....a prediction, by 2

throw in
throw in
sounds like a good prediction, but it will be a close hard faught game like it always is with dreher and flora.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
I predict a split. We'll be able to see during the first one. Rivalry games are always good.

D
bench
bench
D
Any news on the Lugoff situation? I've heard 2 different stories. One rumor has it the coach was fired & a player kicked off. The other rumor is that they have cancelled the rest of their season.

throw in
throw in
I doubt that Lugoff would call off there season completly, but i dont know that for a fact. and i have no idea about the coach situation.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
I have heard from a reliable source that the coach resigned. As far as players or season, I am not sure. I agree and doubt that they would cancel the entire season.

M
throw in
throw in
M
well thats interesting but that doesn't surprise me after seeing some of the attitudes of their players.

At any rate its flora vs camden tonight if it doesn't rain too bad... predictions?

ooo fancy
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Flora 3-1. Don't know, haven't seen Camden play. Have they beat anyone good?

throw in
throw in
The situation at Lugoff is as follows...the coach did in fact resign from his coaching duties, and they have a replacement already. The player to which you keep referring has actually only been suspended from the team.

Lugoff's season has NOT been canceled.

Bench
Bench
Tonights game, A.C. Flora v. Camden has been canceled due to the weather. I guess it will just have to be rescheduled...

Bob played...
D
bench
bench
D
Camden lost alot of players from last year's region champion team. Aside from graduation they also had 2 starting seniors decide not to play this year. One of them was an all region player the other was probably the fastest player on the team. Camden has had a tough week. They beat Lugoff in a very physical intense rivalry game on Tuesday. They had to turn around the next day & play a very fast Andrew Jackson team. They obviously had little gas in their tanks & got spanked pretty good (5-0). I think Camden will hold their own against Flora for awhile but depth will become an issue in the second half.

Goal
Goal
What's going on at Lugoff-Elgin HS? Seems to be a renegade program the past several years. Where is L-E Dude?

50th for a reason!
throw in
throw in
Now that Flora is back to full strength they should pull out a much better performance for the camden game. now that its canceled, there next game is tuesday vs Lugoff elgin. they should also pull out a good win vs L.E.

goal kick
goal kick
in the dreher chester game a chester player was sent off about halfway in threw the first but dreher was already up 3 nil. As far as the region evry one is up for grabs right now but i think dreher and lugoff are bost the most intense skilled and will probably finish 1 and 2 respectively

throw in
throw in
I think the region will finish with A.C. Flora in first, Dreher in second, and blythewood or lugoff in third.

C
cfb Offline
bench
bench
C
what does it matter what everybody thinks, play the season, stop whining and wait and see.

throw in
throw in
Whos whining? Its just people talking about the teams in the region and what they think, nothing wrong with that.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
cfb, if you don't like what is posted then don't read the board. No one is whining, it is just a discussion on how people will think the region will play out. If you don't like it don't read it.

throw in
throw in
Thank you.

When did the lugoff coach resign, was it preseason or recent?

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher at LE will be made up March 29
Anybody know when Flora vs Camden match will be made up?

M
kick off
kick off
M
The LE coach is Steve Brown a great man and even better coach. Most people dont know because he is a very modest man, but he played 10 years of semi-professional soccer in Uruguay. The man was somewhat of a God among mortals at LE. It was time for him to move up and to a better place. Good luck Coach Brown we are all cheering for you.

Your first love,

Joey Toughy

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Flora Camden has not been rescheduled as of yet

throw in
throw in
This game has to be made up for sure right? since its a region game.

P
bench
bench
P
i think that the region will finish with Dreher at the top and Lugoff or Flora Second, Lugoff could win the region if they were disclplined and there players had better attitudes, they have a good couple of skilled players

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Flora/Lugoff Tueday March 20th...Any takers?

throw in
throw in
Flora wins 3-0 or 4-0 maybe 4-1

P
bench
bench
P
i think Lugoff should be able to pull through with a 2-1 or something close

M
kick off
kick off
M
Lugoff doesnt have a chance without coach brown.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Dreher at Blythewood tonight. With all four of the top teams in this region playing tonight, this should help get a better picture of how the season will play out.

M
throw in
throw in
M
There's absolutely no way that Lugoff is gonna come close to gettin a second place finish in this region. My thoughts are ACF, Dreher, Blythewood, Camden, Lugoff, and then Chester. No way will Lugoff get a second place finish

ooo fancy
P
bench
bench
P
tonite the score for the flora and lugoff was flora 3-2 with two own goals from lugoff's defenders, the last goal came in the second overtime with two minutes remaining in the game. If lugoff would have had there complete team and the refs would do a better job i think lugoff would have taken it easily. also lugoff had another red card tonite

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
let's be realistic here, Lugoff played a hard fought game but that was all it was. Flora did not play up to potential and that allowed LE to stay in the game. Flora scored in the 1st minute and LE spent the rest of the game playing catch up. The refs were very consistent. If anything, LE got away with cheap fouls.

P
bench
bench
P
maybe your right but from what i understand lugoff was missing at least two starters and it was there first game with a new coach but the refs from what i saw gave out a red to the lugoff player that was just playing physical not dirty

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
The red card (two yellows) was physical but not out of control. One LE player got away with a lot of cheap, dirty fouls, but not from the player ejected. I was impressed with the coach being his first game, it seems they have had to overcome some adversary over there. On the counter of LE starters, ACF is still out two starters, including their top scorer. the rematch later this season will be interesting.

Dreher 5 Blythewood 1. this makes the battle for blythewood even harder since Blythewood still has to travel back to Dreher and AC Flora.

Bench
Bench
The game last night between ACF and LE was probably the worst dispaly of soccer skill that I have seen from ACF all season. Although there was a goal in the first minute of the game, ACF didnt seem like they were there to play. Like soccer2103 said, ACF didnt play anywhere near their potential, giving LE a chance to step up and cause some problems.

Bob played...
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Chester 4 Camden 3 in PK's

Region Standings thus far

ACF 2-0
Dreher 2-0
Chester 1-1
Camden 1-1
Blythewood 0-2
Lugoff Elgin 0-2

Weekend Region Match Ups

Lugoff @ Blythewood
ACF @ Chester
Camden @ Dreher

Kickoff
Kickoff
My feelings are that Dreher is still the best team in this group. AC Flora will finish second and the winner of the Camden/L-E wrestling match will finish third. Chester might make it. B'wood is still a year or two away unless L-E just tanks the season.

Pretty sad situation at LEHS. Lots of talent but no discipline and apparently no school/AD support for the sport itself. That program has been a bunch of renegades for some time now and they need to either do away with it entirely or get somebody in there that knows soccer, authority, and the kids!

P
bench
bench
P
lugoff beat blythewood tonite 4-2, lugoff scored another own goal and scored the last two goals in the last 7 minutes of the game. one of lugoff's player really made a difference when he was put in the last minutes of the game and assisted both goals

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
ACF 5 Chester 1

ACF dominated the entire game. Chester got and easy one from a Flora miscue.

throw in
throw in
What was the deal with Dreher vs Camden? i hear they won in OT.

M
throw in
throw in
M
yea nobody could really figure out where that goal came from still a good win for flora

ooo fancy
M
throw in
throw in
M
So without dreher and camden updated the regions now

ACF 3-0
Dreher 2-0
Camden 1-1
Chester 1-2
Lugoff 1-2
Blythewood 0-3

ooo fancy
throw in
throw in
in a non region game today A.C. Flora beats #3 in scisa Ben Lippen in Pks. close hard faught game. Flora went down a player in the second half due to a red card. Close game, good win for flora.

coach
coach
Who got the red? Kinda stupid to get a red when next game is biggest one of year v. Dreher Tuesday.

throw in
throw in
It was the right defender. he got cheap shoted and stood up and retaliated. just a push, bad decision on his part.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher beat Camden 2-1 in OT.
Not Dreher's best game of season.
Camden played well defensively.
Dreher could not put the ball in the net and played with JV keeper. Dreher Flora game will be a good one Tuesday.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
why was Dreher playing a JV keeper? Is he playing against Flora?

throw in
throw in
Any thoughts on dreher vs flora tomorrow?

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
proabably the biggest game in the region this year...Flora has a lot to prove coming from a sub .500 season last year and Dreher making it all the way to state. I like flora's odds if they come up playing up to their potential.

Bench
Bench
not only is this the biggest game in the region for both teams, its also a huge rivalry, making it that much better. if flora plays like they did against ben lipen, and dreher picks up their game, it should be a very fun match.

Bob played...
goal kick
goal kick
Lets not not forget last year Dreher made it to the finals of the state championship. They graduated many seniors but have a very strong juonior and sophmore class.They also have 2 players from the U-17 lexington state championship team this year. Their performance against camden was not one of their better but they still are a very strong team.
AC Flora usaually has a very good soccer program and this year it is even better, would not be suprised to see Flora win the region this year, and more to the mix of this huge rivalry game in witch anything could happen it will be a very good match for both sides tonight. looking foward to a great game tonight.

Last edited by drogbablues21; 03/27/07 02:52 PM.
P
bench
bench
P
Dreher-1
AC Flora-0
Predictions were almost right-on for the Dreher/Flora game- it COULD HAVE BEEN a great game but for the trouble in the AC Flora stands and their coaches' behavior... Did not do justice to the Flora players.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Congrats Devils. Keep up the good work. 12 in a row in Region play! 23-3 regular season last two years. 4-0-1 against Flora last 5 matches.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll keep reading.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Plenty of upset Flora fans and coaches...2 red cards on Flora asst coach and a fan for dissin the ref. Cant say I blame them much, Dreher, in the last 10 min. committed 2 clear fouls IN the box with wave-offs on both...that will p*ss someone off everytime! OTHERWISE a very close and entertaining game.

S
goal
goal
S
You should have been sitting in the stands next to those students as I was. I was intently listening for foul language and the closest thing to it was that "you suck" was said to the referee from the stands. Otherwise no four letter words were ever used. In fact I believe it was the Dreher student section that started the AC Flora Sucks cheer! The behavior by the coach was such that the referee was unable to control the game. Don't get me wrong the refs did not change the outcome of this game. In my opinion Dreher won the game the refs did not change any otucome. But I was a witness right next to the sidelines. Until the High School League starts truly rating their referees this situation will continue. The intial yellow card was because the coach was able to show that the ball had not gone out of bounds yet the ref still made the out of bounds call. It was right at both of their feet. The ref felt the coach had showed him up and that is why the yellow card was issued. No language beside the ball is still in was said! A very similar call was made in the JV game and I had the best position in the house to see that the ref made another very poor call. He was at one end of the line and I was at the other. At least they should have the refs swith sides of the field in between games. Over two games I am sure frustration wears on both the ref and coaches. But I guess if your stuck with a poor ref in one game it carries over to the next. The red card was due to the frustration of the coaches as they have had significant and very serious injuries this year due to referee's not controling the games. These refs interacted too much with the crowd not to expect the crowd to respond. If the refs don't want to here the crowd they should "completely" ignore the crowd. When they are willing to exchange words or looks with fans they are just asking for trouble in a physical game. I can't wait for an injured player to sue the districts due to the ineptitude of High School refs to control the game. It is coming to your neighborhood soon so they might want to reserve some cash for the lawsuits.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Calling fouls fairly before bedlam breaks out, especially in the box, will keep control on the field. No rocket science here, simply an understanding of the rules which seems to be missing in many cases. I'm not so sure the refs didnt have a say in the outcome of the Flora v Dreher game tonight. A foul in the box IS a PK...Dreher got away with two.This game could have ended 1-1 in regulation

goal kick
goal kick
dreher also had three hit off the post and one roll on the goaline

Bench
Bench
Quote:

dreher also had three hit off the post and one roll on the goaline

man, who cares if they went off the post...at least dreher got the opportunity to take the shots and miss...flora got screwed out of their chances

Bob played...
throw in
throw in
how did the other games in the region play out last night?

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
well said Soccer16...Last night's game was very dissapointing but this AC flora team has dealt with a lot of adversity this season and they will conquer this as well. Dreher is a talented team but so is flora. Teams should be careful near the end of the season and in the playoffs because ACF is capable of overcoming anything. The rematch of these two teams (at ACF) will be a great game.

bench
bench
There were no fouls in the box, they were 50-50 challenges that could have been called either way. Flora had almost no good shots, so you cant blame the refs for your loss.

S
goal
goal
S
If you read my post again you will notice that the refs have not been blamed for the loss. The referee's were blamed for their ineptitude in handling the game. I also blame the High School League for not taking action when it comes to the current state of referees in South Carolina soccer. They must put a grading system in place for referees and carry out discipline for those deemed unfit to ref. In addition, the league and districts must find a way to fund (if that truly is the issue) a 3 ref system. Too often the refs are out of position for a call which leads to questionable situations and don't tell me that refs (under the 2 ref system)don't guess at calls. They must guess at calls when they are out of position. That is the inherent flaw of the two ref system.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I have no alliance with either school. Those were not 50/50's when one ACF player was tripped(Dreher playing the MAN not ball) and the other was an outstretched arm push...just what I saw from 50 ft.

bench
bench
sidenet... if it was a foul it would have been called, the ref was right in front of it, less than ten yards away. The ref that would have called it if it were a foul, has been reffing for 15 years and also leads the classes to become a ref. If you have a problem with the ref then you should become a ref instead of criticizing him. I doubt that you could do much better.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I am a ref and I likely would have called one of the two, at least a spot just outside the box bare minimum and very possibly a PK. 3aSoccer, glad to see you agree with an official's calls. You are a rare person these days.

throw in
throw in
Im sure if your agreeing with the refs calls then your a dreher supporter. Many fouls went uncalled for dreher, they spent more time going for the player and obstucting then they did actually playing for the ball. Besides the 2 missed calls in the box there were many other cheap shots uncalled. flora also had there share of hits and bad play, but the refs called it every single time on flora, when it was called maybe 3 or 4 times against dreher. The flora crowd was very rowdy and it was obvious that there remarks got to the ref and he took it out on the team. It was a poor job of officiating. The ref red carded floras assisatant coach, which seemed extreme since he recieved no warning previously in the game. The same refs, reffed the jv game before varsity and it was apparent they were fed up with Flora from the begining because the calls went very similiarly to varsitys(In Drehers favor). You cant blame a loss on the refs, dreher did score a very nice goal, But theres a point where the refs dont have control over the game and it reached that point early in the game. Both teams came out and played with the intensity that you would expect in a rivalry game, and with better refs in the next showdown look for a different result. Good game to both teams.

goal kick
goal kick
why are all of you so biased to flora what have they done to be the best team this year?

coach
coach
If the Flora fans, coaches, & players don't get control of their respective emotions & conduct, they will not go very far.

throw in
throw in
No one has claimed flora to be the best team of the year or anything in that regard. They have put together a good team under there new coach, and do warrant some respect. emotions were running high for both flora and dreher last night. the crowds were the same with the insulting cheers, and things of that nature. but the refs did target flora a lot harder than dreher. that was evident to everyone in attendance.

Last edited by 89scsoccer19; 03/29/07 12:42 AM.
S
goal
goal
S
I have been attempting to put any and all emotion aside in this conversation. My beef is with the High School League and the various schoold districts for not recognizing the need for a 3 ref system. The ref are out of position during the game whether or not they lead classes on officiating. A 3 ref system is used in basketball and the court is quite a bit smaller than the pitch. Why can't they recognize this fact? The out of position calls lead to discrpencies which only cause confrontation. Telling people to become refs is getting old. Many of us participate in big ways to support the local soccer community being a ref is not the only volunteering available. Oh, they get paid! At the very least have the officials switch sides during a match or at least between games. So everyones fans, players and coaches can experience the refs ineptitude in controling a game.

throw in
throw in
Very well said soccer16, a 3 ref system works so much better when trying to make important calls like offsides, out of bounds calls, and fouls in the box. I personally would be in favor of a 3 ref system, i think many games for many people would have turned out differently with proper officiating.

goal kick
goal kick
i agree that floras coach is skilled he was the elite coach for this past years U-14 CUFC team and most of the refs do not know what they're talking about half the time or what they are seeing

throw in
throw in
I agree. i think that to be a high school ref they should be more rigirously trained, and better prepaired to deal with tough games like flora vs dreher, where there are hard to make calls, and some pretty hard fouls. this is where the 3 ref system would really help, because 3 sets of eyes are better than 2.

goal kick
goal kick
even college and professionals use three refs why doesnt the state league smarten up and do the same?

throw in
throw in
because it would make to much sense! the league does a lot of weird things.
Its funny how this board has gotten so off topic from the region to high school refs.

How did the other games of tuesday night go? any scores or reviews?

goal kick
goal kick
does anyone know why the lugoff elgin dreher game was postponed yet again?

kick off
kick off
college and pros use 3 refs bc thats where the money is, im not sure there is a surplus of HS referees just waiting to do games

C
kick off
kick off
C
Blythewood 5 - 0 Chester
@ Chester; 2-0 at halftime

throw in
throw in
Wow 5-0, Good job to blythewood.

as for the refs, there should be more funding or something done to insure that these games are properly officiated.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
the problem is not with the funding but the lack of interest to become soccer referees. It is hard for the league to come down on the refs when they know there is a shortage. The 3-ref system is definitely the way to go but unfortunatly we are a ways away from having one.

Tuesday's game was a great example of why this system should be put in place but until the interest picks up, we have to work with what we have.

For the most part, refs do a great job getting up and down the field for more than one game but when time and stress sets in, the problems occur.

throw in
throw in
Any thought on tomorrows contests?
Flora vs Blythewood should be a good rematch, after flora won the first game 2-1 even though they were short 5 starters.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I tried to ignore comments about 2 fouls at the end of the game. Neither one should have been a PK. The first so called foul the Flora player ran into the back of the Dreher player and they both fell down. The second one I guess you are talking about could have been called a foul. I would not have called it, but anyways it was outside the box. Someone caught it on film if you want to analyze it more.The Flora and Dreher players did a great job of just playing soccer. The Flora fans did use profanity,and the player that was ejected from the bench told the ref he "f"ing sucked. The assistant coach started with his comments during the pregame when he was told he could not represent the head coach at the coin toss. The second match should be even better. Both are good teams.

coach
coach
If the Flora assistant 'started up with comments' during pregame, then that is a problem right there to be corrected. Flora coaches and fans need to represent themselves and their school better at next game vs. Dreher.
Just play the game, regardless of the calls on the field. The Flora Head Coach gave the referee some props-
http://www.thecolumbiastar.net/Current/Sports/

Last edited by 2004striker; 03/30/07 12:43 AM.
P
bench
bench
P
so what does everyone think the outcome of lugoff vs camden tomorow night will be?

throw in
throw in
For anyone who wants corrections, The flora fans never once used a curse word. they had taunting remarks, but nothing to bad. The dreher fans however did use some profane words to players on the field that were on there side. the only cuss word used by flora was by the player on the bench who was red carded.

As for the article in the columbia star, Flora didnt have 2 assistant coaches red carded, one was, but the other was an injured player that was out for the season, not a coach. This article seemed to be very dreher biased and not a very good reflection of the game.

Lugoff vs camden should be interesting like it always is, since they have a good rivalry. I think Lugoff will pull out a close one, but dont be suprised if you see Camden with a W.

Last edited by 89scsoccer19; 03/30/07 01:35 AM.
bench
bench
are you kidding. How is it biased and why would it be biased? Dreher does not fund The Columbia Star so why would they make it Dreher biased.

"A.C. Flora (6- 6, 3- 1): Shots 7, Saves 6 (Corey McCue).

Dreher (8- 3, 4- 0): Shots 15, Saves 3 (John Beck). Goals: Byron Quintoa. "

How is this not a good reflection of the game. this is what happened. Dreher had 15 shots, ACF had 7. Obviously Dreher dominated but they couldnt score!

S
goal
goal
S
I also heard that the parent was not an AC Flora parent but a Dreher parent who happened to be on AC Flora's side. I was standing right there and that parent said hardly anything to the ref to get ejected. The ref just couldn't handle anything after the downward turn of events. Again, High School league help the refs out give them 3 refs for each varsity game!

J
world cup
world cup
J
Not going to happen anytime soon.

However, YOU can do something about it. Not only write letters to the SCHSL and other public entities.. But many of the more established programs dip into their own budget to provide a 3rd official for rivalry matches.

(All it takes is a little cooperation between the two sides. IE: You guys cover the 3rd official for your home match and vice versa)

It's unfortunate that the teams would have to take it upon themselves, but for the time being until greater changes are made it's probably your best option.

throw in
throw in
Agreed. In other regions where I have coached, this was agreed on by all schools in the region.

All region matches had 3 officials, and it worked out well since it was a very competitive region with B-C, Dreher (at that time), Airport, and Chapin.

If your school can afford it, it is certainly worth the extra costs.

The only other problem that you may run into is that there is a lack of officials. If everyone started going to 3 officials for matches, Dennis would be struggling to get all matches covered.

throw in
throw in
Flora wins tonight 7-0 over blythewood.
good showing from the falcons!

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher 5
Chester 1

P
bench
bench
P
Lugoff 3
Camden 0

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
congrats Flora on stepping up big after everything this week...

goal kick
goal kick
so right now with dreher 1 and flora 2 whos number three? camden?

throw in
throw in
I believe that leaves Lugoff in 3rd. Thats what the region scoreboard says, im not sure how up to date it is though.

J
world cup
world cup
J
3rd = Lugoff

Conference Standings

If Camden and Lugoff have identical records - Lugoff wins by goal differential. Also, Lugoff is yet to play Dreher at all and they also get Flora at home, only needing to win by two to move ahead on goal differential.
Disclaimer: Not exactly sure what the regions policy is on tie-breakers, but I know the first tie-break is overall conference record then aggregate goals. Beyond that..I can't say for sure.

Basically, it's mathematically wide open for the top 3.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
It may be wide open on paper but I feel like this is a two team race with Dreher having a huge advantage. Lugoff was more impressive than their reputation showed, but I really think this is going to come down to Dreher and Flora.

throw in
throw in
agreed, first and second is gonna be dreher and flora, its just a fight now to see whos 1 and whos 2. camden, blythewood, and lugoff will be battling for 3rd.

goal kick
goal kick
dreher will probably play defenseive minded in the second game and try to score one early so itll be hard for flora to win region on goal differential

throw in
throw in
The second dreher flora match should be very interesting after the incidents at the first game. Hopefully better referees can keep the game under control. It will be a good showdown to decide the region.

coach
coach
The coaches, fans and players need to try just a bit harder to keep control, and not worry about the refs.

throw in
throw in
Flora wins 8-1 tonight over chester. Chester gets a late mercy pk from the ref.

P
bench
bench
P
lugoff beat blythewood 5-0 tonite, any predictions for lugoff vs dreher and dreher vs flora?

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
pele, I'll give you $5 if you beat Dreher

P
bench
bench
P
i am parent, not a player

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
that being said, I'll give your kid $5 if they beat Dreher...

throw in
throw in
Flora beats camden tonight 2-1. poor showing from flora, not there best effort. many oppurtunites but not enough finishing. Look For more out of flora next time.

M
throw in
throw in
M
hey i'll give lugoff my life savings if they beat dreher... haha its only about five bucks tho

ooo fancy
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Jack Rozier, who is your team?

J
world cup
world cup
J
I graduated from Lugoff-Elgin in 2004. I suppose that makes them "my team", though I'm in coaching now so I'm more a fan of the game in general than any particular school.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
coaching where?

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher 6 Lugoff-Elgin 1

goal kick
goal kick
great showing from the dreher team last night against lugoff elgin

throw in
throw in
flora and lugoff second showdown coming up next monday. any thoughts or predictions?
im thinking flora comes out with a much better preformance and wins 3 or 4 -0

throw in
throw in
correction. Flora vs Camden monday. prediction stays the same.

goal kick
goal kick
camden 2
flora 1

throw in
throw in
doubtful. the only roadblock for flora could be coming back after a long spring break. but they should be able to put it together.

goal kick
goal kick
its puzzler becausecamden is a bogey team and has a few good players and flora had trouble with them a couple weeks ago

Last edited by drogbablues21; 04/15/07 07:27 PM.
coach
coach
Regarding the 3A rankings NMB should be 6 after beating BE and then the rest. Hard to figure some others in the top 10 as well.

throw in
throw in
Flora beats camden tonight 3-0

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher 4 - 0 Heathwood Hall

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
the ranking system for all of 3A is off...I beleive BC lost 4/5 games and stayed idle in the polls. Not too mention teams such as Dreher, Flora, and Wilson.

M
throw in
throw in
M
flora dropped out at the beginning of the season and has worked its way back up tho but with Dreher and BC, ur right 2103

ooo fancy
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Let's take a look at the Class 3A Rankings real quick with just the Midlands area teams.

B-C defeated Dreher (PKs) and A.C. Flora, which are at the top of Region 3. B-C lost in overtime at Chapin, the leaders of Region 4. Dreher beat A.C. Flora. When B-C lost four/five games they stayed idle because of the competition they played. Wilson hasn't played a ranked 3A team all year. Thus, the rankings as they are this week.

#6 CHAPIN (11-6-0, 3-0-0/2-0-1 vs. Ranked 3A Teams)
2-1 pk MYRTLE BEACH
2-0 BLUFFTON
1-0 ot BROOKLAND-CAYCE

#8 DREHER (11-3-0, 3-2-0/3-1-1 vs. Ranked 3A Teams)
3-7 vs. Myrtle Beach
3-1 vs. Socastee
1-2 pk BROOKLAND-CAYCE
1-0 A.C. FLORA

#9 BROOKLAND-CAYCE (10-9-2, 2-1-1/1-1-2 vs. Ranked 3A Teams)
2-1 A.C. FLORA
2-1 pk @ Dreher
0-1 ot @ Chapin
1-1 RIVERSIDE

#12 A.C. FLORA (10-6-0, 0-2-0/0-2-0 vs. Ranked 3A Teams)
1-2 @ Brookland-Cayce
0-1 @ Dreher

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
thanks for the stats Kyle, I understand what you are saying. I think what bothers some people is the momentum and winning streaks teams carry. If a team win 4 or 5 region wins in a row and another loses 4 or 5, some people would think the rankings would fluctuate.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

thanks for the stats Kyle, I understand what you are saying. I think what bothers some people is the momentum and winning streaks teams carry. If a team win 4 or 5 region wins in a row and another loses 4 or 5, some people would think the rankings would fluctuate.

Well, in regards to B-C, that "0-5-1 streak" saw the Bearcats' record drop from 8-4-1 to 8-9-2 and included the following:

@ Chapin (3A #6), 0-1 ot L
---------------------------------------------------
vs. Northwestern (4A #1), 0-10 L
KELLY WALSH-WY (NSCAA Region 3 #5), 1-2 L (KW scored with 3 seconds left)
FORT MILL (4A #9), 0-1 L
RIVERSIDE (3A #2), 1-1 T
NORMAN NORTH (5A National Power), 0-4 L

Actually, Dreher (who B-C beat on PKs) moved past Brookland-Cayce during this time for their winning consistency. The Bearcats are 8-1-1 vs. Class 3A teams and defeated all Region 3 opponents (Blythewood, Dreher, and A.C. Flora).

goal kick
goal kick
dreher also beat socastee 3-1

and lost in pks to BC so I mean when youre team hits off the psot 5 times you know its a rough scoring night

goal kick
goal kick
alos Dreher was missing a starting outside mid, their starting sweeper, and their starting goalkeeper during their loss to myrtle beach

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher 2
AC Flora 0
@ Bolden Stadium

Dreher - Region 3 Champions

R
throw in
throw in
R
Quote:

Dreher 2
AC Flora 0
@ Bolden Stadium

Dreher - Region 3 Champions

Congrats to the Dreher Boys. 3 Region Championships in the last 4 years. If you finish strong...all three will be by sweeping the region.

I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Didn't I say that earlier?
Quote:

My feelings are that Dreher is still the best team in this group. AC Flora will finish second and the winner of the Camden/L-E wrestling match will finish third. Chester might make it. B'wood is still a year or two away unless L-E just tanks the season.

C
kick off
kick off
C
The standings for the region as of today are as follows:

1-Dreher
2-A.C. Flora
3-Lugoff-Elgin
4-Blythewood
5-Chester
6-Camden

The top five teams will make the playoffs. L-E is, unfortunately, not eligible for the playoffs so positions 4-6 will actually move up one position to look like this for playoff purposes:

1-Dreher
2-A.C. Flora
3-Blythewood
4-Chester
5-Camden

Camden and Chester will play this Friday and the winner will finish 4th. Dreher, Flora, and Blythewood will host first round playoff games and Camden and Chester will travel for the first round (regardless of the outcome of the Chester/Camden game this Friday). There are a couple of other region games happening this week and next with make-ups that should not signifigantly alter the standings.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Congratulations to Dreher on not only winning their region, but on winning 14 of their last 15 games. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Dreher, following last year's senior-laden team that went to the state championship. This year's team has only one senior, so things look good for Dreher for next year.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
does anyone know what the playoff matchups will be or should be?

C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher 3
Blythewood 0
@ Memorial Stadium

Kickoff
Kickoff
Quote:

Congratulations to Dreher on not only winning their region, but on winning 14 of their last 15 games. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Dreher, following last year's senior-laden team that went to the state championship. This year's team has only one senior, so things look good for Dreher for next year.

Good job by Dreher winning the region this year. But how in the world did they stink up the joint this weekend? A loss to Camden Military is one thing, but Darlington? R3 is extremely weak this year and I don't expect any R3 teams to do anything in the playoffs.

goal kick
goal kick
Come on now. Give Darlington a little respect. I think people will be surprised at how much our region has improved. Wilson is a solid team and will not go away easy. They will have a tough match up with NMB in the second round, but don't count them out just yet. Camden Military has a great keeper and Defense. Their forwards play very well too. We caught Dreher down and took advantage. I know both Dreher and Darlington were missing key players, but the fact of the matter is Darlington won. No disrespect toward Dreher, they are a solid team. #4 Bryon Quintoa has a rocket for a foot. They pressure the ball well, fill the space well, and make great runs.

Kickoff
Kickoff
I'm just saying that the Florence/Sumter area isn't exactly a hotbed of soccer in S.C.

2006 Playoffs
#1 Marion - 1st Round, Bye; 2nd Round, BROOKLAND-CAYCE (lost 4-1)
#2 Wilson - 1st Round, TIMBERLAND (won 7-0); 2nd Round, @ N. Myrtle Beach (lost 5-0)
#3 Lakewood - 1st Round, @ N. Charleston (won 7-3); 2nd Round, @ Dreher (lost 9-2)
#4 Crestwood - 1st Round, @ Bluffton (lost 3-1)

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Do the games from the CMA tournament count as "official" games towards a team"s record? The games were only 20-25 minute halves.

goal kick
goal kick
I know full well and understand that in the past we haven't done too well, but give respect when we do well. Wilson is the class of our region and are much better this year than last. They have the abiltity to surprise some people. We at Darlington are a totally different team than last year as well. We have lost a couple of games we controlled simply because we didn't know how to close the deal. We are maturing slowly, but nevertheless getting there. We in Darlington have no youth programs and no club soccer. Beating Dreher with a bunch of guys who are first and second year players shows our athleticism and desire to win. I am not promising or predicting we will make it far in the playoffs (or even past Airport), but I do believe we are better than in years past. We are excited to have beat Dreher and we are excited to be in the playoffs (We haven't been in since 2001 and got beat by BC 16-0). We are humbled by the opportunity and are realistic, yet optimistic about our chances of advancing.

I do believe they count toward your record as they are more than one half. The halves were 25 minutes.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Final Region 3-AAA Playoff Seedings

1-Dreher
2-A.C. Flora
3-Blythewood
4-Camden
5-Chester

throw in
throw in
This forum is to talk about Region 3, no offense but we dont want to here about Darlington in here.

goal kick
goal kick
None taken, just wanted to defend my boys. Good luck to all of you in Region 3 in the playoffs! I think we came up because we beat Dreher.

throw in
throw in
Congrats on the win vs dreher, always nice to see a rival team go down!
Good Luck to you in the playoffs!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Do the games from the CMA tournament count as "official" games towards a team"s record? The games were only 20-25 minute halves.

Yes. The only matches that do not count in high school soccer are the four preseason scrimmages and jamborees (i.e., Charleston Rotary Classic, Lady Cardinals Invitational @ Cardinal Newman, etc.). The Spartan Classic just completed its third consecutive season being hosted by Camden Military Academy.

goal kick
goal kick
Actually it shouldnt be a real game because they werent on full fields and it was a 50 minute game thats a little more than half thats not a real game they dont count

bench
bench
Why would 50 minute games played on a 60 yd field be counted towards their schedule? Woulded it have to be a real 80 minute game on a field longer than 60 yds to count? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that these arent REAL games.

goal kick
goal kick
All teams played under the same circumstances (field conditions), all played the same amount of time. Whether you think it should count or not is pointless. These games are recognized by the state as being "real" games. Let it go.

goal kick
goal kick
How are they real games name one thing that signified them as real games? Their was a JV team there. The field was 30 yards long and the game was little over a half

C
kick off
kick off
C
We were told by CMA's coach that the games would not count. We were even told we could use guest players. WE did not, but we were missing many players for Junior/Senior prom and injuries. We played guys out of position and attended tournament just for fun.The tournament is considered a Jamboree so it should not count on record.With 25 minute halves and a 60 yard field it is not a match. HSL also requires certain lengths and widths for a field. It was a good chance to let players play that don't play alot. Congrats to teams that beat us,but if Darlington or CMA would like to schedule a match for next year and play a full match on a full field against our Varsity squad we would be glad to set that up. I don't care if scsoccer counts matches, we are not counting stats or games on our end. All that matters starts next week.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
very happy to see this forum last as long as it has. Good luck to all teams in the playoffs...

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

We were told by CMA's coach that the games would not count. We were even told we could use guest players. WE did not, but we were missing many players for Junior/Senior prom and injuries. We played guys out of position and attended tournament just for fun.The tournament is considered a Jamboree so it should not count on record.With 25 minute halves and a 60 yard field it is not a match. HSL also requires certain lengths and widths for a field. It was a good chance to let players play that don't play alot. Congrats to teams that beat us,but if Darlington or CMA would like to schedule a match for next year and play a full match on a full field against our Varsity squad we would be glad to set that up. I don't care if scsoccer counts matches, we are not counting stats or games on our end. All that matters starts next week.

Simply said, the matches do count. The games played at the Spartan Classic have counted the past two seasons and will again be counted on the overall record of each team that played in the tournament. Just like the Gator Classic hosted by Lakewood, the Eagle Invitational hosted by Airport, and several other tourneys, a time reduced match does not dictate whether the game is "legit". The tournament rules were stated prior to any teams attending, so it's not like this was sprung on anyone at the last minute.

However, some of your comments make me raise my eyebrows.

Rule 6 of the SCHSL Handbook page B-4 states that "A school may not participate for more than 1/2 of a regulation game in any jamboree event". So, if it was a Jamboree, then that appears to be in violation of the rule. 25 minutes is more than 20 minutes (regulation halves for Varsity soccer is 40 minutes).

One more item to be cleared up -- was it even a sanctioned event? It's not listed on the SCHSL's approved "Invitationals and Jamborees" -- http://www.schsl.org/jamso.htm -- but rules #1 and #2 on B-4 state that (1) Schools will not permit their students to participate in an invitational event or jamboree unless the League approves the event. (2) All teams competing in an invitational or jamboree must be members of the League or have permission to participate. The League will not sanction any invitational tournaments or jamborees that does not have at least one member school participating or is beyond the regular season.

Camden Military is not a member of the S.C. High School League and plays as an Independent -- as does the Camden Military JV squad. The other teams that played in this event are members of the SCHSL (Camden, Cheraw, Darlington, Dreher, and Sumter) along with S.C. Independent Athletic Association member Orangeburg Prep.

As for the use of "guest players" -- folks, this isn't club soccer. This is high school and unless that player is a member of the Varsity or Junior Varsity squad, then he/she shouldn't be on the prep team's roster for a tournament. Missing players due to the Prom or injuries -- every other team around the state, region, and nation playing this time of the year faces the same dilemma.

In short (or long) the matches count.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
kyle...would this result in some type of reprimand or probation for the teams that participated in this tournament? obviously, the host team is not held responsible due to them not being affiliated with the high school league.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I think next year when we play better teams we will play half field and only play until halftime. Truth is we did know ahead of time we would be playing 25's but did not know about short field. We also knew(or was told) ahead of time matches would not count, but who cares count them on your board. You can even drop us out of the top 15. Like I said all that matters now is next week.In (long) short We will not count matches. Our regular season recap will say 15-4. You can get me with Rule 16 dash 4 on pg 24 second paragraph of the rule book, but we won't count stats or games on recap.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Our regular season recap will say 15-4.

After reading this most interesting thread, I must ask is Dreher going to count the win as part of their 15 victories, and not the two losses, thus the 15-4 record CCSoccer stated?

How can you count the win and not the two losses?

Per CCSoccer's statement, shouldn't Dreher now be 14-4 instead?

goal kick
goal kick
The loss may not have meant much to you, but it was a big win for us.

I do plan on scheduling a tougher schedule next year, when that comes around, lets see what we can work out.

Good Luck in the playoffs.

goal kick
goal kick
because if you would like on the scoreboard you would notice that they dont have a record of dreher at chester but drher won 6-1.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Drogba, is that "like" or "look"? We are at the mercy of what is reported to be accurate.

What date was the Dreher/Chester match? The Scoreboard has Dreher winning two region games already vs. Chester, 7-0 and 5-1. Remember, it's incumbent on each team to turn in their scores/results!

Also, what was the score of the Dreher/Lugoff-Elgin game postponed from 3/29?

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/25/07 11:25 PM.
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Well, the way it will be recorded for duration is the following:

15-6 Overall (regular season & tournaments + postseason)
13-2 Regular Season
9-0 Region 3-3A
2-4 Tournaments (count on the schedule)
--------------------------------------------------------
3-1 Scrimmages (do NOT count on the schedule)

Good luck to Dreher in the postseason.

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/25/07 11:28 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Dreher isnt making up the game against LE because of their death penalty

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Dreher isnt making up the game against LE because of their death penalty

Thanks. Is that counted as a forfeit or a cancellation in Region 3-3A? Please advise.

goal kick
goal kick
Im not aware of the outcome of the situation but I believe its a forfeit

Last edited by drogbablues21; 04/26/07 12:12 AM.
L
bench
bench
L
yeah it is a forfeit, and be ready to see dreher make noise in the playoffs!! we are amped for playoffs.

C
kick off
kick off
C
We are 15-4 because LE forfeited the match to us.

D
bench
bench
D
Did Lugoff really get the death penalty? Will punishment extend beyond this season? How did they get this?

goal kick
goal kick
yes

goal kick
goal kick
yes for two seasons

goal kick
goal kick
too many red cards

J
world cup
world cup
J
People very close to this whole fiasco don't even know exactly what's going on.. So I'd hold off from jumping to conclusions and posting erroneous information.

goal kick
goal kick
im saying that would eb the reason for them getting the death penalty

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
http://florafalcon.wordpress.com/0
Quote:

So what’s going on with the AC Flora soccer team? Why were they all called out of the assembly at International Day and asked to report to McClure’s office?

As most people know, AC Flora recently lost a close soccer game to Dreher. During the game, Assistant Coach Masone was given a red card by a referee, one many players on both sides of the field are saying he didn’t deserve. However, the red card trouble didn’t start there. Over the last 2 games, Flora has had 3 red cards, prompting school administration to strip Masone of his coaching privileges, and ban him from everything to do with soccer, including attending the games. School administration also kicked a player off the team after he received a red card in the Dreher game.

Now AC Flora students are taking a stand. A petition is going around to reinstate Masone as an assistant coach, and initial efforts have already been at least partially successful: Masone is now allowed to talk to his players. Only time will tell what the end result will be. Stay tuned.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
You are bringing up a two year old incident why? The coach mentioned and many from that team have moved on. Looks more like to me an attempt to discredit him personally. Those who live in a glass house should not throw stones!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard