Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
C
kick off
kick off
C
Dreher beat Camden 2-1 in OT.
Not Dreher's best game of season.
Camden played well defensively.
Dreher could not put the ball in the net and played with JV keeper. Dreher Flora game will be a good one Tuesday.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
why was Dreher playing a JV keeper? Is he playing against Flora?

throw in
throw in
Any thoughts on dreher vs flora tomorrow?

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
proabably the biggest game in the region this year...Flora has a lot to prove coming from a sub .500 season last year and Dreher making it all the way to state. I like flora's odds if they come up playing up to their potential.

Bench
Bench
not only is this the biggest game in the region for both teams, its also a huge rivalry, making it that much better. if flora plays like they did against ben lipen, and dreher picks up their game, it should be a very fun match.

Bob played...
goal kick
goal kick
Lets not not forget last year Dreher made it to the finals of the state championship. They graduated many seniors but have a very strong juonior and sophmore class.They also have 2 players from the U-17 lexington state championship team this year. Their performance against camden was not one of their better but they still are a very strong team.
AC Flora usaually has a very good soccer program and this year it is even better, would not be suprised to see Flora win the region this year, and more to the mix of this huge rivalry game in witch anything could happen it will be a very good match for both sides tonight. looking foward to a great game tonight.

Last edited by drogbablues21; 03/27/07 02:52 PM.
P
bench
bench
P
Dreher-1
AC Flora-0
Predictions were almost right-on for the Dreher/Flora game- it COULD HAVE BEEN a great game but for the trouble in the AC Flora stands and their coaches' behavior... Did not do justice to the Flora players.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Congrats Devils. Keep up the good work. 12 in a row in Region play! 23-3 regular season last two years. 4-0-1 against Flora last 5 matches.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll keep reading.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Plenty of upset Flora fans and coaches...2 red cards on Flora asst coach and a fan for dissin the ref. Cant say I blame them much, Dreher, in the last 10 min. committed 2 clear fouls IN the box with wave-offs on both...that will p*ss someone off everytime! OTHERWISE a very close and entertaining game.

S
goal
goal
S
You should have been sitting in the stands next to those students as I was. I was intently listening for foul language and the closest thing to it was that "you suck" was said to the referee from the stands. Otherwise no four letter words were ever used. In fact I believe it was the Dreher student section that started the AC Flora Sucks cheer! The behavior by the coach was such that the referee was unable to control the game. Don't get me wrong the refs did not change the outcome of this game. In my opinion Dreher won the game the refs did not change any otucome. But I was a witness right next to the sidelines. Until the High School League starts truly rating their referees this situation will continue. The intial yellow card was because the coach was able to show that the ball had not gone out of bounds yet the ref still made the out of bounds call. It was right at both of their feet. The ref felt the coach had showed him up and that is why the yellow card was issued. No language beside the ball is still in was said! A very similar call was made in the JV game and I had the best position in the house to see that the ref made another very poor call. He was at one end of the line and I was at the other. At least they should have the refs swith sides of the field in between games. Over two games I am sure frustration wears on both the ref and coaches. But I guess if your stuck with a poor ref in one game it carries over to the next. The red card was due to the frustration of the coaches as they have had significant and very serious injuries this year due to referee's not controling the games. These refs interacted too much with the crowd not to expect the crowd to respond. If the refs don't want to here the crowd they should "completely" ignore the crowd. When they are willing to exchange words or looks with fans they are just asking for trouble in a physical game. I can't wait for an injured player to sue the districts due to the ineptitude of High School refs to control the game. It is coming to your neighborhood soon so they might want to reserve some cash for the lawsuits.

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard