Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
throw in
throw in
Im sure if your agreeing with the refs calls then your a dreher supporter. Many fouls went uncalled for dreher, they spent more time going for the player and obstucting then they did actually playing for the ball. Besides the 2 missed calls in the box there were many other cheap shots uncalled. flora also had there share of hits and bad play, but the refs called it every single time on flora, when it was called maybe 3 or 4 times against dreher. The flora crowd was very rowdy and it was obvious that there remarks got to the ref and he took it out on the team. It was a poor job of officiating. The ref red carded floras assisatant coach, which seemed extreme since he recieved no warning previously in the game. The same refs, reffed the jv game before varsity and it was apparent they were fed up with Flora from the begining because the calls went very similiarly to varsitys(In Drehers favor). You cant blame a loss on the refs, dreher did score a very nice goal, But theres a point where the refs dont have control over the game and it reached that point early in the game. Both teams came out and played with the intensity that you would expect in a rivalry game, and with better refs in the next showdown look for a different result. Good game to both teams.

goal kick
goal kick
why are all of you so biased to flora what have they done to be the best team this year?

coach
coach
If the Flora fans, coaches, & players don't get control of their respective emotions & conduct, they will not go very far.

throw in
throw in
No one has claimed flora to be the best team of the year or anything in that regard. They have put together a good team under there new coach, and do warrant some respect. emotions were running high for both flora and dreher last night. the crowds were the same with the insulting cheers, and things of that nature. but the refs did target flora a lot harder than dreher. that was evident to everyone in attendance.

Last edited by 89scsoccer19; 03/29/07 12:42 AM.
S
goal
goal
S
I have been attempting to put any and all emotion aside in this conversation. My beef is with the High School League and the various schoold districts for not recognizing the need for a 3 ref system. The ref are out of position during the game whether or not they lead classes on officiating. A 3 ref system is used in basketball and the court is quite a bit smaller than the pitch. Why can't they recognize this fact? The out of position calls lead to discrpencies which only cause confrontation. Telling people to become refs is getting old. Many of us participate in big ways to support the local soccer community being a ref is not the only volunteering available. Oh, they get paid! At the very least have the officials switch sides during a match or at least between games. So everyones fans, players and coaches can experience the refs ineptitude in controling a game.

throw in
throw in
Very well said soccer16, a 3 ref system works so much better when trying to make important calls like offsides, out of bounds calls, and fouls in the box. I personally would be in favor of a 3 ref system, i think many games for many people would have turned out differently with proper officiating.

goal kick
goal kick
i agree that floras coach is skilled he was the elite coach for this past years U-14 CUFC team and most of the refs do not know what they're talking about half the time or what they are seeing

throw in
throw in
I agree. i think that to be a high school ref they should be more rigirously trained, and better prepaired to deal with tough games like flora vs dreher, where there are hard to make calls, and some pretty hard fouls. this is where the 3 ref system would really help, because 3 sets of eyes are better than 2.

goal kick
goal kick
even college and professionals use three refs why doesnt the state league smarten up and do the same?

throw in
throw in
because it would make to much sense! the league does a lot of weird things.
Its funny how this board has gotten so off topic from the region to high school refs.

How did the other games of tuesday night go? any scores or reviews?

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard